Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil uploaded by Kristin H.Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil uploaded by Kristin H.

BY BOBBI BROWN

A cleansing oil for all skin types that dissolves surface impurities and makeup, leaving skin balanced and soft. This cleansing oil contains a special blend of oils that calm the skin and boost hydration. The jasmine flower extract and kukui nut oil moisturize, while the blend of organic sunflower, olive, and jojoba oils cleanse without leaving skin feeling dry or tight. see more...

Leann F.
Leann F.
Alexandria, VA
What it is: Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil ($44 for 6.7 oz); available at Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, Saks, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bluemercury and Sephora.

What it does: Same as the others; a cleanse or pre-cleanse for your evening routine to remove make-up before you deep clean.

Why I bought it: This was my first interaction with cleansing oils. I bought it for nights when I wanted to do a quick cleanse, but not my more elaborate routine (or what I considered elaborate at the time). I know better than to leave make-up on when you go to bed, but there's no reason we can't make it a little easier. This was also well before make-up wipes were mainstream.

Pros: By far the most cost-effective on my list, this is a decent cleansing oil. Perhaps not my favorite, but not for anything negative. I just enjoy the texture and scent of some of the others more. This is a thinner formula, so it can spread in your hand quickly when you dispense it; I also feel like that makes me use more to get a nice emolient texture going on my face. I have also gotten this in a travel mini, so that makes is better for taking on the go or for trying out which is helpful.

Cons: As I said, for me it's a little too thin; I prefer the thicker textures these days. Ultimately the cons for most of these are going to come down to preference once you've tried a few. Some are more emollient than others, but they all work generally the same.

Will I buy it again: If i were in a pinch and it was the only one accessible? Sure; I might even buy the travel mini again just to have the bottle to decant to. If I have access to others on this list, would I buy this one again? Not likely, but only because I love others more.
Jonelle S.
Jonelle S.
Yonkers, NY
I bought this as a splurge item for myself on my birthday. Having oily skin I've always stayed away from serums, oils, etc. Until now in my older age I find that it actually assist my oily skin. I think it's actually helped change my skin type. I am less oily. This product assisted me. It completely dissolves into the skin without leaving a sticky residue behind. I always had a few patchy areas & this rid me of those forever. So I've already repurchased. Definitely a must have. Don't be afraid of oils even if you have combination or oily skin. It may just change your skin type forever. We spend too much time trying to mattify the oil. Instead of hydrating our skin. So our skin is fighting to put the moisture back over time. Try it you won't regret it. I wish someone told me sooner!
Naomi B.
Naomi B.
Burnsville, MN
Eh...it worked well but I don't like how it felt on my skin. The woman at the counter used it on me, and even though we removed it before applying my makeup, I felt like it was still a bit too oily for my taste. It cleanses really well, I just don't like how it made my skin feel especially after applying makeup. Probably wouldn't buy it for myself, but I could see how somebody with naturally dry skin would like it.
Jaleene G.
Jaleene G.
Bobbi brown never disappoints! This cleansing oil is very great on the skin! I have never had any problems with it except that the product finishes eventually.... Haha. I love Bobbi brown never disappoints would recommend any of their products even if I haven't used them because it seriously lives up to what they say and truly never disappoints!
Natalie K.
Natalie K.
Marysville, OH
I can honestly say i was very skeptical of an oil cleanser. I break out bad if my pores get clogged, and oil usually does this. However this cleanser worked so well! It didn't leave my skin feeling dry or oily like i imagined it would. Def recommend this product!
Kat M.
Kat M.
Kansas City, MO
A good cleansing oil--removes long wear makeup, mascara, eyeliner, etc. The price is a bit high, however, and I have found cheaper oil cleansers that are just as effective. Will not buy again.
Katherine T.
Katherine T.
Arlington, VA
If there's one make up product I can't live without its this. Nothing has ever gotten my make up off so well, and my skin loves it. OBSESSED.
Jenny L.
Jenny L.
Jacksonville
Fantastic for all skin types, washes waterproof makeup easily. I even usr use it to clean my makeup sponges. Love it
Kristin H.
Kristin H.
Temple, TX
I have recently gotten into dual cleansing to remove all the makeup and impurities from my skin. It has helped a ton with my breakouts. I use this cleansing oil as my first step in makeup removal and it is bomb! I bought the larger size during a sale and it will last a very long time. The cleansing oil itself is very effective at breaking up my makeup, even eye makeup, and is super gentle. I have never felt like it is irritating, not even around my eyes. I have combination skin and at first I was concerned because this was an oil I may break out. That's not the case at all. If anything it has helped keep the skin moisturized so it doesn't produce excess sebum. The second product I use to deep cleanse my skin is Kate Somerville Detox Cleanser. I love this combination!! And I always make sure to moisturize after. Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser 4 oz
Kelli F.
Kelli F.
Palm Desert
I absoulutly love this product so much! It takes off my makeup like non other! I bought it at Macy's about 3 months ago and I still have quite a bit left! I'm really happy with it and it's worth every penny!! I definitely recommend this product to my friends and family!