BY BOB'S RED MILL #5 in Flours & Meals

Descriptions:

Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour is a blend of garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, whole grain white sorghum flour, tapioca flour and fava bean flour. It’s just the thing for those sensitive to gluten. Our Gluten Free All-Purpose Baking Flour can replace wheat flour in a variety of recipes with the addition of xanthan gum or guar gum.

Stacy D.
I started using this about 6 months ago and have only used for entrees and various types of breading.  I've been very happy happy with the results!  I've done a lot of egg wash with a flour coating and this has performed just as well as regular flour.  Taste and texture wise it's been great.  I've used this is a straight flour replacement, and haven't had to adjust the amount used.  With the season turning colder I plan to try some baking, and based on the good reviews I have high hopes that I can actually eat cookies again!
Jennifer M.
Odessa, FL
I don't really see the difference between this and generic flour. Granted it does have a different a little bit of a different taste for my cookies taste the same I all my other baked goods take the same if I use a if I use this one or the name or generic
Jennifer K.
Antelope, CA
Love this blend. It is so easy to duplicate gluten recipes into gluten free recipes with this blend! I love baking and cooking and have gluten free alternatives is so nice! Only downfall is that it is gluten free and certain things don’t work well because of texture and taste! But overall this is a great find for having to be gluten free!
Ashley C.
Blacksburg, VA
I bake goodies all the time with this gluten free flour and it’s so good! Leaves a bit more of a sweet flavor while baking, but it gives my sweet breads, cakes and cookies another tasty level! Easily found and affordable at Kroger!
Windi B.
Lafayette
This is my favorite all-purpose GF baking flour. I use it for everything. I just wish more stores carried it! It makes anything from pancakes to pizza! Just make sure you have your extras (yeast, extracts, etc) on hand. Cakes, brownies, biscuits, this will do it all! Hands down, nothing beats this for the price!
Ashley L.
Milwaukie, OR
I started out by using this flour before there was a large selection of gluten free products on the market. You can definitely taste the garbanzo beans and the texture was off. With such a large selection of gf flours, I would not recommend this product, unless you plan on baking a flatbread or maybe cornbread and don’t mind the bean taste.

Try the cup for cup by Bob’s Red Mill instead!
Sophia E.
Tonawanda, NY
Ever since discovering my gluten allergy, I have always used this line of gluten free baking products. Although it is tricky to bake gluten free, this flour makes it easy. I buy this at wegmans and target and recommend the line to all of my friends who are into baking. I also use various other products in this line. I love Bob!
Julie S.
I wasn't very impressed with this baking flour, and to be honest, after my first fiasco using this I'm not sure i would buy again to try baking another dish. We read the directions and it said that this would be used as a 1 to 1 substitute for flour. I am a cookie decorator and had someone request gluten free cookies so I decided to try this flour as a direct substitute (none of the other ingredients needed to be substituted). The cookies came out very hard, tough, and chewy. They had a great taste, but the texture was like chewing tough cardboard. It was just too hard to get past and it made the cookies completely inedible.
Marcela O.
Very good baking flour! It tastes just slightly different than regular processed flour but for me personally, I think Bobs tastes much better. I mainly use this flour for baking breads and have used for making pancakes and honestly, my kids can't taste a difference and love what I make with it! The best part is, I don't feel bloated when consuming the finished baked good as opposed to when I use generic flour or store bought pre-made baking mixes. I only use Bobs Red Mill for all baking needs now.
Emily M.
Hamilton, OH
This was the very first gluten free flour (blend) that I purchased when I had to take my daughter off gluten. I made the mistake of buying four 44 oz bags from Amazon. This flour blend has a lot of bean flour in it, which makes it a bit bitter. I should have returned it, but I didn't. So I use a little bit each time I make a flour blend (I use brown rice flour, white rice flour, sweet rice flour, tapioca starch, corn starch, and sometimes some other flours). I'll add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Bob's all purpose gf flour to a big batch so we can use it up but not taste it. I do not recommend using it, unless you're already used to the flavor of bean flour.
Jane H.
I'm wanting a gluten free flour that produces light and fluffy biscuits. Would you recommend this product?
Jovita M.
Švenčionėliai
Is this better that regular flour?
Keera S.
When you bake with this does it have sort of a chalky flavour? Also does it it fall apart easily if you use it as a replacement in a cake recipe?
Alaiah A.
Cartersville, GA
Does this flour change the taste or texture of baked goods?
Katerina H.
McKeesport, PA
I try really had to find products that are gluten free but taste similar to regular products. How does this flour compare to regular white flour?