BY BODUM #8 in French Presses

Donna C.
Donna C.
Liberty, MO
I love my new Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker! It is one of the best ones that I have ever used. I finally wore out my first one, so I decided to buy another! Y

The most obvious use for a French press is making coffee. It's a great alternative to an pensive coffee maker, and takes less room. I also use it to make whipped hot chocolate! This Bodum Chambord French press does more! I can froth milk in it for iced coffee or chocolate drinks. I add a bit of warm milk to the press, then pull the press up and down until the milk has frothed. It only takes a minute or too. Infuse loose leaf tea without any leaves is great! It makes a great cocktail shaker, too! If you like your drink "dirty", take the plunger out and pour it all together! Use it to drain the water off of fresh vegetable. I let them sit in the carafe until thawed. Then, gently press down until the water is almost out of the vegetables. Then, just drain the liquid off! I also use it to strain broth off
Kristy I.
Kristy I.
Los Angeles, CA
Totally worth the couple extra dollars in my opinion. I use this everyday to make my morning coffee. It's made of high quality materials like glass and stainless steel. The mesh filter component is definitely higher quality than the other French presses that I've tried. The quality of the mesh filter and pressing element is crucial to a French press. Some French presses can leak small particles of the grounds into your coffee! I never have that problem with this one. Not to mention, it looks beautiful on my kitchen counter.
Megan I.
Megan I.
I got a Bodum french press for Christmas a month ago and absolutely love it! It makes the freshest tasting coffee I've ever had! It definitely takes more effort and time to brew some coffee but trust me when I say its worth it! I love the way it looks on the counter as well :)
kim h.
kim h.
Holly Springs, NC
This coffee press was perfectly good. We had it for a couple years and used it on a daily basis. Until I barely hit the glass container on our granite counter tops. When I went to replace the glass portion I was going to be paying about $25. I ended up going to Walmart and getting one there for about $20 total (the whole french press). It's glass and makes just as good of coffee for about half the price. So, if you like the name brand this is awesome. If you don't care about the name brand you can get a glass one elsewhere for cheaper that makes an awesome cup of coffee.
Lisa T.
Lisa T.
Los Angeles, CA
I have this French press in the copper finish. It's a real eye-catching feature in our kitchen. Not the cheapest press out there, but I do find that the actual press/straining components are of nicer quality than other, cheaper versions with a mesh screen fitted inside rubber.
Paola S.
Paola S.
I used to make my coffee in a traditional coffee maker until I moved in with my honey, who had this Bodum french press and loved it. Well... now I love it too and I can taste the 'filter' when I drink coffee that ran through a paper filter. Yes, I know, it sounds snobby, but that's what happens when you get used to coffee made in a french press. You get spoiled.
The Bodum french press is sturdy and great quality -- we have had ours for years. It's easy to care of (it's glass, it doesn't stain and washes easily). Just be careful not to smash it, of course.
We keep ours on the counter, and it doesn't take much space.
Try it at your own risk -- you won't want to go back to your old coffee maker!
Courtney M.
Courtney M.
Allendale, MI
Foodie Expert
MAKES GREAT COFFEE! It does take some practice and some time to figure out the process that works best for you. Once you figure it out it's well worth it, the coffee is delicious and you can make it to your exact specifications. It's also fairly simple to use and the clean up is easy. This makes the freshest coffee you'll ever taste. It a great purchase for all the coffee lovers out there.