Bob's Red Mill Hazelnut Meal / Flour

by Bob's Red Mill

Hazelnut Flour is made from whole raw hazelnuts. It's a Paleo-friendly, grain free nut flour that creates delectable baked goods. Stir this gluten free nut meal into your hot cereals, use it to bread chicken or fish, or add it to your favorite smoothie.

Bob’s Red Mill Hazelnut Meal is ground from whole hazelnuts. It pairs deliciously with chocolate—think of that famous chocolate hazelnut spread—or this flour can be folded into beaten egg whites to create hazel nut macaroons. It’s an essential ingredient in recipes like hazelnut flour olive oil cake or hazelnut cookies!

Replace 30% of the wheat flour with hazelnut flour to add wonderful texture and rich, buttery flavor to your baking, while reducing the total carbohydrates. This makes it ideal for those following a low carbohydrate or paleo diet. Hazelnut flour is outstanding in pastries, pie crusts, cakes, cookies, pancakes and quick breads, but this flour can also be used in savory applications. Use this nut flour in place of bread crumbs in meatballs, or as a coating for chicken and fish. Combine with almond flour for a deliciously complex nut flavor.

As with hazelnut butter, you’ll want to store hazelnut flour in the refrigerator or freezer to preserve freshness.

How does this product compare to Almond Flour?
Start your review of Bob's Red Mill Hazelnut Meal / Flour!
Sonya C.
Plainsboro, NJ
My go to flour for baking treats. Bob's red mill has a lot of gluten free alternatives, which I love, since I cannot have gluten. Prices aren't ridiculous and the quality is good.
Karla T.
Tucson, AZ
Not a big fan, I thought the honey 🍯 flavor would be strong but it wasn't the case!
Candie D.
Abilene, TX
I used Bob's Red Mill Finely Ground Hazelnut Flour to make macaroons for the first time ever, and they actually turned out great!! It's always easy to find at United Super Market making it super easy to pick up and add to any dish for that extra flavor. I want to try all the flavors they have!!
Ashley S.
Hillsborough
I used this to make chocolate hazelnut macarons, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was! Repeat user and now a huge fan of this line. Yes they are expensive but you get what you pay for. Try the macarons, either almond or hazelnut, you'll be hooked!
Alyssa E.
San diego, CA
While I don’t have another hazelnut flour to compare this with, I adore the fun texture and nutty taste this adds to my baking. Great alternative to bleached and processed all-purpose flour. I’ve been through a few bags now for everything from banana bread to cupcakes to fried zucchini, definitely recommend.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...