14 colors available

BY BOBBI BROWN #16 in Eyeliner

A true original. This award-winning long-wearing eyeliner offers the precision of liquid liner with the ease of a gel-based formula—all with 12 hours of waterproof and sweat- and humidity-resistant wear.

Highly pigmented, this gel formula delivers subtle to dramatic looks that are easy to apply, long-wearing, and won't smudge or fade.

Instructions: Dip the tip of the Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush (sold separately) into Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner, being sure to coat both sides of the brush. Wipe off any excess on a tissue. Working quickly, apply liner in short, even strokes close to the lash line, from the inner to the outer eye corner.

Faith O.
Faith O.
I received a sample size version of this product in black and gunmetal black. I had heard countless praises from beauty gurus and friends about this product, so I was excited to use these samples to test my friends' praises without having to spend too much money. I was a bit afraid of using the black because it was such a pigmented, black eyeliner and I didn't want to waste the small sample size for everyday use. I ended up using the gunmetal color more often than not. While it's not a simple and classic black or brown eyeliner, it's a dark gray with a slight shimmer to it; giving your eyes a little more dimension. However, both colors were a bit fickle after I applied them; they would smudge quite incredibly immediately after application, but then refused to move at all after a minute had passed. However, they still managed to crease slightly and smear along my lower lash line throughout the day. However, these eyeliners were incredibly pigmented and I'll liken the cause for some of my complaints to poor application or insufficient priming and/or setting (since these had been my first gel liners). Overall a good product, and now that I've gotten a lot better at using gel liners, I'll be sure to pick this product up at the store (assuming I have enough money to splurge on it)
Nancy J.
Nancy J.
Augusta, ME
I have owned the Bobbi Brown long-wear gel eyeliners in both black and brown. Currently, I have dark brown, well I have had it for about a year and it was time to throw it out. Honestly, they give you more product than you can use, which is a good thing, but also for the price, there are other long wear gel liners out there on the market now that are equally as effective, so I'm not sure this worth the hefty Bobbi Brown price tag. While I love most of her colors and products, Bobbi Brown cosmetics tend to cost a bit too much when there are other products out there (even at the drug store) who can compete.

To be fair, Bobbi was one of the first and biggest names to come out with these pot, gel liners and for a long time, they dominated the market. The thing is, they're $26.00 a shot right now on her website. I can walk into Target and buy a comparable NYX liner for under $10.00, so I say save your cash here. Plus, these little pots dry out and become all mushy over time. True, you can keep them upside down and they last longer, but why pay that much to begin with?

