BY BOBBI BROWN #90 in Highlighter

What It Is:

This shimmering, brush-on powder creates a soft glow.

Why It's Different:

Handmade in Italy, this compact features superfine pigments that reflect radiance and light.

How To Use:

Sweep the Face Blender Brush (sold separately) through all five shades of the Shimmer Brick Compact and dust lightly on cheekbones after Blush. Focus on applying shimmer on the top of cheekbones—where light naturally hits the face—for the most flattering look.

Talc , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate , Dimethicone , Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate , Isopropyl Isostearate , Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate , Sorbitan Stearate , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Water\Aqua\Eau , Nylon-12 , Polyacrylamide , C13-14 Isoparaffin , Polyvinyl Alcohol , Butylene Glycol , Laureth-7 , Silica , Tin Oxide , Xanthan Gum , Disodium Edta , Sorbic Acid , Chlorphenesin , [+/- Mica , Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891) , Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499) , Manganese Violet (Ci 77742) , Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140) , Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288) , Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289) , Carmine (Ci 75470) , Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163) , Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090) , Ultramarines (Ci 77007) , Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510)]

BOBBI BROWN Shimmer Brick Compact
  • "this product is so versatile! you can you it as an all over face shimmer or as eye shadow. a little goes a long ways!" in 72 reviews
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Rose more...
This product is absolutely amazing. It was one of my first luxury makeup purchases and part of the reason I got hooked before luxe make-up was ever the cool thing.
I was lucky then because I didn't have YouTube personalities telling me what to buy and I had to figure it out on my own and this just jumped out at me.
It's gorgeous and it has a sleek black case that feels very Luxe and the inside has these absolutely gorgeous pearlescent shimmery pigmented colors is that a picture just could never do justice.
Then I got it home and I used it every single day I used it for bronzing my face and I used it for eye shadow. You can use the dark colors for transitional shades or every color looks good as a lid shade. the lighter colors look great as under brow or inner corner shades and you can make an entire eye look out of just this one palette. It's super pigmented the formula is velvety and soft and silky, but there's no Fallout. There's no Glitter so it's an expensive-looking Shimmer without the cheap looking heavy glitter effect that we sometimes get with highlighters.
I have very pale skin and the darker colors would be too much to be a highlighter but the higher colors, meaning the lighter colors work great as a highlighter. but if you're really pale like me the darker colors work great as a shimmery bronzer that isn't too heavy or even a blush if you focus on the pink shades.
Overall I love this compact. It is very expensive for the amount of product you get but considering we spend the same amount on 3 to 4 eyeshadow pans it's not that bad and it's way better quality then most highlighters you've used before.
This will always be a favorite of mine and have a special place in my heart as it introduced me to the world of and what is now my obsession of luxury makeup. It taught me that no matter what new releases come out or how hyped up something is that if you ignore everything else in the store and you don't experiment with anything you'll really miss out on some really great makeup. I totally recommend for anyone of any skin tone and any undertone you can make this work for you in one way or another.
Of course as with every other luxury thing only by from Sephora or other well-known luxury store brands or you will be buying a fake and it may look the same but it will never perform the same or even have the same colors once applied. It's also very dangerous as they have no one like the FDA overlooking the ingredients they use and people have had severe health problems occur because of fake makeup so don't waste your money and just save up for the real thing. It is expensive but it's very pigmented and a little goes a long way so it will last you quite some time with daily use I can make mine last for a year.
Alex O.
Willoughby Hills
Blythe H.
Review for: Rose more...
I got a set of these for Christmas a few years ago and I remember about 10 years back when these were all the rage.  Bobbi might have been first out of the gate trying to corner the unique highlighter market.  The shimmer bricks have a simply presentation of strips of colours that complement one another and can either be blended together or used individually to add shimmer to a look.

I find these very dry in texture and borderline glittery (though, perhaps, more on the fine shimmer side of things).  They are not for the faint of heart and are very noticeable as a highlighter, which is great if that is the desired effect.  Having the shade gradient is unique, but there are so many brands doing it better.  I like my little set, but I don't think I'll be buying any others.
Reigh D.
Knoxville, TN
Review for: Rose more...
This highlighter is beautiful but there are so many highlighters at the drugstore with the exact same payoff or better for a 5th of the price. I have this highlighter because it was given to me as a gift over a year ago and it’s almost brand new because I just never reach for it over all the other highlighters I own. It doesn’t wow me enough like most of my highlighters do. The best highlighter from Sephora is easily the Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy highlighter that’s allot less expensive than the Amrezy and Maybeline makes a great dupe for both.
Sonia G.
San Diego
Shimmer birch in bronze is glowy and bronze. Great for the winter time when you're not as tan to give you a sun kissed glow. Very beautiful when applied in the shadows of your face. Or it can be used as a highlight for rich beautiful deep skin tones.
Christine M.
Westerville, OH
I love love love this product.  I have used it to replace my blush.  I love the slight shimmer it has while being very subtle.  I actually just drag a brush from top to bottom for every day use.  I love the shimmer it gives which is enough to give some "personality" to an otherwise flat color on your cheek bones.  While the price tag is higher than other similar products, I feel like this little compact has lasted me a very long time.  I love that the shades match all skin tones.  Normally I am not a fan of products where colors are sitting directly next to each other in the same compact.  This is one of the only products I have that does this.  I love this product and highly recommend to anyone who wants a compact that can do just about anything (cheeks, highlights, eyes)
Julianna F.
Blooming Grove
ALL TIME FAVORITE SHIMMER! This compact comes with a mirror where you can apply anywhere at anytime! This blends so well with any type of powder or foundation you use. The undertones on my face are a peach color which I LOVE because it makes my face nice and bright! Some people wonder if there is to much glitter in the shimmer but on the cheek bones it makes just the right amount of glitter!
Julia F.
Beverly Hills, CA
Review for: Other more...
I have this in bronze. The colors are gorgeous. It can be used for either highlighting or eye shadow ( I actually use it more for the latter). More shimmery than glittery and its nice in that it allows you to make lots of different shades depending on where you swirl your brush. Probably wont buy again but definitely a fan of the product.
Susan D.
Newark, DE
Review for: Rose more...
I love the shimmer bricks :) when I’m in a hurry I put some over my cheeks and go! It’s easy to apply and blend but is incredibly pigmented!! I recommend using a stifled or fan brush. Not only are they beautiful to look at, but they look flawless on. I just purchased my second one, and will continue to support and purchase Bobbi Brown
Michael M.
Richmond, VA
For all you golden girls out there this bad boy is for you. I love my shimmer brick and I love how long it lasts me. I can build the intensity up to as much drama I want. If I want to be beat to the God's I can get that with this product and for days I want a softer highlight I can acchieve that too
Mo H.
Would this be a good product to use on brown eyes?
Lili N.
Are these worth the money? Idk are they suppose to be a shadow or highlighter? It looks super pretty though but I have yet to try any of the bricks from Bobbi brown
Harley S.
Las Vegas, NV
Does this eyeshadow crease?
Danielle S.
How are you supposed to use this? All over the face...as a highlight?
Stephanie C.
Salem, OR
This looks gorgeous!! How's the pigmentation? Is the product worth the price?

back