Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour uploaded by Amiirah N.

BY BOB'S RED MILL #9 in Flours & Meals

This Product, Also Known As Tapioca Starch, Is Ground To A Powdery Fine Granulation From The Dried Roots Of The Cassava Plant. It Is A Starchy And Slightly Sweet Flour That Is Especially Good For Thickening Soups, Sauces, Dips, Pie Fillings And Puddings. Also An Excellent Ingredient For Gluten-Free Baking, As It Lends A Springy Texture, Promotes Browning And Makes Crispy Crusts. All Natural. Made In Usa see more...

Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour
  • "I keep this on hand for my gluten free baking , I have made topping for chicken with this stuff mixed with almond meal " in 3 reviews
  • "Bob's makes great gluten free flours and tapioca is one of my favorites." in 1 review
Amber H.
Capodichino, Naples
SO EXPENSIVE!!!!! Find an Asian market and get your tapioca flour there instead. Bob's Red Mill usually costs 5 or more dollars. A bag of the same amount from my local Asian markets (I've lived a lot of places) usually cost 80 cents to a dollar. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY on brands that are trying to rip off people who don't know where to find the affordable brands
Paula B.
Saint Paul, MN

I use this tapioca flour to make a Brazilian recipe. I hydrate it, drain it and reserve it in the refrigerator. But it should last longer than it lasted. In four days, the tapioca turned a purplish color. I did not take the risk and throw away the product. I'm going to buy again, but I know I have to consume as soon as possible. I bought it at Lunds & Byerlys.
Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour is a wonderful high quality product.  It is a wonderful addition to gluten-free baking.  I use Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour to make numerous gluten-free goods such as muffins and cakes.  I highly recommend this product.
Melissa C.
Fargo, ND
I love to use this tapioca flour as part of a gluten-free flour mix that I use. One bag lasts me quite some time, as I only use 2/3 cup per 2 cups of mix. I have found that the above mix of flours works well as a substitution for flour in baked goods.
Courtney A.
Carrollton, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I always have this on hand for baking! It also works really great as a thickener in gravy and such in place of corn starch. I also use it as a gf alternative to coat chicken if I'm indulging in fried chicken or orange chicken. Yum!
Livia M.
Charlotte, NC
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I can't leave without this product!! Love love love!! I always have at least 3 bags at home, I love making cheese bread with it( it's a Brazilian snack) it taste great!!
Ruth C.
Los Angeles, CA
Bob's Red Mill is my go-to brand when it comes to baking,
they have pretty much everything you need whether you're cooking, baking, etc.
Good quality and good price for the product.
Just wish that they will come out with zipped bags.
Arielle D.
Katy, TX
This tapioca flour works out every time! I have trouble with gluten free recipes turning out but this flour works great. Very fine it texture. Works great to thicken sauces like gravy and t provide startch content in baked goods.
Erica M.
Hector, AR
I bought this on a whim but I will definitely be buying it again. One of the easiest gluten free flours I have worked with. It dissolves and absorbs flavor good without the slight grit I've grown accustomed to with gluten free. It's a little on the expensive side, especially where I live but worth the money.
Jillian S.
Astoria, NY
I use this instead of cornstarch when thickening my sauces. It doesn't need as much time to cook off like cornstarch which is great! Not a huge fan of the price, but I love Bob's products.
Lei G.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Is this a good replacement for corn starch?
Alicia G.
W Farmington, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Do you use this the same as you would regular flour?
Kara C.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Is this the best flour to bake with? I want to make bread but every recipe has a different blend suggestion
Lydia C.
Brownsville, TX
Has anybody used this flour to make wraps/tortillas ? I saw a recipe a while back, but lost it and can't seem to find out how to make them.