BY BLUE BUFFALO #31 in Dog Food

Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food - Premium Dry Dog Food available at petco.com Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food gives your pup all the vital nutrients he needs to grow up healthy and happy! This tasty, high quality dry dog food is full of premium ingredients and essential building blocks for balanced, puppy-specific nutrition. Blue Buffalo puppy food's first ingredient is deboned chicken, an excellent source of highly digestible protein that supports muscle development, organ function and energy. Wholesome brown rice, barley and oatmeal provide energy, vitamin B, and high-quality fiber. Garden vegetables like peas and carrots provide oodles of vitamin A and strengthen your puppy's immune system. Fish meal serves as an excellent source of DHA, an Omega 3 fatty acid that prevents heart disease and supports proper cognitive development. The special blend of these premium ingredients and many more create a balanced and nutritious dry dog food designed just for your growing puppy. One of the key ingredients that sets Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food apart is unique LifeSource Bits. These exclusive kibbles are loaded with a precise blend of nutrients and antioxidants formulated by animal nutritionists and holistic veterinarians. LifeSource Bits help maintain oxidative balance, support your puppy's immune system, and provide life stage-specific requirements like vitamins and minerals essential for growing puppies. Some other regular types of dry dog food are processed at high temperatures which can reduce the nutritional effectiveness of the ingredients, especially water-soluble vitamin B complexes; LifeSource Bits, however, are cold-formed and processed at lower temperatures to preserve vitamin and mineral potency. Your puppy is sure to love the great taste of Blue Buffalo Chicken & Brown Rice Puppy Food. The high-quality ingredients create a tasty meal that appeals to even the pickiest of puppies. see more...

Blue Buffalo Life Protect Chicken Puppy Food 6lb
  • "He wasn't really eating the first puppy food we gave him, but once we tried Blue Buffalo he actually started getting excited about eating it!" in 5 reviews
  • "Before I brought my puppy home i researched what dog food was the best and blue buffalo is the best." in 2 reviews
  • "My dog loved this as a puppy, but it is very expensive." in 2 reviews
  • "They look forward to feeding time." in 1 review
  • "We switched from Merrick dry food to blue dry food several months ago and my pup just devours his dry food now!" in 1 review
Kat D.
Kat D.
I've started using this food for my 60lb 10 month old Lab/Dane puppy and he loves it. I initially went to Petsmart to find an alternative for the simply nourish brand (also good) I had been purchasing because he eats so much being a puppy and that was getting expensive. But after looking at all the ingredients and serving size suggestions I learned the value of quality products. For my puppy the serving size was so much more on his old food vs this blue Buffalo food. The food is so packed with nutrition that he only needs 3.5 cups a day vs the 6!!!! He needed before. That was crazy when I realized the difference. So the cost of the blue Buffalo suddenly started to even out vs the other brands. I'm able to buy a 30lb bag that will last a month vs 2 weeks making it cost effective. So being that, my dog loves it, and the ingredients are top of the line, I will continue to purchase this for him and then switch to the adult version.
Taylor G.
Taylor G.
Fargo, ND
I love Blue Buffalo dog food because it has all natural ingredients and I feel good about feeding it to my baby. He loves it too! He gets excited when it's time to eat and scarfs it down because he loves it so much. The only con I have is that there is too much protein in this particular type/flavor for my puppy. It mad him gassy, which did not smell pleasant. Don't get me wrong, protein is good to have, but my dog is a miniature dachshund so I think the amount of protein was too much for his size. I'm not going to mark it down a star for that reason. We have since switched him to a different flavor (still in the Blue Buffalo brand) with less protein and we have seen a significant difference. I will continue to buy this brand because it is all natural and I trust it to feed my fur baby well.
Brittany T.
Brittany T.
