Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm uploaded by Lou L.Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm uploaded by Cara L.

BY BOOTS

The Power of Plants 97% Organic Deeply Cleanses and Smoothes With Nourishing Rosehip This deep-cleansing balm contains a luxurious blend of Shea Butter, Rosehip and Jojoba Oil to leave skin smooth, soft and clean. The gentle polishing action of the muslin cloth helps remove dirt, revealing a beautiful radiant complexion. Active plant extract, Rosehip, is a rich source of Omega oils, which help improve suppleness and keep skin soft and healthy looking. Our beauty scientists use active plant extracts developed with Royal Botanicals Gardens, Kew, to bring you beautiful skincare that s proven to work. Formulated without parabens. see more...

Jennifer A.
Minneapolis, MN
Review for: Boots Botanics Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm more...
I'm a huge fan of balm cleansers because I'm a die-hard proponent of the double-cleanse method for PM, and balm cleansers remove makeup and dirt without the mess of an oil makeup remover (much more travel-friendly too). This method of makeup removal is also way more environmentally friendly than makeup wipes or removers that require cotton pads, and I feel like it's gentler on my skin. I always us a soft microfiber cloth to rinse them off, se I've never had a problem getting them to remove every bit of makeup - although I don't rely on them if I use waterproof mascara (I will use a bi-phase makeup remover and a cotton pad for that).

My holy-grail balm cleanser is  CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm , but I was looking for something cheaper, and possibly less utilitarian. TTDOCB is a workhorse, but ti's unscented and doesn't give that skincare "ritual" feeling that some of my other skincare steps do.

I thought this Botanics balm might do the trick. I was debating between this and  THE BODY SHOP® Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter , but that's not available in-store or online at Ulta, and Botanics was on Target's website, so it was more convenient for me to purchase. It also has the recommendation of Caroline Hirons, and she's also sensitive to shea butter, which is an ingredient in this product, so I thought I would probably be okay using this, since I'm not sensitive to the top three ingredients, and my skin loves rose hip seed oil.

Unfortunately, this was a miss for me. It comes with a cloth for removal which is nice in theory, but it's a cheap muslin cloth that's not soft enough (for me) to use - I tossed it. I do enjoy the scent, which is kind of sandalwood-y and lemongrass-y. It's a citronella-colored balm with some soft lumps in it, so not the most visually appealing, but it immediately turns into a clear oil when rubbed onto the skin. The texture is not my favorite of the balm cleansers I've tried. It feels like a more oil-y oil when compared to other balms, if that makes any sense. Not a thicker oil, but more substantial, in a way. And even when I wipe it off with warm water using my cloth and do a second cleanse with my face wash (La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Soap Free Cleanser), I can still feel an oily residue. The best way I can describe it is as if I had rubbed lanolin into my skin and then tried to wash it off.

I apply dry oils at night as well as occlusives, so I can live with that feeling, but I did break out from using this balm. They weren't terrible break outs (not cystic), but it was enough that I won't continue to use this after using it a few times.

