BY BOCA BURGER #5 in Frozen Entrees

Boca Burgers
  • "I prefer to make my own veggie burger but when I want one fast this is my second choice its actually not what you think when it comes to people who eat an actual meat burger but if you are open to it defiantly try it its better for you and its not half bad " in 61 reviews
  • "Now that I have returned to eating meat again I still enjoy them because they taste great and are a great option if you want to cut back on red meat." in 26 reviews
  • "While Boca Burgers, of any flavor, do not taste at all like hamburgers -- they are still a pretty good alternative, and when all the toppings are added, can pass for a burger!" in 23 reviews
  • "I do love these burgers when I first tried them I felt like they tasted too much like meat alot of meat eaters I know have tried these and they say they are not so bad these are of course much healthier I also like morning star burgers for their taste " in 21 reviews
  • "I was trying to lower my intake of red meat at one point..so i looking for another alternative for meat..I came across boca burgers..at first i really liked them but after awhile i got tired of eating them all the time...but they were really yummy when you dont eat them all the time" in 18 reviews
Renee U.
Renee U.
Revere, MA
If you're a vegetarian or ever went through any phase where you didn't eat meat these made it into your diet one time or another.

I really like the black bean Boca burger more than the original. I feel like the original tasted like a frozen meatless patty and gives the whole vegetarian fake meat a really not great name. These are getting three stars because I think they are MORE filling than your traditional hamburger. They come with enough patties in the package that you do get your monies worth on this product. Often you can use a coupon or they will be running a promotion at some stores for this item. Lasts a good amount of time in a freezer as well before it starts to become a bit funky or too frozen to ever think of eating it.
Christina M.
Christina M.
Somerville, MA
Foodie Expert
It depends on if you like the wannabe meat variety or the veggie variety of non-meat burgers, but if you are going for the former, Boca is a great place to start. They do a nice job of giving you that grilled flavor with some semblance of the texture of a meat burger. Great to have for your veggie friends at a barbecue – just remember to give the veggie burgers their own area of the grill!
Stephanie J.
Stephanie J.
Arcanum, OH
If you've ever thought of veggie burgers as something tasteless, you need to try these! They're healthier than a typical burger, but have a very similar taste, and they even have that fresh off the grill, flame grilled taste! They're a little pricey, but if you're looking for a healthier meat alternative, you won't find anything better tasting than these!
Jennifer J.
Jennifer J.
Fountain, CO
Foodie Expert
I prefer my homemade vegetarian burgers to these; but these are great if I am in a hurry. They are also a great thing to have around whenever there is a bbq and you have vegetarian friends over. I find the price to be very reasonable; you can find them at many different supermarkets. I recommend to anybody who needs a quick vegetarian meal.
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Issaquah, WA
Foodie Expert
I have been a vegetarian for 8+ years and have tried SO many different brands of substitute meat products. I have found that I really prefer Morningstar over Boca. I find that no matter how I cook these, they always end up tasting really dry! They do have an awesome taste, I just wish I could find a way for them to be less dry!
Dalia S.
Dalia S.
Hesperia, CA
I enjoyed these boca burger patties. They were a good addition to our barbecue. I haven't tried other products like this so I cant really compare. We got ours on sale at Costco a while back. They go especially great with our sauce version of an in n out burger. I would recommend this.
Valerie C.
Valerie C.
Foodie Expert
These burgers are fantastic. I purchased mine from Target. I you are cooking for a large group of people these burgers provided the best bang for your buck. They are tasty and delicious. However, they are a tad on the small thin side. I would purchase these again for large functions.
Sarah B.
Sarah B.
Eyota, MN
My husband adores these I hate them. He could eat a whole box me, not so much. I think they smell unpleasant and have a rubbery mush texture. What exactly are they comprised of anyway? With that being my said my husband was a vegetarian for 20 years and this was his go to brand.
Brianne G.
Brianne G.
Atlanta, GA
Not a bad option for a quick Meatless Monday option. Often times, making a healthier choice requires a lot more work; not so with Boca Burgers. They're ready to go, and taste great! You won't be confusing these with the real deal, but they're a yummy alternative nonetheless.
Carlie A.
Carlie A.
Boca burgers definitely don't taste like meat, but they do have a great flavor on their own. They're one of the better burger substitutes available. I've tried them on several occasions at various restaurants and also like to always keep some in my freezer for quick meals.
Natalie V.
Natalie V.
Zion, Il
Does it taste good?
Ashley K.
Ashley K.
Aliquippa , PA
What is your favorite Boca Burger topping?
Megan Z.
Megan Z.
MorningStar or Boca? Which do you prefer?!
Ann k.
Ann k.
Temecula, CA
Foodie Expert
Does it taste like hamburger meat?
tabetha T.
tabetha T.
Foodie Expert
How do you prepare and eat these?