BY BLUE MOON #2 in Beer

Blue Moon® Belgian White* was our first year-round release back in 1995.

It started with our brewmaster, Keith Villa, wanting to craft a beer inspired by the flavorful Belgian Wits he enjoyed while studying brewing in Belgium. He brewed his interpretation using Valencia orange peel versus the traditional tart Curaçao orange peel, for a subtle sweetness, and added a touch of coriander to provide balance. Then he added oats and wheat to create a smooth, creamy finish that’s inviting to the palate. As a final touch, he garnished the beer with an orange slice to heighten the citrus aroma and taste. Its natural unfiltered appearance adds to the depth of flavors in Belgian White*.

Available in 12-oz. bottles, 6-pack, 12-pack, 12-oz. can, 16-oz. can, Draft

• What size do you buy these in?1 Answers
  • Have yet to try this - I know it's quite popular. Thoughts?4 Answers
  • Is this good? Would like to try it?5 Answers
Blue Moon Belgian White Wheat Ale
  • "It's best on Draft with an orange slice but I drink the bottles too when I want to have a couple at home or at a friends." in 10 reviews
  • "One of my favorite beers - serve it with an orange for a "beer cocktail"." in 7 reviews
Kendall K.
Purchased at: Walmart
I don’t care for beer, but I don’t mind Blue Moon. It tastes a little lighter and just more flavorful than other beers I’ve tasted. I also like the logo and name. It’s usually my go-to when everyone else I’m with is drinking beer.
Alli ..
San Jose
Blue Moon is my favorite Beer ! To be honest it was my second beer ever tasted I found out recently that it was Coors beer lol.. Did not know that since my first beer was coors.So pretty cool,& interesting !
Alrighty,Blue Moon Is manufactured by Blue Moon Blue Moon Brewing Company.
This beer alchohol level is 5.4% by volume.
The beer is a golden cloudiness.Blue Moon is a wheat beer brewed with Valencia orange peel for a subtle sweetness, and bright, citrus aroma.
Blue Moon has a orange smell, and taste to it. If you get it in draft of course it tastes amazing ,& sometimes the bar tender will garnish it with an orange wedge. Sometimes I even notice the orange taste is stronger, but not all the time. So if your not into orange proceed with caution,but your in luck it's not over powering. It's just a nice light refreshing beer that is good all year round.

Awards :
1995 World Beer Championship gold medalist, White Beer category

1996 World Beer Championship silver medalist, White Beer category

1997 World Beer Championship silver medalist, White Beer category

2008 World Beer Cup gold medalist, Specialty Honey Lager or Ale category for Blue Moon's Honey Moon

2008 World Beer Cup silver medalist, Fruit and Vegetable Beer category for Chardonnay Blonde

2008 World Beer Cup Champion Brewery - Large Brewing Company
Erin R.
Solid macrobrew! If there’s no craft beer available, I’ll definitely go for this over pretty much anything else. It’s rather sweet and not at all hoppy, which makes it very easy drinking, especially if you add the traditional orange. Not my first choice, but definitely not my last; solidly middle of the pack.
Jennifer G.
vancouver, WA
Blue Moon is my go to beer. I love the flavor (with or without an orange slice) It is smooth and tastes good and doesn't leave the acrid after taste that some beers do.  I wish that I could find it on sale once in awhile, but that being said it is still worth the price paid.
Alyssa T.
Myerstown, PA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This is hands down my favorite beer. I’ve been impartial to Belgian White for a while, and this has recently become my favorite. Blue Moon is affordable, delicious, and great when paired with an orange slice. It’s smooth, not hoppy, and easy to drink. 10/10 would recommend this beer.
Ipek S.
Studio City, CA
It is my go-to beer of all times. It has a great taste without the beer smell. It has a slightly fruity aroma which makes it even tastier in my opinion. If you are looking for a beer with great taste and a smooth finish, Blue Moon should be your choice.

olubusola P.
Kingsville
was a nice easy to drink beer im not a beer drinker but if  i had to consume beer i would choose blue moon it has a very yeasty flavor and pairs great with a citrus slice . not a everyday beer person but i like this beer and its not on the expensive side of things
CHELSEA K.
Allenwood, PA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Tastes so good. Add a slice of lime to it and it enhances the flavor even more. It's such a reasonably priced beer. Definitely met all my expectations. My one friend and I drink this everytime we get together. It's our drink of choice. I will definitely buy again!
Erica K.
I generally drink beer if cognac is not available or if I’m eating bar food, lol. It is also a great alternative to “hard liquor” if you’re on a budget. I am actually not a fan of the “orange” flavor, but I really like Blue Moon with a slice of orange.
Allison Q.
Old Bridge
Blue Moon is my go to beer whenever I’m at a bar for happy hour or draft specials. It’s usually a beer that’s available on draft, which I enjoy from time to time. I also like that Blue Moon will have a variety of flavors throughout the year, like mango etc.
Sara W.
Ona, WV
Do you prefer bottled or draft Blue Moon?
Brooke S.
Rogers , AR
Orange or lemon...?
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
What do you like to pair with it?
Christina S.
Endicott, NY
Which seasonal Blue Moon is the best, in your opinion?
Jennifer F.
Does it come in other flavors?