Bob's Red Mill A Grain From Antiquity Spelt Flour uploaded by Melinda B.Bob's Red Mill A Grain From Antiquity Spelt Flour uploaded by Melinda B.

BY BOB'S RED MILL

Descriptions:

Savor the whole grain goodness of spelt, an ancient relative of durum wheat that originated in the Near East over 8,000 years ago. This heirloom grain later spread throughout Europe, becoming especially popular in Germany, where it was farmed throughout the Middle Ages. Our whole grain Spelt Flour is freshly milled on cool and slow turning, century-old stone-buhr millstones. Spelt has a unique nutty flavor and, because of its high water solubility, its vital nutrients are quickly absorbed into the body.

Spelt has never been hybridized, so it has retained many of its original characteristics from antiquity, including complex flavor and whole-grain nutrition. Spelt is unusual because it can be more easily digested than other forms of wheat, and some people with wheat intolerances may be able to tolerate spelt; however, spelt is not gluten free. High in fiber and a good source of iron and manganese, our spelt flour is incredibly nutritious.

Bob's Red Mill Stone Ground Spelt Flour can be used in most recipes calling for wheat flour, especially yeast and quick breads. Spelt flour makes excellent pasta, cookies and other baked goods.

Emily A.
I found a recipe on Pinterest for spelt pizza sticks. I try to stay away from all purpose flour and pick healthier options. I used this flour and was pleasantly surprised. They were SUPER good. The flour has a nice nutty flavor without leaving an after taste. It's not sandy or grainy. I bought another bag.
Katie C.
I absolutely love this flour. It's great in baking. Bob's Red Mill is a great brand with top quality products. I seek out Bob's Red Mill when looking for specialty flours, GF oats, and even dried fruit & coconut. When my local store stopped carrying the spelt flour, I found this deal on Amazon. It was even cheaper than it was in the grocery store. I will definitely order again when I run out.
Antonella G.
I use spelt flour to make pumpkin spice muffins from 100 Days of Real Food. They taste amazing with spelt over whole wheat flour as it gives it a nuttier taste and comes out much more moist than with whole wheat flour. I like Bob's Red Mill products all around and you know that you are getting a high quality product when you purchase theirs.
Arianna K.
Bob's Red Mill has great products! This flour, like all of this brand's products, does not disappoint! I have used it many times while baking with great success. It has a pleasant whole-wheat sort of flavor but is not overwhelming.
Jessica J.
wish the texture was a LITTLE bit finer (I have heard that Honeyville Farms is the absolute best to bake with because it's the same consistency as regular flour, but I can't afford to order it and give it an honest try). I still use this particular product all of the time when I am baking for myself.
Caitlin W.
Mansfield, PA
Although some people may shy away from this healtheir option to All Purpose Flour, Bob's Red Mill Spelt flour does the trick! I have used it for baking cakes and cookies, and I was not disappointed (nor were the children I was baking for)! The texture of the baked goods is a little crumblier, but it still gives the food a gentle nutty and satisfying flavor. I would recommend this product for any person who is looking for a healtheir option to AP and whole wheat flour.
Emily d.
Portland, OR
One of my mom's church friends swears by this. It's not gluten free though, just a heads up! I helped this friend of my mothers with her cookie party this year and we used so much of this stuff. 10/10
Yanique B.
I love this flour not only is it good for you it taste just like wheat flour but a little better.this flour is easy to digest, I thought this flour was going to be heavy and bad but it's amazing.
Shala K.
Anchorage, AK
I love spelt flour. It's got a slightly nutty flavor and builds gluten well for bread baking. It's easy to overwork it though so use a gentle hand.
Maria C.
Marengo, IL
Es mi marca favorita y me gusta; y sobre todo es muy saludable y buena para dar a la familia
Antonella G.
What do you like to make with spelt flour over wheat?
Yanibell P.
Union City, NJ
How is this different than regular flour?
Yanibell P.
Union City, NJ
What would you use this flour for?