BY BOOTS

Enriched with clarifying willowbark, Botanics Shine Away Mattifying Gel Cream gives balanced moisture and lasting shine control for oily skin to combination skin. This ultra-light gel cream refines and tightens pores and reduces the appearance of imperfections. The clarifying formula delivers balanced hydration to troublesome skin, to reveal skin that is mattified and healthier looking. Non pore blocking. Willowbark is nature s champion clarifier. Excess sebum, pollution and old skin cells can clog up pores, resulting in shine and blemishes. The bark of the willow tree is a natural source of salicylic acid which helps to refine skin texture and actively target imperfections. Our beauty scientists use active plant extracts approved by Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, to bring you beautiful skincare that s proven to work. see more...

• I read hat people with oily skin should use a gel moisturizer. Be...1 Answers
Alyssa L.
Spencerport, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love the way these moisturizer feels on my skin. I have oily to normal skin, so I apply this before I apply my makeup in the morning and it helps my skin stay matte! It is a gel like consistency, so it glides on like a dream. There is also a lot of product in the container and its a great price, so I would definitely repurchase.
Carrie P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of my favorite face gels. It does a fantastic job with controlling my oil, but keeping my face soft and hydrated. I put this on before I put my makeup on and it keeps it in place all day. It has a pleasant cooking sensation on the skin. There is no strong smell to it either.
Danielle G.
Louisville, KY
this is a great summertime moisturizer! it's very light and absorbs really nicely into the skin. however, I didn't really notice that it made much of a difference with my skin's oil production, and I had to switch to a different moisturizer for winter because it wasn't hydrating enough for my skin.
Dara P.
New Albany, OH
This product is lightweight which is great, but doesn't do a very good job containing/eliminating oil. My face looks/feels the same with or without this product.
Nou L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I like that there is some SPF in this moisture cream. I can use any help I can get for protecting my skin from the sun. I find that it doesn't leave my face matte (or at least more than I would prefer) after application. I go in with another matte moisturizer in the areas where I get oily the most.
Michelle G.
Citrus Hts, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used a couple of the products in this mattifying line and found them to all fall short of the claims. I have an extremely oily forehead and while these do dry my skin out, the oil production went full speed ahead, leaving me with dry feeling but oily looking skin. This is a product I will not repurchase or recommend.
Leah G.
Lacey, WA
This stuff is smooth, smells pretty good and works great! I don't want to spend a great deal of time before I go to bed, so it's nice to have a quick, simple routine that works. Packaging is simple, but you don't need much. High quality stuff!
Andrea G.
smells so good, when applied it feels as cool face, it is a perfect cream in the summer, while you are using it you'll feel a big change and appreciate the changes that occur when you start it using
Kate J.
W Barnstable, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is quite a good mattifying gel for a really excellent price. Boots gives you products at drugstore prices that generally are of a prestige brand quality. I highly recommend this mattifying gel-cream.
Mimi T.
Forest Hills, NY
Perfect for summer use. I stick to gel type moisturizers when the weather is hot and humid. The mattifying effect keeps my face feeling fresh, and I love the bright and natural scent of this product.
Lux R.
I read hat people with oily skin should use a gel moisturizer. Before trying a more expensive brand I wanted to test out something from the drug store.. I just purchased but wanted some feedback from others..Have you used this? Did it help control eh oil in your face? What is your face regime?