BY BLUE MOON #1 in Beer

Buy on Walmart
  • "It's best on Draft with an orange slice but I drink the bottles too when I want to have a couple at home or at a friends." in 10 reviews
  • "One of my favorite beers - serve it with an orange for a "beer cocktail"." in 7 reviews
Nona B.
Nona B.
Hobart, OK
The taste definitely tries to mimic the experience of more crafted beers. Blue Moon has a rich flavor by Coors standards, and even by craft beer standards doesn’t come up short. It is a smooth, almost fruit inspired flavor, that makes sure it doesn’t come off as an overly sweet beer. A distinct orange flavor always lingers starting with the first sip and lasting with you until the final chug. Surprisingly a smooth beer, that drinks great when cold and doesn’t become harsh the warmer it gets, even with the citrusy aftertaste. Easily a smooth brew that can be sipped or enjoyed through the course of the night as the beer of choice.
Matthew H.
Matthew H.
Overall a well-balanced beer. It's enhanced with a cut of orange. To be clear, not a wedge on the side of the glass, thats too much, just a thinly sliced cut set into the glass to float on the beer, not squeezed. It's a great go to beer in a bar that has a small selection of domestics, but carries this as an alternative for people that want something a little more than average. It's isn't overly complex but it is refreshing. I suggest anyone try it that is just starting to venture out into the craft beer world and wants to begin finding new flavors to try.
Tiffani B.
Tiffani B.
Jacksonville, FL
My go to drink anytime I'm out out at a restaurant for dinner or staying in at home to watch a movie. This beer has a slight fruity taste as well as a good amount of hops. Pairing it with an orange slice seals the deal. Anyone who is skeptic on trying Blue Moon should most certainly give it a try. Like most beers there is a difference in taste between draft and bottle. However, distinguishing the difference between draft and bottle and blue man is very difficult. That is why I think that I prefer this beer over many others and would suggest it to anyone.
Laura A.
Laura A.
Fanwood, NJ
Pours a murky orange with a 1 inch foamy off-white head that settles to a film on top of the beer. Small dots of lace slowly drip into the remaining beer on the drink down. Smell is of malt, grain, spice, yeast, and some citrus peel aromas. Taste is of malt, grain, citrus peel, and spices. There is a mild spice bitterness on the palate after each sip. This beer has a good level of carbonation with a crisp mouthfeel. Overall, this is a pretty good beer for what it is and pretty easy to drink as well
Katie A.
Katie A.
Los Angeles, CA
Blue Moon Belgian Wheat White Ale is one of my go-to beers. It definitely introduced me to wheat ales and I can't get tired of this ale. It was more or less an "introductory" beer for me -- I've become more adventurous since then -- but it's still a solid choice. I LOVE their other flavors, especially Harvest Moon Peach. It isn't too hoppy and is very smooth and refreshing. It's a great buy because I can typically find a 6 pack of bottles for around $10 or less.
Andra D.
Andra D.
New Prt Rchy, FL
Blue Moon was the beer that introduced me to "alternative beers" (I won't use the word craft since it is a Coors beer :-). I have to be honest, I LOVE this beer. I love the crispness of witbier, and the orange flavor is wonderful. For a while this was all I drank, but then had to mix some things up with red beers, lagers and other whites. I am not a huge fan of Coors american adjunct, but I think they hit the nail on the head with Blue Moon!
Alex A.
Alex A.
Morgantown, WV
I know beer is so bad for you to drink in the hot sun, but I can't help myself when I'm at the beach. I HAVE to at least have a few Blue Moon's while lounging in the sand and sun. It's so refreshing (even if it's really dehydrating - I can always drink an extra bottle of water to balance it out right?) and the orange flavor to it just makes it that much more of a great summer-y beer. Definitely a beach bag essential for me!
Cheryl M.
Cheryl M.
Sun Prairie, WI
I started drinking beer about 8 years ago when I had always thought I didn't like beer. This beer is so smooth and goes down so easily w/out any bite to it. The orange definitely adds to the flavor and I couldn't believe I ordered it in a bar one time and they didn't have any orange slices to add-I canceled my order. Since trying Blue Moon I try lots of different beers now but usually go back to this as my standby.
Jasmine M.
Jasmine M.
It's always between the White Wheat Ale and the White IPA, and most times this one comes out victorious! It's refreshing! It's tasty! The golden color and perfect thin layer of foam with an orange slice! Its everything you're expecting from an ice cold beer! BBQs, birthday parties, party for no reason parties, hanging out at the bars, this beer is the choice you should make! My mouth is watering just writing this!
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
Brighton , MA
All time favorite beer! Not a huge beer drinker but can always count on a Blue Moon to do the trick when I'm at an event or venue where beer is more suitable than other choices. It tastes great - especially paired with an orange. If you're not a huge beer drinker like me, I would 100% go with a Blue Moon at your next meal. It's light and has a citrus taste that will leave you satisfied, for sure.
Sara W.
Sara W.
Ona, WV
Do you prefer bottled or draft Blue Moon?
Brooke S.
Brooke S.
Rogers , AR
Orange or lemon...?
Christine T.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
What do you like to pair with it?
Christina S.
Christina S.
Endicott, NY
Which seasonal Blue Moon is the best, in your opinion?
Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.
Brooklyn, NY
Does it come in other flavors?