BY BLUE BUFFALO #46 in Dog Food

Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food - Premium Dry Dog Food available at petco.com Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food gives your pup all the vital nutrients he needs to grow up healthy and happy! This tasty, high quality dry dog food is full of premium ingredients and essential building blocks for balanced, puppy-specific nutrition. Blue Buffalo puppy food's first ingredient is deboned chicken, an excellent source of highly digestible protein that supports muscle development, organ function and energy. Wholesome brown rice, barley and oatmeal provide energy, vitamin B, and high-quality fiber. Garden vegetables like peas and carrots provide oodles of vitamin A and strengthen your puppy's immune system. Fish meal serves as an excellent source of DHA, an Omega 3 fatty acid that prevents heart disease and supports proper cognitive development. The special blend of these premium ingredients and many more create a balanced and nutritious dry dog food designed just for your growing puppy. One of the key ingredients that sets Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food apart is unique LifeSource Bits. These exclusive kibbles are loaded with a precise blend of nutrients and antioxidants formulated by animal nutritionists and holistic veterinarians. LifeSource Bits help maintain oxidative balance, support your puppy's immune system, and provide life stage-specific requirements like vitamins and minerals essential for growing puppies. Some other regular types of dry dog food are processed at high temperatures which can reduce the nutritional effectiveness of the ingredients, especially water-soluble vitamin B complexes; LifeSource Bits, however, are cold-formed and processed at lower temperatures to preserve vitamin and mineral potency. Your puppy is sure to love the great taste of Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food. The high-quality ingredients create a tasty meal that appeals to even the pickiest of puppies. see more...

Buy on PETCO
  • "He wasn't really eating the first puppy food we gave him, but once we tried Blue Buffalo he actually started getting excited about eating it!" in 5 reviews
  • "My dog loved this as a puppy, but it is very expensive." in 2 reviews
  • "Before I brought my puppy home i researched what dog food was the best and blue buffalo is the best." in 2 reviews
  • "My dog loved it as a puppy!" in 1 review
  • "I love that it's grain free and all natural! " in 1 review
Faith H.
Tulsa, OK
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
He loves this. We switched it because he was having a sensitive stomach to the other dog food. As soon as we switched his coat got shinier he was able to hold down food his poops became more solid and less frequent. He had more energy and actually ate less to! I guess because it’s better food it’s keeping him fuller longer? A little pricey when I buy the big bags but it’s worth it I think.
Heather B.
Chicopee , MA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Started my dog on grain free food as it seemed best for last dog. Feedings were k but he was having some tummy issues. I switched to this food due to being out and my boyfriend grabbed it as we both know the brand and he feeds it to his dog.   Never. Going. Back! My dog chows this down and no more tummy problems!!! Blue Buffalo Life Protect Chicken Puppy Food 6lb
Jocelyn M.
Whittier, CA
This is the only brand that i feed to my puppy. She loves it so much. As soon as i fill her bowl with food she attacks and devours all her food. I had bought a different brand but she wasn't eating it then i switched to this one and i have been buying this ever since. I usually buy the 6lb bag at Target, the price is not to bad and it last her for a good while.
Alice D.
Brooklyn, NY
When we first adopted him, the shelter was using this brand for him so we purchased a bag as to not drastically change up Loki's diet. However, we noticed that Loki's stool would be really soft and a lot of times liquid-y. We've tried a few other popular dog food brands and had similar results, so we switched Loki to a limited ingredients brand which worked for him and no more diarrhea for Loki.

We went to the vet and checked for everything, but couldn't work our exactly why Blue Buffalo didn't work for Loki. My guess is that he is allergic to some of the ingredients that are used in most dog food. So be aware if your dog has allergies or sensitive stomach.
Samantha J.
Honolulu, HI
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I only feed my pupper Blue Buffalo brand food. I know some people think it’s pricey, but it is truly better food for your pet and my puppy loves the puppy formula. In fact, she is on her last bag and will need the adult formula soon! Spend the money, and don’t feed your pets Pedigree or other crappy products that aren’t good for them.
Lizzie C.
West Union, SC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have a foster dog that is a chocolate lab who is very active. The previous foster parents had them on this so this is what we decided to keep him on. I feel that this is a good dog food but I do not believe that it is worth the money and I will be slowly switching him over to Purina puppy chow.
Megan K.
Kingsport
My dog has ate this puppy food for a while jts the only kind he will eat and he loves it he is a beagle corgi mix and still a puppy I think it's a good value because it's healthy for dogs than most other food on the shelf it's a little pricey but worth it for the quality of the food
Rebecca N.
Savannah
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
We have been very happy with this brand dog food. We used the small bag at first to make sure it was a good fit for our puppy, and she seems to really like it. We are happy with the ingredients, as well, so we feel confident that we are feeding her quality food.
Anna L.
Dawsonville, GA
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Started my puppy out on this stuff because I heard great reviews of it. Only thing I’m not crazy about was how pricey it was and how quickly my dog went through it. But then again: only the best for my furbaby and he is a growing dog so, I can’t complain really
Shelby L.
Simi Valley, CA
I only feed my hairless Chinese Crested grain free dog food and Blue Buffalo is the high quality food I feed him. The pierces of food are small which is perfect for small dogs/puppies, it's grain free, and it does not have an overwhelming dog food smell to it.
Kristin R.
Lafayette, LA
I love this product but have a hard time finding bigger bags of the small bites. Does anyone know where I can find it at?
Anna R.
Clifton, NJ
Did anyone's dog get sick eating this? My puppy has stayed away from this dry food since she has had bad reactions to it
Nicole B.
New Iberia , LA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Been wanting to try this is itvwilorth the price??
Shardha N.
Vancouver
I've seen the commercials on TV for Blue Buffalo comparing the ingredients to other brands. Their products look wonderful but I don't know if I should get this or not because a friend told me that their dog had a bad reaction to blue buffalo dog food?
Tiffany L.
Ridgeway, SC
Blue Buffalo Life Protect Chicken Puppy Food 6lb Is Blue Buffalo worth the extra money? Has anyone noticed a change in their dogs health/ behaviour?