Bob's Red Mill Organic Polenta Corn Grits uploaded by Marlene G.

BY BOB'S RED MILL

Descriptions:

Bob's Red Mill Organic Polenta Corn Grits are made using only the finest golden corn for a rich flavor that is sure to please your palate, any meal of the day. Native Americans offered the first settlers in the US bowls of Rockahominie, a dish consisting of ground up corn grain cooked into a creamy mixture. It is believed this corn mixture kept many of the settlers alive during those cold winters. Today, corn grits hold a prominent place in soul food and southern dishes. They are also used as a side or a pairing with dishes containing very heavily spiced ingredients. Grits may be eaten covered in gravy, cheese or butter and salt; or served with seafood, meats or vegetables. Grits also make a delightful breakfast when served as a hot cereal topped with milk and honey or brown sugar. Grits are a great way to help meet your body's daily energy needs. The fiber content in grits helps you feel full for longer periods of time and promotes regular digestive functioning. Polenta is a dish that has been popular in Italian and other European cuisine, and is now gaining fans in America as well. It is made from coarse ground corn (grits), boiled in water to create a porridge. This can be topped and served immediately for a warm corn side dish. Alternatively, you can spread the porridge in a pan and refrigerate it until it sets. Then the polenta can be cut into squares and baked, grilled or fried. Similar to pasta, cooked polenta is delicious topped with marinara sauce, shredded cheese, or grilled or roasted vegetables. Many gourmet Italian and Mediterranean restaurants feature our polenta. The recipes on our packages are simple and delicious.

Buy on iHerb
Vanessa L.
Asheville, NC
I love this brand for healthy dry ingredients. This polenta is great with butter, salt, and pepper or you can make it more interesting with peepers, onions, mushrooms and gravy! 👌🏻
Melissa T.
Atmore, AL
I've lived in the deep south now for four years. I had to learn to like grits. I wasn't a fan at all until I found these!! The polenta factor changes everything for me! Better texture, better flavor! It still gets creamy but not so mushy like traditional grits here. Everyone seems to like them when I make them!
Jenn R.
PFLUGERVILLE, TX
Great used as just grits! Cook them up, add some sugar and butter, and you've got a great Southern breakfast side! These can be purchased at most grocery stores and definitely at places like Sprouts or Whole Foods.
Angela P.
Norwood , MA
This stuff is great! Easy to prepare, great tasting, and all natural. I love serving this polenta as a bed for roasted veggies, but it goes great with anything, especially if you prepare with milk and cheese!
Jenna M.
Charlotte, NC
My favorite brand of Polenta. Easy to cook and have a great flavor. I enjoy making polenta as an alternative to pasta night, mixing ground turkey or meatballs over polenta, with a nice red sauce and italian seasoning. Polenta is a great base for a weeknight meal!
Julie H.
Boston, MA
I love these grits. They cook well and the corn kind gives a nice rustic look to dinner. Easy to use as a side. Even without tons of butter these are still super creamy and yummy!
C R.
Oyster bay, NY
These grits are incredible I love to cook them with tofu and vegan cheese to give myself a southern treat. Very easy to make and it absorbs so much flavor!
Hailey S.
Traverse City, MI
My family loves this stuff! we add garlic and dill and chill, then fry in strips. I've never been disappointed with any Bob's Red Mill products!
Connie C.
I absolutely love this product. I love making this with shrimp. Actually anything. It's so tasty, and I love the texture.
Teisha S.
Brooklyn , NY
I love polenta. This polenta cooks very easily and has a nice creamy texture. Great as a side to accompany dinner.
Thayra F.
patty w.
I have the flack seed one how different are they?