Add a Photo

By COVERGIRL
#314 in Mascara

Mega volume and dark intensity in one mascara for an over the top bombshell look. Step 1 volumize - load on for unbelievably big volume - step 2 - intensify - seal in with one coat for an intense, dark all day finish. Beautifully separated lashes. Removes with covergirl makeup remover.

Photos (60)
Devan C.
Devan C.

I tend to stick with covergirl lash blast mascaras, and have never had any problems. I decided to try out this mascara last time I was at the store. When using both steps, it is like there is glue in the second step. Although it might make my lashes stand out, it is so incredibly difficult to wash off, it isn't worth it. I used soap and water, oil free eye make up remover, and make up remover with oil, and STILL couldn't get it completely off. It makes my lashes feel hard and thick. However, I DO like it with only the first step. It looks fine, and washes off fine. So for the time being, that is what I've done, and haven't had any problems that way. I will not buy it again, and as far as 2 step mascaras go, there way better options than this one.
Kelsey H.
Kelsey H.
Hermitage, TN

THIS IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MASCARA! I tried a long time ago when I first joined this site to write about it and after that I WAS HOOKED. It features two sides, one with plastic bristles that pull lashes apart and spread the coverage from the base of the eye to the tip of the lash, and side 2 which features a classic brush head that thickens and darkens the lashes. I usually only use side 1 because it gives SOOO much volume but when I am going for a glam look I can thicken them up with out pulling out another mascara tube! This product is really a two for one and It it the only mascara I have used for months and months until there is none left! I recommend it to all my friends and even now it's all they use!
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

CoverGirl mascaras are usually very good, especially the Lash Blast ones. However this Bombshell mascara is an exception - it is absolutely horrible! It is a total pain to remove. It's sticky and I practically have to rub my eyes raw to try and get it off. And I don't care for the two-step application. I don't see any difference in my lashes with or without the primer, and the short wand makes it more difficult to apply the mascara. It makes my lashes look okay, a little sticky, but I can easily get better results with a different mascara that has a better wand and is easier to remove. I would recommend any of the Lash Blast mascaras except for this one. I didn't like any part of this mascara at all.
Camila A.
Camila A.

It makes me sad to write a bad review because I had such high expectations regarding this mascara and at some point I thought I could really make it work. See, this mascara has two wands as it is a two-step product. And I love both of them: the first one actually makes my eyelashes look long while the second one adds volume. As a person who has short and thin eyelashes I thought I'd found the perfect product. The problem is, it didn't really achieve the dramatic effect I was expecting and it seems to me that wearing two coats of the mascara was just unnecessary. I'm going to give it another chance following the two steps and if it definitely doesn't work, I guess I'll just use each wand separately.
Joanna O.
Joanna O.
Bushnell, FL

I had higher expectations for this mascara. It does make your eyelashes look darker and fuller. And the packaging does draw in the girliest of girls. It makes your lashes feel crispy and brittle when it dries. I like the idea of two sides but I'm kind of torn on what side two does considering it is the side that makes your lashes harder. I'm assuming it is the waterproof part. Now I'm not saying it's a bad product however it is probably on the lower end of fantastic mascaras. I am going to include a photo of me wearing the mascara along with other facial makeup products and also a photo of the day after affect of this mascara.
Austyn T.
Austyn T.
Martinsville, IN

If I wanted a waterproof mascara, I would have bought one stating it was waterproof. This was absolutely the worst mascara in history. I couldn't get it off no matter what I tried. Coconut oil, oil based make up remover (2 different ones), make up wipes, water and soap... And NOTHING. I don't even care how it makes my eyelashes look if I can't even get it off. I've probably lost all of my eyelashes now trying to get it off. Scrub it off actually. Never again and will be getting my money back from this crap.
Emily D.
Emily D.
Madison Hts, MI

This mascara is by far my favorite that I've ever used. First of all, it is impossible to remove. I haven't worn mascara in 3 days and there are still clumps of it on my lashes. The good thing about this mascara is you obviously know it is long lasting. It really does make a difference as far as volume and length which is why I love it. I simply wish it was easier to remove. It's also kind of sticky and will clump if you're not careful! Overall, I still love this stuff.
Holly N.
Holly N.
The Colony, TX

Recently started using this mascara, and I LOVE the way my lashes look after use. I notice more of a difference after the first step - the second step has a different, more typical wand and doesn't do much. However, my one complaint about this product is it is a PAIN to take off. Does not like to come off with makeup wipes or remover, tends to end up under my eyes after a shower the next morning. Usually q-tips and remover will do the trick after that.
Cheryl T.
Cheryl T.
Seattle, WA

I just bought and tried this product for the first time today, so I can only give you my initial thoughts. I loved that the first part of the duo accentuated every lash. It looked immediately like I had twice the amount of lashes. The second part didn't really do much for me, or if it did, I didn't notice a difference. Although I didn't have "bombshell" lashes, I had decent ones. I wish it had the little fibers in it to give longer lashes.
Kasey W.
Kasey W.
Ware Shoals, SC

I love the Bombshell Volume by Lashblast Mascara. I really like how there are two separate brushes for top lashes and bottom lashes. The top lash brush is bigger so that every lash is coated evenly without leaving clumps. The bottom lash brush is smaller and allows every tiny bottom lash to be coated with the mascara. The mascara formula keeps my lashes fuller and longer! It really has the look of wearing false eye lashes.
Kaitlin R.
Kaitlin R.

I've been dying to try this! I just don't have much money right now for this type of luxury. Is it worth the price??
Kristine M.
Kristine M.
Mc Farland, WI

Somebody, PLEASE suggest a product to use to get this off. Scrubbing with face soap and water just creates a mess and most wipes are just too oily and make my face feel sore after use.
Kateryna B.
Kateryna B.
Vancouver, WA

How do people feel about the mascara being hard to remove? I like the idea of it staying on and giving me long lashes at night without the smug!
Kaitlyn S.
Kaitlyn S.
Lakeland, FL

How well does this product work?
Amy C.
Amy C.

Am I the only one who can not get this mascara off with anything? I have tried multiple makeup removers, and this mascara refuses to come off.