BY BOB'S RED MILL #10 in Alternative Grains

The Usda's Dietary Guidelines Call For Three 16-Gram Servings Of Whole Grain Foods Every Day. Eating Jus A Single Portion Of This Oatmeal Provides Nearly All Three Recommended Servings. 0 G Trans Fat All Natural 100% Whole Grain Also Known As Pinhead Oats Or Irish Oats Winner Of The Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championship &Nbsp; see more...

• Do You have to precook these I order to bake with them? I've eate...1 Answers
  • Are these mushy when fully cooked? Is it really better than tradi...6 Answers
Catherine R.
Foodie Expert
These are the best steel cut oats on the market. They have the most delicious, nutty favor. I love the texture of them as well. They cook up creamy but still firm. The only down side is you have to cook them on the stove top and baby sit them some. They are worth it though. I will make a big pot on Sunday night and split it up into containers for the week. They are a touch pricey but worth it. You truly get what you pay for these oats.
Megan K.
Nashville , TN
Foodie Expert
Steal cut oats are super delicious! If you like experimenting with textures I would highly suggest trying some they have a bit of a crunchier texture compared to normal rolled oats. They do take a while to cook. I suggest doing an over night oats recipe. Great with milk and fruit for breakfast!
Staci F.
Columbus, OH
Foodie Expert
I like Bob's Red Mills regular oats but this is the first steel cut oatmeal I have had. I didn't care for the taste or texture of steel cut oats, and thought the prep was too much work for a bowl of cereal. Since I haven't had any other brands of steel cut oats, I'm not sure how this compares.
Audree V.
El Paso, TX
I love the taste of the steel cut oats it adds a bit more flavor and texture than regular plain oats. I usually add brown sugar, milk, slivered almonds and cranberries to it, the perfect breakfast.
Ashley R.
Amarillo, TX
Foodie Expert
I am HOOKED on these steel cut oats! They taste amazing & they're way better for you than regular oats in my opinion. I prepare them with a little brown sugar, honey & sometimes craisins. Keeps me full almost all morning! Bob's Red Mill is also the best brand of steel cut oats that I've found!
Liliana H.
Pasadena, CA
Foodie Expert
I LOVE THIS steel cut oatmeal! It is quality oatmeal! You get exactly what you pay for with this product!
Toni M.
I love using this oat in the crock pot over night. The bob mill brand has been the best at not breaking down into goo. Great product!
Jennifer S.
Henrico, VA
Steel cut oats generally take a little longer to cook thank quick oats, rolled oats, etc. but they are absolutely delicious. Steel cut oats give you tons of nutritional value that others do not. I would definitely recommend.
Charli M.
bonita
I honestly have never eaten these oats but I do buy them. My local Trader Joes sells a few different types and I buy them to grow something similar to wheat grass. You could eat the grass that grows but I usually make Easter basket grass or put in vintage planters to add life to our home.
You wouldn't think that there would be a difference between this and "normal" oats. After all, oats are oats. Right? Wrong. For whatever reason, these oats taste eartheir and more robust. On top of the flavor, Bob's grains are just great across the board.
Janine W.
Wake Forest, NC
Foodie Expert
Are these mushy when fully cooked? Is it really better than traditional oatmeal? Any yummy recipes/tips? Thanks!
Amber H.
Do You have to precook these I order to bake with them? I've eaten it like oatmeal but what about in cookies?