BY BOB'S RED MILL #8 in Alternative Grains

The Usda's Dietary Guidelines Call For Three 16-Gram Servings Of Whole Grain Foods Every Day. Eating Jus A Single Portion Of This Oatmeal Provides Nearly All Three Recommended Servings. 0 G Trans Fat All Natural 100% Whole Grain Also Known As Pinhead Oats Or Irish Oats Winner Of The Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championship &Nbsp; see more...

• Do You have to precook these I order to bake with them? I've eaten ...1 Answers
  • Are these mushy when fully cooked? Is it really better than traditi...6 Answers
Marci B.
Marci B.
Marshall, NC
Foodie Expert
If you like regular Oatmeal, you'll LOVE Bob's. It's the same as regular oatmeal except smaller pieces. I think it tastes even better than regular oatmeal. I use the Organic version of Bob's but there are times when my local grocer is out of them. When that happens I grab a bag of THIS till they get my oats in, l do enjoy this version. I like the fact that they stay away from GMO's. I think that whether you're buying regular or organic, both are free of GMO's, altho I am NOT 100% sure on that so you should prob assume it's not..Regardless, I am always pleased when I open a bag of Bob's!
Liza S.
Liza S.
Myrtle Beach, SC
These are the best steel cut oats. I make a big batch on Sunday and eat them for breakfast throughout the week. Chop up an apple, throw in some cinnamon and walnuts. BOOM! Healthy breakfast or snack. Yes, I eat Oats for a late night snack sometimes. They are tender, slightly chewy and delicious.
Catherine R.
Catherine R.
Foodie Expert
These are the best steel cut oats on the market. They have the most delicious, nutty favor. I love the texture of them as well. They cook up creamy but still firm. The only down side is you have to cook them on the stove top and baby sit them some. They are worth it though. I will make a big pot on Sunday night and split it up into containers for the week. They are a touch pricey but worth it. You truly get what you pay for these oats.
Megan K.
Megan K.
Nashville, TN
Foodie Expert
Steal cut oats are super delicious! If you like experimenting with textures I would highly suggest trying some they have a bit of a crunchier texture compared to normal rolled oats. They do take a while to cook. I suggest doing an over night oats recipe. Great with milk and fruit for breakfast!
Staci F.
Staci F.
Columbus, OH
Foodie Expert
I like Bob's Red Mills regular oats but this is the first steel cut oatmeal I have had. I didn't care for the taste or texture of steel cut oats, and thought the prep was too much work for a bowl of cereal. Since I haven't had any other brands of steel cut oats, I'm not sure how this compares.
Victoria G.
Victoria G.
I love this brand of oats. They cook up easy and are very fresh. I cook mine in the rice cooker. I recommend cooking several servings at once and then keeping in the fridge. These oats will last several days, cooked.
Dawn N.
Dawn N.
Indianapolis, IN
I love steel cut oats. they have more 'bite' to them, and i just add dried fruit or nuts and can eat them without a sweetener. If i do add anything, it would be brown sugar. But me and my 1 year old love it plain
Ericka S.
Ericka S.
Milwaukee, WI
I hated oatmeal, but I wanted to increase my breastmilk production and heard oats work, so I started eating them everyday. On a whim I picked up steel cut to give them a try, I was sure the 20 minutes of cooking wouldn't be worth the hassle. THESE ARE SO WORTH THE EFFORT! They taste WAY better then the disgusting mushy instant kind you put in the microwave. I start mine and go take a shower while they cook!
Melanie W.
Melanie W.
Love these oats goes great with my chia & flax seeds for my breakfast!!! I recommend these 100%, you have to try these, plus they keep you full almost all day!
Kristl P.
Kristl P.
I eat these twice a week for breakfast with maple syrup and a few toasted pecans. It cooks in seven minutes and then sits a couple more. What you have after a relatively fast cooking time is a chewy, delicious oatmeal that you can flavor as you wish. You are also controlling the amount of sugars.
Janine W.
Janine W.
Wake Forest, NC
Foodie Expert
Are these mushy when fully cooked? Is it really better than traditional oatmeal? Any yummy recipes/tips? Thanks!
Amber H.
Amber H.
Do You have to precook these I order to bake with them? I've eaten it like oatmeal but what about in cookies?