BY BMW #5 in Cars

• Are they really worth the money Or is it all for show?36 Answers
  • If you own a BMW how much a year do you usually spend on servicin...16 Answers
  • If you own a BMW, how likely are you to buy another in the future...20 Answers
BMW
  • "My dad currently drives a BMW and I love it, I've drove it a few times and it is a great car, but like most BMWs, they are sensitive cars to drive" in 5 reviews
Laiza H.
Wake Forest, NC
BMW is the best car maker. The cars have a beautiful and majestic design, really well done, perfect fit, fast as we want it to be, luxurious and comfortable. My husband used to have one a few years ago and we are planning on going to Germany next year to get our brand new car from the factory! I’m so excited to ride ou new beautiful BMW around Europe and then have it shipped to US! That’s so amazing! A great experience!
Rachel C.
Keizer, OR
My dad had a BMW 750 when i was growing up and it was his baby! I loved the heated seats in the front AND back and the 6 CD changer was awesome too. What I remember the most is blasting old rock music with my dad and sister and we'd tell him to "step on it". that feeling when the car sat down and took off so smooth was like being on a airplane and it was one of the best and most exhilarating feelings in a car. Definitely the ultimate driving machine. years later I also got to go to the BMW museum in Germany which was so cool seeing the cars used in film and the evolution of the brand. I can't wait to have a BMW of my own, love, love, love!
Jenny M.
Bakersfield, CA
I used to have a 2007 335i and I absolutely loved it. When they say "Ultimate driving machine" they aren't kidding. The steering is very firm, the tires are low profile and this particular model even in newer years has paddle shifters on the steering wheel for performance. Also, it's fast! My missing star is because it eats tires!
Amanda B.
Sandy, UT
My husband and I both drive BMWs- myself a mineral white metallic 2015 X5 that I am leasing and he a dark graphite metallic 2011 535i xdrive sedan. They are beautiful and luxurious cars inside and out and they definitely make a luxury statement as a status symbol to those around you. Apart from looks, I absolutely love the way the cars drive. We live in the mountains in Utah where it snows a TON and the intelligent AWD xdrive system helps us through slippery snowy and and icy conditions like nothing else. We've driven other AWD vehicles that don't come close to handling the way our BMWs do. Even my husband's sedan handles extraordinarily well compared to SUVs by other manufacturers. I also am pleased with the assortment of technology options that can be added to the vehicle to set it apart from the average vehicle We don't just drive the cars for the name as a status symbol or the mechanical stability and reliability- we have a huge appreciation for comfort, technology and safety features and chose to get all optional features in our vehicles including the convenience package (with comfort access entry), cold weather package, luxury seating package (with active ventilated seats), sport package, driver's assistance and driver's assistance plus (with lane departure warning and blind spot detection, parking sensors and 360 surround view cameras), premium navigation, enhance bluetooth, hifi sound system, heads up display, active cruise control and night vision with pedestrian detection. Nearly all these features (save the night vision with pedestrian detection- which neither of us has found very helpful) I couldn't live without and would certainly purchase again. I would never recommend just getting a basic model. We also subscribe to the BMW Connected Drive services and utilize the app which I find very useful. I love being able to send destinations from my phone to the cars navigation and being able to track my car's location via satellite. I also couldn't live without the run-flat tires, which are a huge safety feature. The cars are extremely expensive to purchase and maintain, but worth every penny invested. I would highly recommend leasing (I have been very happy leasing) or purchasing a CPO vehicle with a genuine BMW CPO warranty and maintenance contract.
Jaymee R.
Oakland , CA
I love my X3! We decided to get a family car when it became too difficult to get my son in and out of our Honda Accord Coupe. We also wanted a safer car. I custom ordered my car in April 2015 and it was built and delivered June 2015. Its a luxury car, but feels more sporty which I love. I was debating between the Audi Q5 and the X3 since they're comparable and so happy with our X3.
Kristen H.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I'm pretty new to the BMW ownership club, my last car was a Subaru. I've had my x5 for a year now and it's very reliable, sporty, has all the bells and whistles and best of all the AWD. I don't know what I would do without it. The employees at BMW have been helpful, friendly, and I never felt like they were pressuring me into making a purchase or creating an imaginary problem when it was time to have the car inspected.
Joanne H.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
My first car was a BMW, and I still to this day love them. I love how reliable they are and how they continue to run smoothly and have minimal problems if regular maintenance is maintained. I may be a little bias though since my oldest brother has worked as a BMW mechanic since I was in diapers.
Gail D.
Philadelphia, PA
My friend drives a white and black BMW it is so sick! When I buy my first car this is definitely the type of car i would like. its the perfect size, and drives so smooth.
The only thing i heard bad is that if the car does need any repairs or was in an accident its a fortune to get it repaired.
Alex H.
Santa Ana, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
BMW makes beautiful, efficient cars. However, maintenance on these cars is horrible. The vehicle parts are expensive and they are difficult to replace on your own. I still do any repairs on my own, but it is difficult to manage. Although this may be the case, I love my BMW 328i. When it's working fine, it runs sooo smooth. Best drive ever. Like others have said, i don't think I will drive anything else.
Iris P.
Bronx
My boyfriend has a bmw z4 & personally I think it's the most beautiful bmw out there. He has a soft top white convertible.. Nice sporty car except that it's not running due to some electrical components that have gone bad due to rain damage and have made it un-runable. Once one electrical component goes bad they all go bad. Beautiful car though...
nina g.
Bellflower , CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Are they really worth the money Or is it all for show?
KimLann D.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
What's your favorite BMW?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
What's your favorite model
Kayla B.
Newport news, VA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
If you own a BMW, how likely are you to buy another in the future instead of other brands?
Sarah A.