Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal uploaded by Dana P.
2 colors available

BY BOB'S RED MILL #70 in Vitamins & Supplements

Bob's Red Mill® Organic Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal.
To your good health - Bob Moore.
Provides Fiber, Lignans & Omega-3 Fats.
Friend of the heart.
USDA organic.
You can see our quality!
Dear customers: Be aware that Bob's Red Mill® Organic Flaxseed Meal has a robust, nutty flavor and tastes really great! Two tablespoons added to your cold or hot cereal, pancakes and waffles or baked into your breads, muffins and quick breads brings you the amazing nutritional benefits of Omega-3, Lignans and dietary Fiber.
Gluten Free.
Bob's Red Mill products labeled gluten free are batch tested in our quality control laboratory. We use an ELISA gluten assay test to determine if a product is gluten free.
All natural. see more...

Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal
  • "You can also use it as a partial egg substitute in gluten free cooking to reduce the eggy taste and add some extra nutrition into a rather limited recipe." in 2 reviews
  • "We've been using it for years in smoothies, on top of yogurt and even dashed in baked goods for an extra fiber boost." in 1 review
Georgiana M.
Georgiana M.
Packaging failure :( Happy to find they do sell ground flaxseed, but to keep the nutrients it requires me transferred to a dark, sealed container.

I have to say, I enjoy Bob's Red Mill products because they work great in recipes, but the packaging will always fail. You can't re-seal any of their products, and using tape or a clip only makes the product expire sooner. In order to avoid your Bob's Red Mill products from expiring before you finish using it you have to transfer it to a different container. This is not convenient, but honestly, for some its not even plausible due to lack of containers and space to store dry foods -- an apartment kitchen crisis.
Alyson M.
Alyson M.
Catonsville, MD
Ok, so at the end of the day flaxseed meal is the same no matter what brand you buy, but I will say, I really like Bob's Red Mill brand. It's a name that I know and trust from using other products from the brand. Plus it's affordable and readily available. There's nothing more frustrating that finding a product you really like and being unable to find it in stores. I can get Bob's at just about any grocery store which is convenient. Plus 1 bag will last me a few months so it's worth it.
Jeffrey B.
Jeffrey B.
Kittanning, PA
Since finding out I have celiac disease no gluten for me, I have been extremely happy with Bob Mills products. I use flaxseed in many of my dishes for extra protein and it gives everything a nutty flavor and if you love nut flavor the way I do you really should give this product a try. it improves the taste of everything, you can't go wrong with Bob Mills products for a healthy product.
Nikita T.
Nikita T.
Foodie Expert
I'm constantly seeking new ways to eat healthier, so I was definitely excited to try this! It's a great way to increase my fiber intake. I add some when I make pancakes or smoothies. Even though I don't care for the grainy feel when slurping my smoothie, I'm still willing to use this. I think maybe if I grind it more before adding the other ingredients, it should blend smoother.
Amy T.
Amy T.
To get the health benefits you want from flax, it needs to be ground, so I reach for this. The flavor of flax is a little heavy, so I usually use it in baking to replace part of a recipe's called-for flour. I don't use much at a time so one bag last me a long time.
Chrysten T.
Chrysten T.
Saint Paul, MN
Foodie Expert
Bought this from my local grocery store and I use it for baking my lactation cookies and pancakes. The price is decent but I wouldn't buy it all the time. The best place to purchase this is either Whole Foods, Target and Cub Foods.
Faith B.
Faith B.
Foodie Expert
I purchased this from Walmart for some healthy recipe I found on Pinterest. I found myself really enjoying this, and actually began substituting it for other ingredients in different recipes. Overall, I am satisfied.
Alexia D.
Alexia D.
Los Angeles , CA
Foodie Expert
I love this stuff. I put it on top of everything: oatmeal, pancakes, yoghurt. Make sure to keep it in the fridge after you open it! Great for when you run out of eggs and you happen to be baking something!
Dana P.
Dana P.
I put this on almost all my meals. It has a slight nighty flavor and is chock full of nutrients, like iron and calcium but most importantly omegas, which are crucial to maintaining over health and beauty.
Maria T.
Maria T.
East Boston, MA
Foodie Expert
Since I can't eat Gluten- I put this oatmeal cookie, smoothies and little GF treats- it has a nutty flavor. Try it if you suffer from celiac or are Gluten sensitive !!
Katie w.
Katie w.
Tucson, AZ
Foodie Expert
What do you use this for?
Daycia L.
Daycia L.
Groton, Ct
Does anyone have recipes that they would mind sending me with this in it?