BY BLUE NILE

• On the website there is a sale section. Plus if you recei...1 Answers
  • Is this expensive ? What do they sell , is it just jewelr...6 Answers
  • Is this worth the price ?2 Answers
Blue Nile

Start your review of Blue Nile !

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "I loved being able to build a ring and show it to my now husband as a way to drop hints, and we got great deals on both (although he'll never tell me how much he spent on my engagement ring, he insists it was a great deal.)" in 19 reviews
  • "This is a place I'd go to for a big big purchase like an engagement or wedding band and be prepared to spend the money." in 7 reviews
  • "I'm skeptical of shopping online for high priced items but he liked how user friendly it was and the customer service was great." in 6 reviews
  • "I recently got engaged in August and my now fiancé worked with Blue Nile for a month to build the perfect engagement ring for me!" in 3 reviews
Brenda K.
Fashionista Expert Level 1
So when my husband was going to propose he grabbed my phone and looked at my Pinterest boards to see which ring I had pinned the most. He went looking everywhere for a ring similar because the ring I wanted from blue Nile was no longer available. He met a lady at a jewelry store who was familiar with the company either because she worked there or had a friend through the company. She made a call and blue nile still had the mold to make my ring! It's so beautiful and the cut, color and clarity is top notch. I worked at a smaller local jewelry store at the time so I knew what I wanted quality wise. Trying to find a floral halo diamond ring though is tough when you don't live in a big town! Blue Nile's rings are great quality and there's no worry about things like blood diamonds either. I was so surprised when he proposed and that my ring was in the shape of a flower. It is so unique. I do not know anyone around me who has anything like it! Quality of ring shown under microscope in pic
Rachel C.
Keizer, OR
I went to an event Blue Nile was having at Washington Square in Beaverton, OR and it was so much fun!! I took my bestie with me and tried on their gorgeous diamond rings. they were so helpful and nice and the sales people were not pushy at all and super personable. I fell in love with one of their engagement rings and have much fun going through all the styles and seeing the quality of their diamonds. They also gave us goodies bags before we left! I was super impressed and had such a great experience, I would definitely recommend getting your engagement and wedding rings here!
Stephanie S.
Sandusky, OH
Fashionista Expert Level 2
Buying my engagement ring from Blue Nile was a wonderful experience. Picking a diamond was easy and the communication was excellent. My husband was very nervous and called nearly every day to inquire on the status of the ring. The representatives were super kind and understanding and kept my husband updated on the building of my ring. I adore my ring!
Jenny L.
Manassas, VA
I recently got engaged in August and my now fiancé worked with Blue Nile for a month to build the perfect engagement ring for me! He has since given me the run down of everything he experienced and did (because he's proud of himself lol) and I'm very impressed with them. To get started using Blue Nile is an amazing idea because it allows your significant other to build a ring from scratch which is great because it makes it unique, shows how much they know you, and requires time and effort which makes it that much better. My fiancé is a perfectionist so he wanted to be very involved in the ring process which is why he chose Blue Nile, he learned all about the cut, clarity, carat, color, etc and narrowed down what he wanted with what he could afford. During this process there were representatives available to answer any questions he had which according to him were very helpful! When all was said and done he had made the most perfect engagement ring for me, the only downside is because he wanted it to be a complete surprise he didn't want to ask for my ring size so he found another ring of mine which wasn't a great fit... So we needed to get it resized which was another great experience. This process I was involved with so I can honestly say they are a wonderful company to work with. We called them up and gave them his order number and they were able to tell you exactly how they could resize it and how to go about getting it done. They sent a ring sizing kit in the mail which took two days to arrive, I was between a size 5 1/2 and 6 so we called them back and asked for their advice and they stated they could actually do 1/4 sizes when resizing. So we went through the process of getting it resized to 5.75. We sent it to the company via us mail with insurance. It took 4 days to arrive, 2 days for resizing, and 2 days to be sent back. In just over a week the ring was back on my finger in perfect condition. Overall we had a wonderful experience with Blue Nile . If you're looking for a company in which you can design an engagement ring with professional advice, diamond certification, and free resizing for up to a year after your engagement they are definitely a place to look at! I hope this helps!
Mary R.
I purchased my Husband's wedding ring from Blue Nile, and we have been very satisfied with it! He loved that he was able to choose from many styles and materials so he was able to get exactly what he wanted. The ring has held up beautifully so far and he finds it very comfortable.
Absolutely avoid Blue Nile. The "savings" at bluenile.com are accompanied by an incredibly bad service model. I ordered an engagement ring with a designer style, but Blue Nile, or whoever does the jewelry work for them, shipped unfinished with resizing tool marks. I could not get a clear answer from Blue Nile what this is all about until after the engagement. Eventually, Blue Nile told me they only stock “few ring sizes and have to resize most rings” to fit individual orders, sending a hack job with tool marks. I had to proceed with my engagement proposal with an unfinished ring in front of all my friends and family, it was very stressful to say the least. Blue Nile told me it will be about a month lead time before the ring can be exchanged, you joking right? I am basically taking it to the trusted local jeweler to let them finish her ring on my own. Having to send an item this expensive back and forth over FedEx is just absolutely insane. I found their “savings” only slightly better than Tiffany, I really wish now I would have gone with a Tiffany ring instead - they are the same price and superior service. This is my brief and only experience with this company. Guys, save yourself the trouble of Blue Nile, it may look like a prudent engagement ring option, but it isn’t, go with others like Tiffany or anyone else. I am posting this review for your benefit and I don’t have any personal agenda against Blue Nile or diamonds they sell, it’s just their service model is flawed and you need to know this before you order!
Amy D.
Lake Mary, FL
My husband purchased my engagement ring from here, and I love it. It is the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. He got it for a much better price than the several stores we shopped at. We also have our wedding bands from here.
Claire W.
Novi, MI
My engagement ring is from Blue Nile. It's a notoriously fragile setting (micropave) that is known for losing diamonds left and right if not crafted by a very skilled jeweler. I've had my ring for over 9 months and I've never had any trouble with it. I am not easy on my hands and I'm pretty clumsy, so this says something about the quality of Blue Nile rings.

