BY BLUE MOON #3 in Beer

Blue Moon® Belgian White* was our first year-round release back in 1995.

It started with our brewmaster, Keith Villa, wanting to craft a beer inspired by the flavorful Belgian Wits he enjoyed while studying brewing in Belgium. He brewed his interpretation using Valencia orange peel versus the traditional tart Curaçao orange peel, for a subtle sweetness, and added a touch of coriander to provide balance. Then he added oats and wheat to create a smooth, creamy finish that’s inviting to the palate. As a final touch, he garnished the beer with an orange slice to heighten the citrus aroma and taste. Its natural unfiltered appearance adds to the depth of flavors in Belgian White*.

Available in 12-oz. bottles, 6-pack, 12-pack, 12-oz. can, 16-oz. can, Draft

• What size do you buy these in?1 Answers
  • Have yet to try this - I know it's quite popular. Thoughts?4 Answers
  • Is this good? Would like to try it?5 Answers
Blue Moon Belgian White Wheat Ale
  • "It's best on Draft with an orange slice but I drink the bottles too when I want to have a couple at home or at a friends." in 10 reviews
  • "One of my favorite beers - serve it with an orange for a "beer cocktail"." in 7 reviews
Melissa V.
Raleigh, NC
Purchased at: Walmart
For being from a macro brewery, this wheat is a great option especially for those just getting into beers or not wanting something super crazy and out there. As always, add a slice a orange! It really does change the chemistry of the beer and adds a different dimension. Solid choice to purchase for a group of people if you don’t know what kind of beer they like.
Kendall K.
Purchased at: Walmart
I don’t care for beer, but I don’t mind Blue Moon. It tastes a little lighter and just more flavorful than other beers I’ve tasted. I also like the logo and name. It’s usually my go-to when everyone else I’m with is drinking beer.
Alli ..
San Jose
Blue Moon is my favorite Beer ! To be honest it was my second beer ever tasted I found out recently that it was Coors beer lol.. Did not know that since my first beer was coors.So pretty cool,& interesting !
Alrighty,Blue Moon Is manufactured by Blue Moon Blue Moon Brewing Company.
This beer alchohol level is 5.4% by volume.
The beer is a golden cloudiness.Blue Moon is a wheat beer brewed with Valencia orange peel for a subtle sweetness, and bright, citrus aroma.
Blue Moon has a orange smell, and taste to it. If you get it in draft of course it tastes amazing ,& sometimes the bar tender will garnish it with an orange wedge. Sometimes I even notice the orange taste is stronger, but not all the time. So if your not into orange proceed with caution,but your in luck it's not over powering. It's just a nice light refreshing beer that is good all year round.

Awards :
1995 World Beer Championship gold medalist, White Beer category

1996 World Beer Championship silver medalist, White Beer category

1997 World Beer Championship silver medalist, White Beer category

2008 World Beer Cup gold medalist, Specialty Honey Lager or Ale category for Blue Moon's Honey Moon

2008 World Beer Cup silver medalist, Fruit and Vegetable Beer category for Chardonnay Blonde

2008 World Beer Cup Champion Brewery - Large Brewing Company
Dayna s.
New York
Favorite beer to get. It has a citrus taste to it. Its not bitter. Its very light. Taste so good extra cold and when you're thirsty. Taste good with fried foods or burgers. Its definitely affordable. I remember when it first came out, it was hard to find in stores and you can only get in bars or restaurants. Its a great beer.
Kelli M.
Lafayette
Blue Moon is my go-to beer when I'm out with friends and I'm looking for something light, refreshing, and easy to drink. Compared to other beers, I feel that Blue Moon is a higher quality and never tastes watered down or bitter. I've introduced many friends to Blue Moon, and they are all fans now!
Jennifer G.
vancouver, WA
Blue Moon is my go to beer. I love the flavor (with or without an orange slice) It is smooth and tastes good and doesn't leave the acrid after taste that some beers do.  I wish that I could find it on sale once in awhile, but that being said it is still worth the price paid.
Alyssa T.
Myerstown, PA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This is hands down my favorite beer. I’ve been impartial to Belgian White for a while, and this has recently become my favorite. Blue Moon is affordable, delicious, and great when paired with an orange slice. It’s smooth, not hoppy, and easy to drink. 10/10 would recommend this beer.
Lauren P.
Royal Oak
5/5 stars on Blue Moon Belgian White Wheat Ale from me. I’m not a fan of the IPA’s - so this beer is perfect for when I want a “heavier beer” without feeling bloated and weighed down afterwards. This beer has a great flavor, add an orange slice and you’re good to go!
ΠΠΠ C.
This product is one of my favorite. I started drinking beers because of how tasty Blue Moon is. If you like Blue Moon try Pyramid Hefeweizen. Blue Moon has a orangey flavor to it and it’s delicious and i love it. I definitely recommend everyone to try this product.
CHELSEA K.
Allenwood, PA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Tastes so good. Add a slice of lime to it and it enhances the flavor even more. It's such a reasonably priced beer. Definitely met all my expectations. My one friend and I drink this everytime we get together. It's our drink of choice. I will definitely buy again!
Sara W.
Ona, WV
Do you prefer bottled or draft Blue Moon?
Brooke S.
Rogers , AR
Orange or lemon...?
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
What do you like to pair with it?
Christina S.
Endicott, NY
Which seasonal Blue Moon is the best, in your opinion?
Jennifer F.
Does it come in other flavors?