BY KYOCERA #94 in Smartphones

Boost kyocera hydro prepaid cell phone - black see more...

Devonne S.
Austin, TX
Okay so first off this phone has a really good resolution on the screen now for the cons of this phone one this phone would always crash so much it would just freeze for no reason a lot of times I didn't realize my phone was off because it will literally shut off on its own I missed a lot of phone calls emails text because the phone will just shut off on its own I had to replace the battery memory many times due to a burning out I just don't like this particular brand in general if it's if it's this brand of phone I would not get it just because I've had so many issues with this particular brand
James B.
Superior, WI
Been using this prepaid for almost 3 years now and I gotta say it has it's issues but when you need it it's there for you. Calling and texting works like a charm, although boost doesn't cover all areas. Sometimes you need to leave a building to use it as well. It has Google Play like any other Android but it is a bit laggy at some times. It crashes some apps upon opening, but rarely crashes after the app opens successfully. Battery life is very low, so always keep your charger handy. Screen brightness is very dark unless you put it at max, which eats the battery like crazy. All and all it has come through for me though. Even if it is disconnected from service you can dial emergency numbers. I am on the $35 a month plan which has unlimited talk and text, and kind of unlimited data. They give you 2gb which run at full speed, but everything you use after that gets slower and slower. For it's price though this is the best one I have found. I recommend this to anyone on a budget.
Michelle D.
Techie Expert Level 2
I liked this phone just fine. It had nice features and was easy to setup. What I wasn't really a fan of were the plans available. I felt like I could get a better deal with another company.
Lisa B.
I have had this Kyocera phone for three months now and I must say I am NOT impressed. The screen size and resolution ate spot on but that's where it ends. It is slow and lags a lot. The speaker is horrible. I cannot hear anything on it unless its on speakerphone and when I place a call people on the other end say I sound like I'm whispering...and I am not. The phone comes preloaded with a LOT of apps that I will NEVER EVER use..and I can't uninstall them. The battery isn't removable and I don't like that. Over all I wish I had done more research on this phone before I bought it...granted it was inexpensive, but for the same money I could have purchased a Much better phone. I would NOT recommend this particular phone to anyone....sorry.
Christina g.
Wonder Lake, IL
This phone has lasted the longest if any phone I've had. Its military grade shock resistant, witch comes in handy I drop my phone alot. It's water splash & submerchion features have been a phone saver as well being caught in down pours, dropping in puddles, snow monds, or yes the toilet my phone is still going! I've had it about a year & a half now better then the 6 month average on any other cell phone I bought. Some of my apps have been acting up lately tho it might just need system update
Michelle C.
Lexington, KY
I bought this phone, but from T-Mobile as a replacement to my Alcatel one touch fierce 2. my main draws to this phone were the larger 5" screen as I have vision problems and the waterproof feature. I am overall somewhat happy with the phone although I get annoyed someone's at the lag I experience when closing an app I return to the home screen or switching between apps. other than that I am pretty well pleased with it. I am not a person who is captivated by the best and most powerful electronics so keep that in mind when making a consideration.
Jameka K.
Wilson, NC
I personally do not recommend this phone to anyone unless. It's a great starter smartphone, but not for someone that has had smart phones in the past. I am most definitely going to go ahead and purchase a new phone shortly. I have had to reset my phone a couple of times and I've only had it for about 6 months. You can't really hear the person you're talking to unless you have blue-tooth or have the phone on speaker. Same with the person on the other end, they can't really hear you when you have the phone up to your face.
Hilary E.
Crofton, Md
This thing is an indestructible brick. If you're anything like clumsy me, get this immediately. It flew off my car, landed face first on the pavement, and didn't even develop a scratch. THe actual interface of the phone is very expected of the brand. It's cheap. But it still does everything you need a basic smart phone to do.
Joanie W.
Woodleaf, NC
Amazing phone, does everything I need it to do. Tons of storage space. Decent battery life. The only problem is the sound. Calls are too low so you have to mostly just have the speaker on. And with the video camera the sound is slower than the video. But this phone has been tossed accidentally hitting the ceiling and smacking off the floor. It's been pool side, even in the pool and still works well. My grandson uses it to watch netflix and chew on.
Phalon B.
Cowen, WV
I love this phine it has been GREAT for the price that I paid. The only thing that I dislike it it keep saying that it is full and won't let me move more things to my memory card or download things even though I have plenty of space on my SD card. Fix that and I would give it 5 Stars
How well does this work