BY BOB'S RED MILL

• To Your Good Health, Bob Moore
  • Gluten Free
  • Natural Raw Whole
  • Fiber, Lignans & Omega-3 Fats
  • You Can See Our Quality!
  • USDA Organic
  • Kosher Pareve
  • Certified 100% Organic by QAI

Millers of Natural Foods!

What's inside each flaxseed and found in flaxseed meal could be better health, spelled F-L-A-X.

F is for Fiber. It's amazing how much fiber a little flaxseed contains. Just two tablespoons of flaxseed meal delivers 4 grams of fiber, as much fiber as 1 1/2 cups of cooked oatmeal! Studies suggest that when flaxseed meal is added to the diet, harmful LDL cholesterol drops, while good HDL cholesterol stays put. Regularity improves, also.

L is for Lignans. Here's where the flaxseed story gets major points. Flaxseed contains high levels of natural antioxidants called lignans. Many plant foods have some lignans, but flaxseed has at least 7 times more than any other. To get the lignans that are in just two tablespoons of flaxseed meal, you'd need to eat about 30 cups of fresh broccoli.

A is for Alpha-linolenic Acid. Modern diets — even healthy ones — are routinely deficient in omega-3s. Flaxseed is a mega-source for the plant version of omega-3 called alpha-linolenic acid. The oil in flaxseed is about 50% alpha-linolenic acid. Canola and walnut oils, the next highest sources, have about 10%. But most foods have far less. One serving of flaxseed meal contains 1800 milligrams of omega-3.

X is for Excellent choice. Should you consider adding flaxseed meal to your diet? "Absolutely," say many doctors and nutritionists.

• Dear Curly girls this is life here 👌🏿1 Answers
  • What is a benefit for Flax Seeds? 13 Answers
  • Do you eat your flaxseeds plain or add it with your food?...30 Answers
Morgan S.
This stuff is gold. I love to bake with it because it's smooth, non-gritty, and has almost no taste. When I make my PB/oat/honey bars I only buy this brand. It's the best. I highly recommend it and urge you to make some of those protein bars! Many recipes on Pinterest
Katie B.
Jacksonville, NC
I absolutely love his bran I love the taste I love these flaxseeds I love to make homemade meatballs for my spaghetti a lot and I do put these into my meat makes the flavor taste wonderful my husband loves them you need these on your list
Megan D.
South Holland, IL
Bob's Red Mill Organic brand provides a quality line of products which include flaxseed. I have been using golden flax in my homemade granola for years. It adds crunch and flavor to my nutritious granola, and adds the same benefits to whatever you add it to. It is great on yogurt, in recipes for muffins, breads, etc. and is great by itself. Bob's can be pricey but you must remember you are buying organic and that comes at a price.
Alex R.
Hockessin, DE
I put flax seeds in my smoothies before I blend and I honestly like the earthy taste it gives my smoothies. That mixed with fruity flavors makes me feel very healthy.

Flax seeds are great for speeding up your system, so if you are trying to lose weight or are trying to be healthier overall... (Not trying to give tmi: but these will help give you that metabolism you've always dreamed of)
Mackenzie H.
Flaxseed is such a great and healthy addition to lots of foods, and it's easy to add a little without noticing. Good to add to smoothies, toast, or with stir-fry like you'd use sesame seeds. It's best if you grind them like in smoothies, but you do get some of the benefits by adding them to food and chewing them up. Bob's Red Mill is a great brand of organic and healthy products!
ShoShauna H.
Harrison, MI
This is a great boost for your smoothie! I love making fast and easy breakfast smoothies with this product. My favorite recipe is 1 banana, a handful of fresh Kale, 4 medium frozen strawberries, a tablespoon of all-natural honey, and a tablespoon of ground Flaxseed. This is also perfect to add to your trail mix because it has a nutty flavor that actually doesn't taste bad at all.
Casanail J.
Lewis Center, OH
I love flaxseed so much I always go to sprouts to buy my flaxseed but this time I went to Walmart and I am so happy that I did. Bob's Red mill flaxseed are awesome they have a lot of healthy benefits I use it in every thing I love it in my morning protein smoothie. You can't go wrong with this product it's organic omega-3 and it's also gluten free.
Jennifer G.
Seattle, WA
It does the job! I add it in my smoothies or when I need extra fiber. I'm not a huge fan of the taste of flax itself but I steal eat it because it's good for me, you can find other brands that may not be as expensive but still this is a great brand!
Evelyn C.
Taylorsville, UT
I love this stuff! I always feel good about choosing organic, and this brand seems to go on sale fairly often, so I'm able to get it for a decent price. It lasts me a long time, too. I use it in smoothies, in my meatloaf/burgers/meatballs, in soups, and anywhere else I can sneak it. What an easy way to boost the nutrition of my meals!
Lauren P.
MENIFEE, CA
Bob's Red Mill is my go-to for healthy and gluten free flours, mixes and even flax seeds. These are great to throw in your oatmeal in the morning or smoothie for some extra fiber and Omega 3's. I happen to prefer the ground variety by the same brand, which is why I only gave this 3 stars isntead of 5.
Marie T.
Do you eat your flaxseeds plain or add it with your food? What kind of food?
Lauren P.
MENIFEE, CA
How does every one use these? I was told ground was better, so that's what I buy. Is there an advantage or another use for the whole?
Maricarmen M.
What is a benefit for Flax Seeds?
Cristina S.
Pittsburgh , Pa
Where do you find this brand?
Brittany L.
How do you prepare these? Do you mix them into something?

back