BY BOB'S RED MILL

Bob's Red Mill® Premium Xanthan Gum.
An employee-owned company.
To Your Good Health®.
All natural.
You can see our quality!
Xanthan gum is made from the outer layer of a tiny, inactive bacterium called Xanthomonas Campestris. It is an excellent all-purpose thickener for dressings, gravies and sauces. Its unique ability to hold small particles of food together makes it the ideal substitute for gluten in gluten-free baking.
Gluten free.
All natural. see more...

Michelle W.
I think this product, Bob's Red Mill Xanthan Gum, needs more love! I had never heard of it before and saw it as an option to add into bread recipes in my bread machine recipe book that I got as a gift. I still never used it until I saw it as part of recipes for clean healthy smoothies and shakes on Instagram. I then bought this one and WOW! It only takes ¼ of a tsp per shake to thicken it up! Yup- it thickens it! It is a gluten free thickener. I add ¼ of a tsp to all of my healthy mocha fraps, shakes, smoothies that are normally very liquidly and have now turned them into a nice, creamy consistency (think Wendy's Frosty!!)...I have lost 7 lbs so far in 3 weeks just from cutting back on my snacking since I can now make a 49 calorie mocha frosty each night without having to use any type of ice cream to make it thick and creamy! Love it.
Jenn R.
PFLUGERVILLE, TX
This is SO crucial to gluten free baking! While the package is kind of pricey, you do have to consider that you don't use a ton of xanthan gum in a recipe. A teaspoon here, a fourth of a teaspoon there, etc. This package should last a person a very long time.
Sheila Q.
Once again I Love all of Bob's Red Mill products. The Xanthan Gum is something I use daily when I make soups and smoothies....it helps thicken them. I use it in all my Gluten-free baked goods. Make sure you store in an air tight container and use within 6 months of opening.
Amanda M.
Ludlow, MA
I'm so glad Bobs Red Mill makes this xanthan gum product. It is a must ingredient if you are a gluten free baker. It helps with the consistency of the bake goods. It's a little pricey but it will last a long time.
Rachel M.
Good for substituting in gluten free recipes. Helps keep things together and can be used in a variety of recipes. Unfortunately it's expensive, but not anything different than others on market
Melissa T.
Oceanside, CA
I use this xanthum gum in all my gluten-free cooking and it works great. You really need to use the chart on the back as a reference otherwise you baking will not come out correctly. This is a must for GF baking
Danielle S.
Mcmurray, PA
This is a must when mixing gluten free flour blend or baking anything gluten free for that matter! A tiny bit goes a long way or you'll end up with very gummy food!
Alison O.
Love it for when I'm making protein milk shakes - the perfect way to thicken up the mixture! Just don't add too much or you'll get a slimy texture!! :P
Emilie H.
Belton, MO
My sister is allergic to wheat so we used bobs red mill xanthan gum to thicken up different recipes since you find a lot of this in gluten free foods
Claire M.
Great for gluten free baking! Xanthan Gum is a must have if your baking gluten free as it gives the dough a stretcher "gluten-ier" texture.