BY BOB'S RED MILL #12 in Alternative Grains

The Usda's Dietary Guidelines Call For Three 16-Gram Servings Of Whole Grain Foods Every Day. Eating Jus A Single Portion Of This Oatmeal Provides Nearly All Three Recommended Servings. 0 G Trans Fat All Natural 100% Whole Grain Also Known As Pinhead Oats Or Irish Oats Winner Of The Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championship &Nbsp; see more...

• Do You have to precook these I order to bake with them? I've eate...1 Answers
  • Are these mushy when fully cooked? Is it really better than tradi...6 Answers
Buy on Walmart
Catherine R.
These are the best steel cut oats on the market. They have the most delicious, nutty favor. I love the texture of them as well. They cook up creamy but still firm. The only down side is you have to cook them on the stove top and baby sit them some. They are worth it though. I will make a big pot on Sunday night and split it up into containers for the week. They are a touch pricey but worth it. You truly get what you pay for these oats.
Staci F.
Columbus, OH
I like Bob's Red Mills regular oats but this is the first steel cut oatmeal I have had. I didn't care for the taste or texture of steel cut oats, and thought the prep was too much work for a bowl of cereal. Since I haven't had any other brands of steel cut oats, I'm not sure how this compares.
Megan K.
Nashville , TN
Steal cut oats are super delicious! If you like experimenting with textures I would highly suggest trying some they have a bit of a crunchier texture compared to normal rolled oats. They do take a while to cook. I suggest doing an over night oats recipe. Great with milk and fruit for breakfast!
Marci B.
MARSHALL, NC
If you like regular Oatmeal, you'll LOVE Bob's. It's the same as regular oatmeal except smaller pieces. I think it tastes even better than regular oatmeal. I use the Organic version of Bob's but there are times when my local grocer is out of them. When that happens I grab a bag of THIS till they get my oats in, l do enjoy this version. I like the fact that they stay away from GMO's. I think that whether you're buying regular or organic, both are free of GMO's, altho I am NOT 100% sure on that so you should prob assume it's not..Regardless, I am always pleased when I open a bag of Bob's!
Ana R.
Seattle , WA
These are the best oats ive had. YES even better than Quaker Oats which i had been faithful to for like, ever. I love how these keep their form after I cook them, and they don't crumble. Also they are amazing for baking as well. I put them in chocolate chip cookies and they added the extra fiber to it (bonus healthy points!) and I found that they really helped hold the cookie together very good too. I love them. This whole line is just awesome, especially the gluten free factor.
Liza S.
Myrtle Beach, SC
These are the best steel cut oats. I make a big batch on Sunday and eat them for breakfast throughout the week. Chop up an apple, throw in some cinnamon and walnuts. BOOM! Healthy breakfast or snack. Yes, I eat Oats for a late night snack sometimes. They are tender, slightly chewy and delicious.
Kristl P.
I eat these twice a week for breakfast with maple syrup and a few toasted pecans. It cooks in seven minutes and then sits a couple more. What you have after a relatively fast cooking time is a chewy, delicious oatmeal that you can flavor as you wish. You are also controlling the amount of sugars.
Ericka S.
Milwaukee, WI
I hated oatmeal, but I wanted to increase my breastmilk production and heard oats work, so I started eating them everyday. On a whim I picked up steel cut to give them a try, I was sure the 20 minutes of cooking wouldn't be worth the hassle. THESE ARE SO WORTH THE EFFORT! They taste WAY better then the disgusting mushy instant kind you put in the microwave. I start mine and go take a shower while they cook!
Ashley R.
Amarillo, TX
I am HOOKED on these steel cut oats! They taste amazing & they're way better for you than regular oats in my opinion. I prepare them with a little brown sugar, honey & sometimes craisins. Keeps me full almost all morning! Bob's Red Mill is also the best brand of steel cut oats that I've found!
Charli M.
bonita
I honestly have never eaten these oats but I do buy them. My local Trader Joes sells a few different types and I buy them to grow something similar to wheat grass. You could eat the grass that grows but I usually make Easter basket grass or put in vintage planters to add life to our home.
Janine W.
Wake Forest, NC
Are these mushy when fully cooked? Is it really better than traditional oatmeal? Any yummy recipes/tips? Thanks!
Amber H.
Do You have to precook these I order to bake with them? I've eaten it like oatmeal but what about in cookies?