Bob's Red Mill Organic Scottish Oatmeal uploaded by Brianna H.

BY BOB'S RED MILL

Our Organic Scottish Oatmeal is created using the same old-world methods used in ancient Scotland. With Scottish oats, the oat groats are stone ground, rather than rolled, resulting in a smooth, creamy bowl of oatmeal that’s unique among breakfast cereals.

When Bob visited Scotland years ago, he learned the art of milling authentic Scottish porridge at the historic, water-powered Preston Mill. Today, our Organic Scottish Oatmeal is produced using the same methods, resulting in irresistible Scottish porridge oats that contain all the nutritional benefits and soluble fiber of whole grain oats. The result is a surprisingly unique and flavorful hot cereal.

Oats are packed full of dietary fiber and protein and naturally low in fat and sugar, making it an ideal whole grain breakfast. Make them sweet or savory, or use them to make overnight oatmeal.

Need a great oatmeal recipe? You’ll find 20 fun and unique ways to top your oatmeal at bobsredmill.com/oatmeal.

• Sometimes Oatmeal isn't for everyone.. what do you think...5 Answers
Bob's Red Mill Organic Scottish Oatmeal
  • "Love these Oats, they have the health benefits of oats with cream of wheat texture." in 2 reviews
  • "This oatmeal is delicious especially with some fresh fruit and honey on top." in 1 review
  • "This is much better than regular oatmeal!" in 1 review
  • "Try mixing in some peanut butter and banana." in 1 review
  • "This oatmeal is creamy and tastes wholesome and seems to have a lower glycemic level and since I began eating it about 5 years ago I have not had one episode of low blood sugar which seemed to happen to me every time I ate any other oatmeal." in 1 review
Dominique S.
Bob's Red Mill products are a staple in my pantry due to food allergies. They're ALWAYS of the highest quality and easy to find. Scottish oats (steel cut) don't get 5 stars from me strictly on my previous experience with them. I find them to be very starch-like and dense. I adore regular oatmeal but just haven't acquired the taste for these. I will try them again though.
Mae A.
I remember when I discovered steel cut oats, so much more satisfying than rolled oats. You can make them in a slow cooker overnight if you're not up for stirring in the sleepy morning. They come out creamy and filling. I add dried fruit, coconut oil or greek yogurt and cacao nibs to mine. So good. Sometimes you can save money by finding these in the bulk section. :)
Sandra S.
Smithville, TX
I love this oatmeal, it is hearty and keeps me feeling energized. I have occasional bouts with low blood sugar and most oatmeals common at grocery stores often would cause blood sugar crashes. This oatmeal is creamy and tastes wholesome and seems to have a lower glycemic level and since I began eating it about 5 years ago I have not had one episode of low blood sugar which seemed to happen to me every time I ate any other oatmeal. My favorite way to eat is to add 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries at start of cooking and 2 tablespoons of Honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Turns a beautiful purple color and tastes like fresh blueberry pie:)
Anna D.
Fresno, CA
I like to switch up between the scottish oatmeal and the steel cut. These cook faster, so I have been using them more often. I cook up the 4 servings and put the rest in small reusable containers with lids, and just heat them up the next 3 mornings. When I reheat, I just put on some frozen blueberries and heat it together. Then I add a touch of maple syrup. Filling and hearty breakfast.
Anna H.
Bolingbrook, IL
During the week I usually eat just regular oats because they are quicker to cook. But on the weekend here comes the Scottish oatmeal from Bob's Red Mill. This oatmeal tastes very rich and decadent. It's much healthier too. I love to treat my family to visit on weekends . I wish I had more time during the week to cook it. it's really worth it.
Ashley F.
These oats are so creamy and natural they taste like you are having something bad for you but they are so healthy and have so many benefits that come along with them. You can find them almost any where that Bobs Mill products are sold.
Lindsey A.
Tewksbury, MA
I love Red Mill products because I can feel good about eating them. This oatmeal is delicious especially with some fresh fruit and honey on top. When I was a vegetarian it was practically all I ate.
Amanda F.
This is my favorite oatmeal! I love Bob's Red Mill, pretty much their whole line of products. This Scottish oatmeal is more filling and smoothr than other organic oatmeal
Janine A.
Los Angeles, CA
I haven't had this for a while but I really want to get this again.. its very healthy for your heart and it fills you right up and is very very yummy! And I love it coz my ancestors come from scotland and i love all things scottish. A big plus is that it is organic!
Alexys C.
Ashley, OH
Janine A.
Los Angeles, CA
Sometimes Oatmeal isn't for everyone.. what do you think of the taste of this brand?