BY BOB'S RED MILL

Bob's Red Mill® TVP® Textured Vegetable Protein.
An employee-owned company.
To your good Health®.
High protein.
You can see our quality!
Textured Vegetable Protein is a highly nutritious soy product. It is incredibly wealthy in complete protein and contains no fat, so it is an excellent alternative to meat. It is also a good source of dietary fiber, iron, magnesium and phosphorus. Textured vegetable protein is made from defatted soy flour that has been cooked under pressure and then dried. It is very easy to prepare and takes on the flavor of whatever recipe to which it is added, making it an incredibly versatile addition to a wide variety of dishes.
TVP® is a registered trademark of Archer-Daniels-Midland Co.
Gluten free.
All natural. see more...

Buy on Jet.com
Michelle T.
Chandler, AZ
I've been interesting in trying to eat less meat and this is a great substitute. In my "meat" sauce for pasta, it has the exact same texture as ground beef. It also makes me black bean burgers have a meat like texture. This product is amazing! It doesn't have a strong flavor and takes on any spices you add to it.
Julia M.
Fort Smith, AR
It's never occurred to me to use the way you would use granola. If you reconstitute it with a little vegetable broth or stock and season it up, it works great as a hamburger substitute in vegan recipes. I like to make spaghetti with "meat sauce" and "meat" loaf. I make faux hamburgers, "meat" balls etc etc using this stuff and its way cheaper than buying the frozen crumbles from other brands. The only difference between this and say Morning Star Farms or Yves crumbles is the added step of seasoning and reconstituting. But it can be used in the same way and has wonderful end results. I don't know that it causes intestinal problems like someone below mentioned. Maybe thats only if you eat it without reconstituting it as its intended. The crumbles absorb water and double in size so I'm guessing if you eat it without reconstituting it first it would soak up a lot of moisture in your digestive system. I would recommend drinking extra fluid if you're going to eat it the way it was suggested below.
Elizabeth K.
Lebanon, TN
I put this TVP into many things when I am eating. Typically I will add it to yogurt or cereal. I believe this product will help you to lose inches along with a healthy diet. Don't start off using more than a tablespoon or you could have some issues in the bathroom :) I would suggest using this if you are looking to add some extra protein to your diet.
Jess K.
Minneapolis, MN
Super versatile and so easy to use! TVP is almost entirely protein, so it's a great addition to a plant-based diet or as a substitute for meat. I use this in vegetarian chili and add it to spaghetti sauce.
Ginger D.
Sellersburg, IN
We love Bob's Red Mill TVP! It's so easy to use and makes a great substitute for ground beef. I soak it in water and use it to make a hearty but healthy chili. It is so delicious and no one misses the meat.
maria d.
Good stuff! I don't make shakes just with this but rather throw in some fruits and ice cream. Blend. Delicious. Sometimes I bake with it too or make pancakes.
Sarah B.
Love bobs red mill products, especially this one because we get a lot of protein!