I've bought a mini TTDOCB for when I need something convenient to travel, and my new test subject for an evening first cleanse is  belif Cleansing Gel Oil Enriched 5.07 oz/ 150 mL .
Deanna C.
North Charleston
Review for: Boots Botanics Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm more...
This product is disgusting. I'm not much of an oil/balm cleanser person to begin with, however I wanted to try this to remove makeup. Though it will melt your makeup down, you cannot just splash water on your face and get a clean rinse. This stuff is so thick and greasy it will stain your wash cloths and is hard to get off your hands even when washing with soap afterwards. I believe you should always do a double cleanse when going in with a oil/balm cleanser first due to these types of products typically leaving a film on your skin, but this one leaves a full on waxy coating! The directions don't even tell you to cleanse as normal afterwards either, only to press the hot cloth against your skin and remove excess. You would probably break out like crazy if not going in with a regular cleanser after this product. Also, the cloth it comes with is cheap and isn't worth trying to reuse. Save your money. This product is garbage.
Kimberly L.
Denver, CO
i was kn search of a cleansing balm for a long time and finally i found this is costs around $10 for over 2oz very resonable. it comes kn the form of a sorbet lime texture and as you rub it, it transforms to an oil then adding water kt becomes milky in texture. It is everything i was looming for and removes makeup whike leaving my skin clean and moisturized.
Breyonna S.
So I'll be honest this product is just absolutely disgusting and I hated every minute of trying it. I had a friend recommend it to me saying how great it is and whatnot so I thought I'd give it a try. This product comes with the balm in the container and a cloth that you will more than likely throw away since it's not that great of quality. The product itself is a balm that reminds me of an organic scrub in a way, but without the grit. With this product you are supposed to dampen your face, apply some product all over, and press down a hot cloth in order to cleanse the face. Honestly this product has a decent smell to it, but it also smells gross at the same time since the scent lingers. It has a very 'organic' and 'natural' kind of scent if you know what I mean. However, why I am giving this 1 star is because it leaves a disgusting residue on my skin that is insanely hard to wipe off (my favorite cleanser that cleans my face wouldnt even remove it nor a makeup wipe) and the fact this product doesn't even work. The film made my face break out even though I tried washing it off many times to the point my face was red. I wanted to love this product but I can't. There's a lot of better drugstore cleansers than this one, so save your money!
Ana B.
Olivehurst , CA
Review for: Boots Botanics Organics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm, 11.83 fl oz more...
Oh my goodness so I've been on a skin care kick lately and I was looking at the boots products at Target. When I saw the good reviews on this and the cheap price of 8.99 I had to pick it up. This has been one of my best impulse buys!! This is a solid looking balm but once you rub it into the skin it turns into an oil. I know to oily skinned folks like me this sounds scary but over time using this product has cleared up my skin and let me tell you why. This balm removes every last bit of my face and eye makeup as I rub it in even my most long wearing makeup slids away. This over time has completely unclogged my pores and deep cleans my skin. How I use it: I rub a nickel sized amount of balm all over my face. I massage it in for 2-3 mins. (this my favorite part of my whole skincare routine, massaging your skin with this balm feels really pampering) I then wet the cloth with warm water and gently wipe the balm and residue makeup off my face. Afterwards I hop in the shower and wash my face
Lala E.
I have normal to combination skin with monthly breakouts. I've started incorporating parts of the Korean skincare regimen into my daily skincare regimen. I've found that this is a VERY affordable alternative to some cleansing balms/oils. Like some reviewers have stated, this removes face and eye makeup REALLY well and leaves my skin healthy and supple. I do follow up with a water based cleanser afterwards. I would highly recommend this product!
Gina C.
Los Angeles, CA
This cleansing Balm is a Godsend! I used to use Egyptian Magic from Whole Foods for $34+ to remove my makeup, and occasionally as a night moisturizer. The texture and ingredients, (though not exactly spot on) are very similar to each other. In fact, I prefer the smell of the Botanics to Egyptian Magic. It's also organic, which the EM isn't.
It's best used as a warm then cold compress with either the muslin cloth it comes with, or a terry washcloth, as it helps activate the oils, then creates a moisturizing seal. Verrry Spa-Like Experience!
Courtney R.
San Antonio, TX
This balm does a great job with breaking down makeup. I find it difficult to use though because you need really hot water to wipe away the balm, which I don't really have at my house. When I'm feeling extra dry or wearing more makeup, this is what i turn to. It's inexpensive, does the job, and as a bonus, the herbal-y smell is soothing especially if you have a cold.
Samantha S.
Lake Wylie, SC
I love this product. From start to finish this was just an easy to use product, and you get so much for the cost. Also the cloth is a great addition and is very soothing to the skin. My only issue I seemed to have was that my skin looked a little oily afterwards but it felt nice and smooth.
Julija B.
I love this cleansing Balm. I use it in the morning and at night. My skin is kinda sensitive and gets oily. This cleanser moisturizes it while not making it oily at all. When I use foamy cleansers, my skin gets irritated. Boots botanics hot cloth cleansing balm doesn't do this at all. I would definitely recommend this to everyone, no matter what skin type. :)
Samantha B.
Henderson, NV
Does this product leave a film or residue on your skin after you use it? I find a lot of cleansing oil/balms tend to leave me feeling kind of greasy after use.
Minji K.
Fresh Meadows, NY
would this cleanser be good for waterproof makeup?
Ashton A.
Baton Rouge, LA
Where can I find this product?
Vee K.
Kissimmee, FL
Will this leave my face greasy?