by Blue Buffalo Natural Cat Food
Ask a Question
Tiffany L.
Tiffany L.
Wesley Chapel, FL

Switching from Blue Buffalo Kitten soon to a Blue Buffalo adult formula - any type that you favor?
Amreen S.
Amreen S.
Aug. 6, 2015, 1:03 a.m.
I feel like my cats prefer the chicken flavor.
Amy G.
Amy G.
Feb. 19, 2014, 3:17 a.m.
Any protein is a great choice. Most nutritionists recommend alternating proteins for cats to prevent any issues with food sensitivities developing (it sounds unlikely, but it truly does happen). It isn't so much that there is an issue with the protein itself, but sometimes companies change the formula of their food which can wreak havoc on cat's systems - most especially if you happen to have one that is sensitive to additives. Myself, I feed Blue Buffalo, on rotation with Taste of the Wild, and Instinct. I feed alternative proteins (rabbit and venison) mixed with poultry and sometimes fish (usually ToTW Trout/Salmon).
Kathrine G.
Kathrine G.
Nov. 17, 2013, 4:30 p.m.
One of our cats has a pretty sensitive stomach (had a horrible bleeding ulcer a while ago and almost died from it), so we've only gotten chicken flavored food and treats for him, but even then he can be picky with different brands. He's LOVED the Wilderness Chicken formula.
Jessica B.
Jessica B.
Oct. 18, 2013, 5:30 p.m.
My cat's have liked all the flavors. I once compared the ingredients/breakdown between them and I think the salmon flavor maybe had more omegas? But other than that they are all very similar and it would be more of a taste preference. I usually mix it up to give some variety to my kitties lives. Right now I'm feeding kitten because I have a kitten around, but I look forward to being able to switch between the flavors once he's old enough.
Sarah L.
Sarah L.
Aug. 11, 2013, 3:04 p.m.
Definitely Indoor if your cat is indoors or mostly indoors. It's important that indoor cats don't get overweight.
Lindsey M.
Lindsey M.
March 1, 2013, 2:59 p.m.
Just make sure you don't just suddenly switch foods on your cat. Mix up the two.
Pam S.
Pam S.
Feb. 28, 2013, 4:13 a.m.
It depends on your cat and what his/her needs are. My cats are indoor only, and my female cat eats and eats. So, we use the indoor formula with weight control. They love it, and it does everything we need it to do.
Kyla R.
Kyla R.
Feb. 20, 2013, 3:53 p.m.
The type you choose depends heavily on your cat. Is your cat overweight? If so you may want to choose a weight control option. Does your cat have dry skin or frequently sheds? If so then a salmon or fish based option will help to give your cats skin and coat the moisture and nutrients it needs. Other options include hairball control and healthy immune system.

Join Now