Descriptions:

Bob's Red Mill Organic Dark Rye Flour is ideal for those who want to add a unique flavor to their baked goods. This premium dark rye flour is stone ground, all-natural and the germ, the oil and the fiber offer a variety of health benefits, including heart health. With Bob's Red Mill Organic Dark Rye Flour, you and your family can enjoy freshly made whole grain rye bread at home. USDA certified organic, this stone ground flour also satisfies kosher dietary requirements. This flour comes in a pack

What do you personally use this for in your home? Any health benefits? Pros and cons?
Has anyone tried this in a bread machine??
What have you guys used this for?
Start your review of Bob's Red Mill Organic Dark Rye Flour!
Round Lake, IL
Just used tonight making pizza dough. Substituted 1/2 cup in with my "00" flour, plus 2 tbsp ProBiotein, and it made a lovely crust. Crunchy outside, soft inside, rich and complex flavor. Slightly sour dough, but with a touch of sweetness. It set off our heirloom tomato pizza perfectly.
Middletown, CT
I use this in any recipe that calls for rye flour, but I'm not find of it. I used to live in a Nordic country, and cooked with rye flour all the time. I don't think this tastes anything like the flour I got used to. But it's ok, and it is one of the only rye flour brands in the US that is easy to find.
Framingham, MA
I love Bob's red mill brand for having such a wide variety of ingredients that you cannot really find with most mass distributors. The rye flavor had awesome savory flavor and I have purchased this a couple of times to make savory breads and pies.
I love the Bob's Red Mill brand. Their organic products are wonderful, fantastic quality. This dark rye flour is just perfect for making bread and pizza dough. I have tried other organic flours from my natural grocery store but this brand is just my favorite. The flavor of the baked goods is always better.
Eco-warrior Expert Level 2
This is a great brand for gluten-free products. However, they can be on the expensive side and to make something you have to combine several ingredients/packages. I prefer the gluten free products that already have the starches and zanthum gum added.
I bake. A LOT . Primarily so I can control what's in the things my family eats, I try to make things as whole food/organic/healthy as possible. Plus I enjoy cooking & baking :) That said, this rye flour is the best one I've used. My sourdough rye bread bakes up perfectly with the best texture!
Indianapolis, IN
This is my favorite company for all things organic regarding cooking supplies. Using this as an ingredient in anything assures me that I am not putting "crap" into mine and my husband's body. Decently priced for organic food and very tasty.
Lake Orion, MI
We always have a bag of Bob's Red Mill Rye Flour in our pantry! We make several loaves of bread a week & this one has the best rye taste & texture. Bob's Red Mill products are widely available & rather inexpensive for the high quality.
Grand Rapids, MI
I love the Red Mill brand and all of their products. It's easy to tell that the quality of the product is much better than the other brands available at our local grocery store. The oats have a great taste and consistency when used in recipes or just with a splash of milk.
Rainier, WA
I love this company. I actually score a great price on their products at our local Winco in their Bulk section. I use it for breads, and rolls for our big family both in oven recipes and in my bread machine. Makes amazing rye bread!