It is a good product, that apples smoothly and lasts all day. You have to buy the applicator brush separately. It just costs too much.
Emily Y.
Emily Y.
Columbia, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
Multi-purpose, smudge-proof, and great color payoff! I have this product in 5 different colors, ranging from colors as deep as black to lighter colors like gold. Once it's applied, you have a few seconds to smudge or blend it before it sets. But once it sets, it does NOT move. At all. The wear time is great and the color payoff is intense.
I use the darker colors for both regular eyelines and tightlining, but I'd also use them as bases/primers for smokey looks. Most of the time, I use the lighter colors as primers, but occasionally, I would use them as liners above black liners for special effects.
The only downside of these gel eyeliners is that they dry really fast. Although you can add a drop of water into the pot to make it work, the consistency changes a bit, so remember to put the lid back whenever your brush leaves the pot.
They are quite expensive comparing to the Maybelline gel eyeliner, which is my favorite gel liner of all time, so unless you're going to use this up in a short amount of time (or else it'll dry up), I would suggest you to think twice before purchasing these gel eyeliners because of it's price.
thao l.
thao l.
Manitowoc, WI
Bobbi Brown make up line is amazing of coarse. This gel liner was part of my first order with them, after hearing all the raves..this, being the best gel liner ever. I was so excited upon receiving everything and I HAD to try it immediately. My first thought on it is that it's not very pigmented. It's definitely not the blackest black and you have to go over it 2 or 3x to get the pigment you want. Other than that it went on very smooth. My next concern with any eyeliner is how long does it last. I have very oily eyelid and that's the big test. Every waterproof claim product will end up sliding on my lid. This product did not held up all day on me. It last nice for 5 hrs then my wing liner will smudge at the ends somehow. Anyways I think this product is on par with Maybelline gel eyeliner, Maybelline is more pigmented! For the price it's a good eyeliner but not the best. There's definitely more better ones out there and cost the same. I have been doing a wing liner since I was 14, so I think I know pretty well what's good or ahhh it's ok. Other than that Bobbi Brown other products are awesome!
Jodie A.
Jodie A.
I adore Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner! I use it for the perfect winged-eyeliner and have done so for years. The seductive cat-eye is one of my signature looks and Bobbi Brown creamy gel eyeliner has helped me achieve the perfect look so many times. It does not cake up which is great if you're like me & apply a few coats on top of each other before you are satfisied. I like how it comes with a brush, I feel I have better control when using it. I do not have to sharpen it like an eyeliner pencil either, which is a plus. This eyeliner is very long lasting & once it's on, I usually do not have to re-apply throughout my busy day. Just make sure you cover the container while you are applying the liner, I have noticed leaving it open for 10 mins at a time, every day, will make it dry out faster. If you keep it covered, this gel eyeliner will last a very long time. It's smooth, maneuverable & doesn't flake off over time. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner is amazing and superior quality! Give it a try, you'll be happy you did! ♡
LATOYA R.
LATOYA R.
West Palm Bch, FL
Review for: Cobalt Ink
I have been using this long wear gel eyeliner in black for around 5 years now and never looked back. The pot lasts me probably around 2 years using it every day so is very good value! The reason I love it is because it gives a really black look. I found pencils always looked a bit faded out whereas this gives a very crisp black sharp look and it lasts all day. You do need to specifically take it off with eye makeup remover at the end of the day as it really doesn't move at all. You will need to get the brush to apply it with as it needs a very fine brush. I also have it in indigo and violet and love it. I got my mum onto it a few years ago and she also loves it and wears it everyday (she is late 50s) and she has also bought it in quite a few colours now and it looks great on her too.
Sarah K.
Sarah K.
Lexington, KY
To be honest, at first I hated this eyeliner. It would dry up in the pot. However, then I learned on YouTube, that if you apply heat for short time, it goes back to being creamy. I ran my blow dryer over it and it worked! You can also microwave it for a few seconds. It is actually a very good thing that this eyeliner runs on the slightly drier side. It lasts a lot longer on my eyes than some creamier formulas. The quality definitely shows through in how long wearing it is. I can find plenty of cheaper gel eyeliners that look the same way when you first apply it. However, hours later they do not look as good as Bobbi Brown! This eyeliner does not smudge! So having to maintain it with some heat every now and then is worth it. I plan on buying more shades.
Emily D.
Emily D.
Allentown, PA
I have this liner in black and sepia, and I honestly love it. I purchased this from Sephora, and I have to say, in terms of gel pot liners this might top Make Up Forevers version. It is long lasting, pigmented (but in a natural looking way like all of Bobbi's products), and can be used in the waterline nicely as well. While some may see the price point as high, it really isn't, especially noting the quality and the fact that a pot of this can last SO LONGGGGGG. Also, it doesn't dry out or get crumbly in the container like some drug store gel liners. An added bonus is- I have sensitive eyes and allergies, this product didn't seem to cause a reaction on me so if that is a concern for you I would most definitely try this product out!
Radhika M.
Radhika M.
San Jose, CA
Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners come in a pot - you need an eyeliner brush to apply. I think these deliver an effect thats as dark and pigmented as liquid liners but with the softness thats similar to pencils. You can smudge these soon after applying for softer look, use under shadows as a base for smokey looks, snd of course use as regular liners. I like the Bobbi Brown liners because they are available in so many shade variations (brown, cool brown, warm brown, shimmery brown, etc) as well as different colors so its easy to find a color for every skin tone. They do go on a bit drier than some of the drugstore liners but they are quite pigmented and longlasting. My favorite - Violet Ink.
Abbie R.
Abbie R.
This gel eyeliner goes on very smoothly, and can be as thinly drawn as you want, depending on the eyeliner brush you choose to use. It definitely lives up to the name long-wear. If I accidentally sleep in this eyeliner, I can wake up the next morning and my eyelids look like I have just applied the eyeliner. (Obviously not encouraging sleeping with makeup on--I try to be as good as I can be about removing my makeup after a night out!)
I have light brown eyes and I used a brown eyeliner for everyday, casual use. When I go out or want to look a little fancier, I use black or charcoal grey eyeliner which makes my eye color pop in a different way from the brown.
Overall, great product.
Milena M.
Milena M.
Triangle , Va
Beauty Junkie Expert
I am in the market to change my current eyeliner and I was looking at the reviews on this one, can you let me know if last longer and since doesn't come in the traditional tube and brush if it's easy to use and bring the lines on your eyes, thank you
Rachael M.
Rachael M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well does this stay for someone with oily eyelids?
Ambra B.
Ambra B.
What brush would you recommend using to apply this liner?
Michelle Z.
Michelle Z.
El Monte, CA
Is this worth the price? And does this eyeliner easy to apply wing?
Julia T.
Julia T.
San Jose, CA
Is this really worth the price?