Rustburg, VA
My husband and I have a 2.5 month old puppy and we really struggled to find a dry food that she liked. We tried one brand and she had trouble eating it because the pieces were too big and she just didn't eat much of it. A neighbor suggested this brand, so we gave it a try. Daisy loves the food so much!! The pieces are nice a small, which are perfect for her still sensitive teeth and tiny mouth. She gobbles this food up every time we feed her! We also love that the food is grain free and made with healthy ingredients.
Erin H.
Erin H.
Summerville, SC
I bought this after months of feeding my dog regular dog food that was much cheaper. I knew that this was better for him, but I couldn't get over the price tag. He started itching a lot, and it was clearly more than fleas, but more allergies. I finally broke down and bought him some Blue Buffalo, and I swear he hardly itches anymore. The quality of this food is very noticeable. I buy the biggest bag they sell at my local pet store, and it lasts him over a month. Definitely worth the investment!
Martha c.
Martha c.
When I rescued my puppy buddy I went ahead and bought him Purina puppy food. We'll I notice that my buddy was itching all the time and had rashes all over his body. Took him to the vet the vet said it was because his food had corn and other chemicals wich cause him a heat rash. I saw this brand on TV, gave it a try and boy did it work! No more heat rash, his fur was shiny, he was more active and a happy baby. This product contains natural food for the dogs! I 100% recommend it to everyone!!!
Ericka V.
Ericka V.
Bridgeport , CT
I've fed all my puppies blue puppy food and then blue adult food once they are old enough. I love this brand because there are simple real ingredients in this food no by products and it's proven to be healthier for your dog. For me I like to make sure my dogs stay healthy and get everything they need for a long, happy and healthy life and I think Blue contributes to that and they love it which helps the cause!
Katie W.
Katie W.
Valparaiso, IN
Why do I feel like every review on this site is 5 stars it was fantastic!
I won't! Anyway, this food is awful. It gave my dog the WORST gas. And it was a constant issue. When I took her to the vet for her checkup, the vet warned me against BB, as it's too much protein, even for a dog. My parents had the same issue with feeding their golden BB. Not sure how this stuff gets such great reviews.
Heather E.
Heather E.
ft piere fl
My boyfriend and I always buy the huge bags and last our pitbull 2 months feeding twice a day. She loves this stuff, i mean she is a dog and not very picky about what she eats but I notice that she is a lot leaner and muscular on blue. She is also more alert and less lazy. We will continue her on blue and will not give her another brand. Also on any more dogs we get they will be on blue to.
Taylor T.
Taylor T.
Indianapolis, IN
I love this product. I have used this since I brought my pup home without problems. My dog's coat is very shiny and smooth. He also has very healthy poop. I have followed the directions on the bag to see how much to feed him and have not run into any problems. The only thing that I would change about the food is the price and that is a small price to pay for a healthy pup!
Jay M.
Jay M.
Sterling
I've been feeding my pooch this particular brand "Blue Buffalo" since he was a baby. No corn, wheat, soy or chicken by-product meals which serve just as fillers to keep you full. I wouldn't want anything less for my dog. The little brown balls are filled with antioxidants rich ingredients. My dog loves it and it's healthy period.
Kristin R.
Kristin R.
Lafayette, LA
I love this product but have a hard time finding bigger bags of the small bites. Does anyone know where I can find it at?
Anna R.
Anna R.
Wallington, NJ
Did anyone's dog get sick eating this? My puppy has stayed away from this dry food since she has had bad reactions to it
Nicole B.
Nicole B.
New Iberia, LA
Pet Lover Expert
Been wanting to try this is itvwilorth the price??
Shardha N.
Shardha N.
Vancouver
I've seen the commercials on TV for Blue Buffalo comparing the ingredients to other brands. Their products look wonderful but I don't know if I should get this or not because a friend told me that their dog had a bad reaction to blue buffalo dog food?
Lezlie S.
Lezlie S.
Wentzville, MO
What have you done to get your puppy to try this food when they've been using other food for over 5 months? I really want my puppy to eat this because it's so much better for them.