Bob's Red Mill® Whole Grain Teff

by Bob's Red Mill

Whole Grain Teff is a tiny grain that has been a staple of traditional Ethiopian cooking for thousands of years. It has a mild, nutty flavor and is a good source of iron, calcium, magnesium, and zinc. Try teff in porridge or stew. Delicious on its own or combined with other grains and vegetables.

Add a little adventure to everyday meals with teff, a tiny whole grain that has been a staple of traditional Ethiopian cooking for thousands of years. Whole Grain Teff (Tef, T'ef) an ancient East African cereal grass, is a nutritional powerhouse. It is the smallest grain in the world (about 100 grains are the size of a kernel of wheat!). The germ and bran, where the nutrients are concentrated, account for a larger volume of the seed compared to more familiar grains.
With a mild, nutty flavor and lots of calcium, protein and fiber, whole grain teff is a great addition to porridge, stews, pilaf or baked goods. Cooked whole grain teff makes a unique hot breakfast cereal similar in consistency and texture to wheat farina. Teff can be made into polenta, added to veggie burgers, cakes, cookies and breads. Naturally gluten free, teff is a wonderful way to mix up your menu with something a bit exotic.

Ingredients
whole grain teff

Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy

How do I use this? what would I use it in?
Is this a good product or just over priced?
Start your review of Bob's Red Mill® Whole Grain Teff!
Autumn L.
Dilltown, PA
Great gluten free product! my aunt uses it all the time for her gluten free diet.
Sierra W.
Portland, OR
Teff is one of my favorite gluten free grains and I'm so thankful Bob's Red Mill manufactures it now! I live near the Bob's Red Mill factory and I buy it in bulk at their flagship store.
CH A.
A great breakfast  with all of the nutritious bran and germ still intact. This high-protein flour is the tried, true and preferred choice of classic and traditional bread bakers for consistent, high rising, whole grain loaves. 😙😙😙😙😙😙