BY BODUM #17 in French Presses

This 8-c. version of the original Chambord easily serves four and has all the favorite features: a polished stainless lid and holder, wide black handle and knob that stay cool, and a durable glass carafe. To use, simply spoon-in the ground coffee of your choice, fill with boiling water to the desired level and plunge the press firmly against the grounds. Wait a few minutes then enjoy fresh coffee! The Bodum Chambord is the original French press, an award winner of the American Culinary Institute's Gold Medal for two years straight. see more...

• How does this work? Do coffee grounds seep into the coffee?2 Answers
Buy on Target*
Sandra M.
Richmond, TX
Chambord's French Coffee Press is not only beautiful to look at, it makes wonderful coffee. If you have never tried french pressed coffee, you are missing something so deep and so flavorful. Chambord's French Coffee Press strainer is highly efficient at keeping the grounds out of your coffee. Easy to clean and easy to use.
Kim T.
I have this one as well as the personal press at home! This is great to make a few cups of coffee for you and your friends. :) It keeps the grounds out of your coffee, I just recommend that you don't use a fine ground, which you're probably not supposed to anyway.
Brianna J.
Was given one of these for a gift and i absolutely love it !! Got misplaced during a move and have missed it ever since. . WILL purchase a new one.
Mayte P.
I literally am dying for one of these. I hate the coffee we have at my job and figured this would be a life saver to have at my desk.
Danielle S.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
I put this on my wedding registry for myself. My fiancee loved it so much he stole it and took it to the office.
Dina s.
Everything about this coffee maker met or exceeded my expectations. (With one caveat, at the end of the review.)

I'd heard that all “French Presses” deposit a very small amount of coffee grounds in your coffee. Everyone said it was a small trade-off for the best cup of coffee you can easily make at home. One even said those grounds were a "badge of honor."

Well, I've been using my Bodum for weeks now and am yet to notice a single coffee ground in my coffee. Perhaps the plunger's filter mesh will deform slightly, someday, if I drop it on the floor? For now, though, the edges of plunger perfectly match up with the glass.

It really is the best coffee I've ever had. I love this thing.

My advice: buy good coffee. Know your beans, and make sure it's ground very coarse (specifically for a French Press). Find a local roaster and buy it direct.

Now, the caveat: this thing does not provide "four cups" in the American sense of the word "cup". It holds about 16 ounces. That's two cups. I believe they call this a four-cup press because it holds four demitasse, which is much closer to a half-cup.

If you like a big cup of coffee in the morning, or are filling up an insulated travel mug, then this Bodun will make enough for just one person at a time. Again, sixteen ounces. It's approximately one Starbucks Grande or a little more than one Dunkin’ Donuts medium.
Brittany H.
How does this work? Do coffee grounds seep into the coffee?