BY BOB'S RED MILL

Descriptions:

Organic Farro, Triticum spelta, is high in fiber and a good source of iron and protein. Farro is easy to digest, allowing your body to readily absorb the nutrients. Farro is very lightly scratched, as is traditional, to allow for a faster cooking time and to encourage the release of its starches during cooking, but it maintains its wholesome nutrients. Farro is an ancient relative of modern-day wheat. It was a mainstay of the daily diet in ancient Rome, and is still popular in Italy today. Farro is hearty and chewy, with a rich, nutty flavor. Use in stews, casseroles, salads and pilafs.

Natalie F.
Alhambra, CA
My favorite alternative grain as of late! However, Bob's Red Mill is a bit pricey, and I find that it doesn't offer much in quality difference for a cheaper brand.
Liz A.
If you don't want to eat the high carbs in rice, Farro is what you would enjoy! It is not gluten free, but I haven't had a reaction to it. I can't have gluten. I made this like I would make Spanish rice and it comes out delicious and the texture is what makes it more interesting. I highly recommend this grain to eat, it's also high in fiber. At Kroger I but it for $5.99, and the bag is at least about 10 servings (depending how much you want to eat). It's worth the price.
Melissa S.
I was super excited to try something new that was high in protein and fibre. It kind of disappointed me because my stomach was really upset after and I know it was definitely the farro since I had tried the exact same stir fry before but with rice.
Melissa A.
TORONTO, ON
Farro is such a versatile grain to work with. You can make anything from breakfast, sides, salads and main dishes. This is The only brand that i have ever used, but I have nothing bad to say about it. The grains cook well, have the right bite and nutty flavour.

back