Add a Photo

By BLUE BUFFALO
LifeSource Bits provide your puppy with complete nutrition; blend of nutrients and antioxidants meets your puppy's needs Help your growing large-breed puppy thrive with this BLUE Wilderness with LifeSource Bits Natural Evolutionary Chicken Recipe Food for Large-Breed Puppies that features a special formula fortified with LifeSource Bits, which are full of the vitamins and minerals your pup needs for complete nutrition. The blend of nutrients and antioxidants make sure your canine companion is receiving a wholesome meal. Food Type: Dry Food Food Consistency: Kibble Life Stage: Puppy Large Breed Health Consideration: General Health Flavor: Chicken Primary Ingredient: Chicken Nutrition Option: Natural, Grain Free Calories Per Serving: 420 calories per cup Package Weight: 24 lbs Ingredients: Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Tapioca Starch, Peas, Menhaden Fish Meal (Source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid), Tomato Pomace (Source of Lycopene), Natural Chicken Flavor, Dried Egg, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols And Citric Acid), Potatoes, Fish Oil (Source of DHA-Docosahexaenoic Acid), Flaxseed (Source of Omega-3 and -6 Fatty Acids), Potato Starch, Alfalfa Meal, Whole Carrots, Whole Sweet Potatoes, Blueberries, Cranberries, Apples, Blackberries, Pomegranate, Spinach, Pumpkin, Barley Grass, Dried Parsley, Dried Kelp, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Turmeric, L-Lysine, Taurine, L-carnitine, Oil Of Rosemary, Beta Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin B3), D-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Biotin (Vitamin B7), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (Source of Vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Choline
Photos (5)
Jenna L.
Jenna L.
N Smithfield, RI

I would not recommend this pet food to my worst enemy. When we brought our puppy home over a year ago, I was determined to feed him the BEST food. For us, we thought this was perfect. We started feeding him this and his stools went from solid- to loose- to liquid waaaay too quickly (even after a slow change over from the breeder's food). At his first vet check up our vet asked us what we were feeding him and when I told her, I saw her visibly cringe. She explained that while Blue Buffalo looks awesome on paper, they see so many cats and dogs who are fed this brand with blocked intestinal tracts. She doesn't recommend this food to anyone.
Morgan H.
Morgan H.
Bremerton, Wa

Finally a dog food that is healthy for our puppies! My roommate actually turned me onto Blue Buffalo when I got my puppy. I love that it is grain free and no fillers unlike most run of the mill dog food. Peyton, my 6 month old Dudley Lab loves this food! He always has a shiny, healthy coat. I can feed my dog this & not worry about what nutrients he is actually receiving.
Mel O.
Mel O.
Atlanta, GA

We fed this to my dog for 10 months, during this time she had 5 episodes of constipation and diarrhea. We never knew why and just put it down to her being sensitive and having anxiety. One day we saw a new vet at our practice and she said that she sees a lot of dogs on blue buffalo who have these issues. We have since switched her and she's doing so much better.
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
West Haven, CT

Zeus has been on this formula since he was 2 months old (he's now 1 year and we're preparing to transition to adult food). Zeus has a pretty sensitive stomach to most food, but he loves this food and it doesn't bother his stomach. This food was recommended after Zeus was having extremely dry skin, and this has completely taken care of that problem!
Samantha S.
Samantha S.

We just switched to this a few weeks ago from another good brand. Honestly, the two are comparable quality wise but my dog absolutely flips out for this brand of food. She prefers the taste over anything else and she absolutely devours it. I can use it as training treats and she stays motivated!

She is a 5 month old Newfoundland, Bernese, Golden mix so I like having a good food geared specifically to her needs as well.
Barbara  B.
Barbara B.
Staten Island, NY

Both my dogs love this product. A little expensive but worth it. My dog suffers fro allergy and this product was great for her
Karina A.
Karina A.
Denver, CO

My pit bull loves this product! It's healthy and nutritious! I'm a fan and so is he!
Crystal  H.
Crystal H.
Virginia Bch, VA

We switched to this for our German Shepherd food and he LOVES it! Before we switched, he had issues with itchy skin and since we made the switch, it has gotten SO much better.
Bri B.
Bri B.
Somerset, KY

This is the best dog food around. My Doberman loves his food, we switched him from puppy chow that his breeder was feeding him to this, and he has grown like a weed. A little expensive, but so so worth it knowing that he is getting a good meal and the nutrients that he needs to be healthy.
Ashley V.
Ashley V.
Suffolk, VA

Top notch dog food. We put my dog on this for awhile. The only reason we stopped was due to the higher cost. The dog loved the flavors! The can food is good too!
Jessica B.
Jessica B.

I just got a German Shepard puppy and have a few questions. What is the benefit to feeding a specific large breed puppy food? Does anyone know the first ingredient and is this priced fairly?

Join Now