BY BOLT BUS #4 in Bus Lines

• Do they offer discounts for college students? How far in advance ...1 Answers
  • Does anyone know their routes/stops in California?3 Answers
  • How has your experience been with this bus? I usually take the Me...6 Answers
Bolt Bus
  • "Overall I would recommend Bolt Bus to anyone looking for an affordable, efficient trip." in 2 reviews
  • "I would definitely recommend " in 1 review
  • "I really enjoyed my trip on a Bolt Bus!" in 1 review
  • "Still, they will get you where you're going for a good price if you can put up with some of the more minor inconveniences." in 1 review
Millene A.
Melrose, MA
Globetrotter Expert
I used to go to school in NJ and would have to take a bus to Boston MA to see my boyfriend. Bolt was cheap, clean, and comfortable. The outlets to charge cellphones and laptops were sometimes loose so chargers would fall out of the outlet, which could get annoying. Also, I used to get Bolt at the stop near TGI Fridays in New York, but then they moved the stop several blocks away. This was a HUGE hassle because now you'd have to trek a few blocks with luggage..not fun. Besides this though, I always had excellent service and the drivers were always friendly and punctual.
Najette A.
Baltimore, MD
As an avid bus traveler I have taken my fair share of Bolt Bus rides. They are clean, relatively punctual, and have wifi and outlets to accommodate their passengers. However, their stops in most cities are incredibly out of the way, or on some strange highway, making you feel uncomfortable and sometimes unsafe. But you can sometimes "Bolt for a Buck" and then it is worth it!
maya p.
Owings Mills, MD
I like Bolt but they always seem to have higher prices then lets say Megabus. None of these buses are really comfortable or clean honestly for a really long trip, but if you are not going too far and for the price I would say its worth it. I would recommend Bolt for short-term travelers who are not really picky.
Emily d.
Lake Oswego, OR
I have taken this bus to Seattle and I've been vying for that $1 ticket, but alas, no such luck. The driver was friendly and the services were excellent. I felt so at ease, and I had never taken a bus such a long distance before. I would recommend this to folks in the PNW
Paula Q.
Globetrotter Expert
I haven't been able to find many Bolt buses available but their prices seem to be pretty great. Can be a very affordable way to travel
Thi N.
Lynnwood, WA
I like bolt bus. I use to go to college far away from home and I had no transportation home... but bolt bus is very affordable!
Mariama M.
Beltsville, MD
I used this company for a roundtrip from MD to NYC. it was about $35. Took 4 hours drive, not bad. I usually can drive to the city in 3, 3.5. They have outlets so I charged my phone the whole time. They made one stop about halfway in Delaware. The first bus in the morning was jam packed. The bus home had about 13 people on it so I had space for my stuff.
Dominique V.
Miami
I used for go from NJ to Boston, a great service, I will definitely use it again, very confortable seats and waiting rooms, a great wi-fi during all the trip, I really felt very safe traveling on it. The punctuality was also good.  Also it was cheap, it just costed me 16 dollars.
Emilen R.
Silver Spring, MD
My family goes to NJ a lot and usually my parents go ahead of time and I go after with my sister and we've never had any problems. Love the fact that there's wifi time the bus .
Fernanda I.
Germantown, TN
I went to NYC using this company. The price was great by the time I bought it, the best comparing with other companies, but I bought two months in advance, if I have to buy last minute this isn`t the best option because the prices are usually higher. Bus is comfortable, was clean, has bathroom and the driver was good.
Ana G.
Santa Cruz, California
Globetrotter Expert
How has your experience been with this bus? I usually take the MegaBus but is this one better? Same?
Sarah G.
Berlin, NJ
Globetrotter Expert
I am thinking of taking this bus within the coming months. Is there a certain day of the week that the best rates will be given?
Danielle M.
Globetrotter Expert
Does anyone know their routes/stops in California?
Aimee B.
Do they offer discounts for college students? How far in advance do you need to purchase your ticket? Do you have to purchase your ticket early in order to get a good price or can you buy at last minute?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Globetrotter Expert
Where can I find bolt bus at?