The customer service is fantastic. Emails are answered promptly (within an hour, in my experience) and with loads of information. Your ring is eligible for a free service check every 6 months- this includes a steam cleaning (safe for pave bands!), an inspection, and a rhodium plating if you have a white gold ring.

Blue Nile carries high quality diamonds for an impressively low price. This is thanks to the lack of a brick and mortar store. Being able to walk into a building and see the diamonds jacks up the price quite a bit. For those worried about choosing the wrong diamond based only on the GIA report (Blue Nile doesn't show photos of their diamonds), you can return your diamond/ring no questions asked within 30 days.
Cameron B.
Lansdowne , PA
Fashionista Expert Level 2
I learned a thing or two about diamonds while searching for my engagement ring. Info is great and I love that you pay less for the stone you want. And then separately for a setting!
Samantha S.
Elkhorn, WI
My husband purchased my engagement ring several years ago from Blue Nile and the experience was fantastic. He was deployed at the time and was clueless when it came to the 4c's and asked me to pick out a handful of stones and send them to him. From those choices, he went and picked out a setting and the final stone. It showed up and he wasn't home yet and it was so hard to put away the box and not peek but I wanted to be surprised by som part of this engagement ring and was excited to see what setting he chose.

I still love my ring and get compliments on it. It is just a 6 prong round solitaire (I love classic looks) and the stone is slightly under 1ct.. We would shop from Blue Nile again without hesitation and we have recommended it to others as well.
Madison R.
Georgetown , ON
1,111 reviews
I've never heard about this brand ! What do they sell ?!
Brandi M.
What's the the hype about?