BY BOAR'S HEAD #3 in Bacon

Brunckhorst's?? Boar's Head Brand Naturally Smoke Sliced Bacon.
Imported.
Product of Canada.
To view representative slice, see back of package. see more...

• How would you compare this bacon to common brands 3 Answers
  • Is it a good brand because I really don't like all bacon ? 11 Answers
  • Where can I find this?36 Answers
Olbin G.
Manassas, VA
I love bacon one of the things that I look for when trying out different Bacon's is a great ability to maintain shape when cooked at proper temperatures to be healthy and safe. Boar's Head bacon natural slice was pretty good the reason that I rated it 3 stars was because it lost shape. Shrinkage of bacon is expected but only to certain margins flavor was good but not impressive to me for the Boar's Head brand.
sue s.
I find the strips to be well cut and not too fatty. Taste very good. One pack is about $5 bucks, which is averge in my local supermarket but it worth it. A tip if you have high cholesterol but you know you love your bacon, well try this....take a pan add small amount of water place the bacon strips inside and let it cook down ( NO oil needed). Stay health and enjoy.
Mike m.
BACON!! Everything is better with bacon. The flavor is great i get it from walmart and it goes great in a blt with avacado and with eggs and potatoes for breakfast
Amy L.
Portland , OR
It’s a good quality , way more expensive, I personally didn’t like the flavor , guess I like the honey flavor a bit more . I could live without for the price , but hey if your splurging for a special occasion or a die hard bacon fan this product would be for you
Rogena A.
Clover, SC
This bacon is amazing. I love how it hardly had any fat. So when I'm cooking with it I get more meat than I normally would with other bacon products. From now on this is the only bacon I will buy. My whole family loves the bacon.
Brianna B.
Louisville, KY
This is delicious bacon! The slices are just thick enough that you get the perfect amount of flavor in each bite. The price is competitive compared to other brands as well.
Karen R.
Burleson, TX

It has been a very difficult tasking in attempting to score this Boar’s Head Bacon. With the prestigious reputation the Boar’s Head brand holds, how can I possibly speak negative words on any of their products. I mean, have y’all tried their ham? It rocks. They also make fantastic condiments for sandwiches. I never even heard of their bacon until recently and I knew I had to give it a try.

bacon boarI was delighted when I first saw the package. This pack bears the celebrated Boar’s Head logo and doesn’t require any gimmicky colors or slogans to sell itself. One look and you know you have quality. When I opened the package, I noticed perfectly uniform slices throughout and some very decent marbling but not overly fatty. The thickness was somewhere between regular cut and thick cut, so it was near perfect on that end.

The flavor of the bacon was superb and possibly the most balanced bacon I’ve ever tried. The smokiness was just right and so was the saltiness. What an outstanding flavor all around. I was pleased that the bacon wasn’t too fatty and I enjoyed the hell out of every bite of this rich flavored smoky bacon strip. The strips were perfectly consistent in size after frying, which also helped the overall experience.

It’s not all roses for this pork bacon however. For some reason, these bacon strips are easier to burn than most. Possibly due to a somewhat lower fat content, but regardless, they tend to burn very easy before they crisp up. Another negative is the texture of the bacon. It is a little on the tough side. I tried frying crispy, I tried burnt, I tried a little under-cooked. No matter what I did, every strip was a little tough and somewhat chewy. This was very disappointing, but I don’t want yall to think it was bad. The chewiness was nothing like a beef jerky. It was only a little less than desirable. Most people prefer their bacon to snap (if they like it crispy, that is). bacon boar 2This is a tough one to make into crumbled bacon, that’s for sure.

Overall, Boar’s Head Bacon was a very enjoyable experience but for some reason didn’t quite live up to their reputation. I was very surprised and maybe my expectations were high based solely on their standing as the “best pork products in America and Canada.” It’s a little on the pricier side and not as enjoyable as some less expensive brands I’ve tried. I likely won’t be buying Boar’s Head Bacon again unless I for some reason want to impress someone.
Carissa M.
Well for starters this is bacon, how can you go wrong with bacon? But add to it that it's BH bacon and you know you have a flavorful compliment at breakfast. I get this from the deli when it's on sale and it's DELISH!
Carol C.
Bronx, NY
Es delicioso los desayunos no estarian completos si no ahi tocino. Es el pecadito de la manana. Yo lo prove por primera vez en casa de mi hermana y desde ahi me que pegada a el yo lo comoro ya desde ese tiempo se lo recomiendo y no es caro
Jasmina I.
Ankeny , IA
We love bacon in my house, we have it at least twice a week, and sometimes even for dinner. It's great to wrap around chicken too as it gives it a nice flavor. Affordable and yummy too!! Best stuff !!
Dagne S.
Joelton, TN
Where can I find this?
Ntia C.
Is Boar's head a good brand?
Tondra P.
United States
Was it fairly salty or would you say it had more of a smoky flavor?
takesha w.
Savannah, GA
Does it come in a sweet flavor?
Danielle S.
Staunton , Va
Eco-warrior Expert Level 3
Anyone know what store carries these in VA?