BY BOB'S RED MILL #7 in Oatmeal & Hot Cereal

Our award-winning oats Organic Steel Cut Oats are freshly milled from high protein organic oats and cut into neat little pieces on a steel burr mill. Our steel cut oats took home the winning trophy at the 2009 Golden Spurtle World Porridge Making Championship in Carrbridge, earning them the title of World's Best Oatmeal®.

Also known as Irish oats or pinhead oats, steel cut oats create a chewy, full-bodied hot cereal. While steel cut oats have a longer cooking time compared to rolled oats, they’re well worth the effort! Cooking steel cut oats in the slow cooker overnight means you’ll wake up to a delicious whole grain breakfast, no stirring required! We do not recommend cooking steel cut oats in the microwave, unless it’s the quick cooking variety.

Steel Cut Oats have always been a favorite at Bob's Red Mill, but we proved it to the whole world when we won the title of World’s Best Oatmeal® in 2009 when we won the Golden Spurtle World Porridge Championship in Carrbridge, Scotland. We went on to win it again in 2016, reaffirming the superior quality and flavor of our whole grain steel cut oatmeal.

Oatmeal is a good source of fiber, complex carbohydrates and protein. It’s believed to offer multiple health benefits, including stabilizing blood sugar. They’re also incredibly versatile. Organic steel cut oats can be used to make risotto, pilaf, dumplings, arancini and more!

• Is anybody use the steel cut oats I currently use a Irish...5 Answers
  • What is the difference between steel cut and rolled oats?6 Answers
  • I can't stand regular oatmeal but love steel cut oats. I ...2 Answers
Bob's Red Mill Organic Steel Cut Oats
  • "I've grown to trust the brand, as they steer clear of GMO's and sneaky ingredients and all of their products seem to be of very high quality." in 6 reviews
  • "It does take awhile to cook, I have a small crock pot and I'll put in a batch before I go to bed so it is ready for me when I wake up. " in 5 reviews
Nicole T.
Stafford , VA
By far one of my favorite brands of Steel Cut Oats.  It’s so easy to cook, use in over night oats, and in baking.  I know that I’m getting fiber and protein.  I love using it in overnight oats.  I add berries and usually some almond milk.  I buy all the time.
Kelly E.
Lexington, SC
I trust this brand. Bob's Red Mill has never let me down. I love the organic steel cut oats and will prepare a batch Sunday evening and warm it up every morning and mix in different ingredients to change up the flavor. They cook well, stay thick and taste delicious.
Esther G.
Brooklyn
Purchased at: Target
I eat this every morning after my workout and it is quick to cook in a rush and undoubtedly satisfying.
I love this quick steel cut oatmeal! True to its claim it cooks between 7 - 8 minutes. Good amount of calories to stay with your 2,000 call window and I recommend to add berries, protien, cinnamon, and granola.
Eugenia L.
TUCSON, AZ
I can't get enough of these in the morning! I buy them at SPROUT's. They may take a bit longer to cook, but well worth the wait. Good value, because you are getting "unprocessed" oats that are still good for you! Great in baking too! Love them! Recommend both varieties!
Maddy F.
Junction City, KS
I love to make oatmeal with these oats in my Electric Pressure Cooker Crock-Pot, Black it is great to have for breakfast. These are a little pricey but worth it.
Delaney D.
I'm a huge fan of these Bob's Red Mill Organic Steel Cut Oats! While their price is a bit much, the investment is usually worth it as I can trust exactly what's going into my body. These are high in protein, taste delicious (especially for breakfast), and can be incorporated into many recipes!
Tiffany H.
Our family loves steel cut oats! We make them for breakfast in the crockpot the night before! Sprinkle cinnamon, a sweetener (honey, brown sugar, or agave), diced apples, add the oats, and top with water! Leave on low overnight and your kitchen smells so good in the morning and breakfast is ready to go!
Patricia R.
I love to eat oats and they are very filling and in moderation will not change the number on the scale. But as far as these oats are concerned, they are just way too expensive. Good you ask? Yes, but I would rather have Quaker oats which comes in the quick cook or steel as well. Call me frugal if you must but I will never pay more for a product when you can get the same thing, only more reaonable.
Jocelyn P.
Fort Worth, TX
Oh my this stuff is so good! This is the first brand I tried for steel cut oats and I love it! I buy it at walmart for a pretty good price and since when it cooks it expands a lot it renders quite a bit! I don't use the quick cook method I strongly prefer to slow cook it. Love this!
Serena W.
Delaware City, DE
I love these Steel Cut Oats. One thing I have learned is to soak them over night and that makes them easier to cook. The texture comes out just right. I add cinnamon, nutmeg, molasses and coconut oil and coconut milk. It's so delicious and helps keep me calm.
Darlene B.
Rome, NY
Ashley R.
Clatskanie, OR
Eco-warrior Expert Level 2
OK so I've heard the flour is really good? what can you tell about the oats from this brand? anyone try this?
Tanita C.
Springfield, MA
Eco-warrior Expert Level 2
I have never tried these. but they look like they are good. are they?

Walmart