BY BLUE BUFFALO

Make sure your large-breed pooch receives the nutrients he needs to thrive by serving this BLUE Basics Grain-Free Large-Breed Lamb Recipe Adult Food for Dogs, which features vitamin, mineral- and antioxidant-rich LifeSource Bits for optimal nutrition. Crafted with limited ingredients and no grains, the food helps maximize nutrition while minimizing food sensitivities. Features: Delectable lamb flavor appeals to your dog's cravings; specially formulated LifeSource Bits feature vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for balanced nutrition; limited-ingredient, high-protein, grain-free formula; crafted for large-breed adult dogs Food Type: Dry Food Food Consistency: Kibble Life Stage: Adult Flavor: Lamb Primary Ingredient: Lamb Calories per Serving: 3,594 kcals per kg; 313 kcals per cup Package Weight: 22 lbs. Directions: 50 - 70 lbs.: 2-3/4 - 4-3/4 cups 71 - 100 lbs.:4-3/4 - 6-1/4 cups More than 100 lbs.: 6-1/4 cups + 1/2 cup for each additional 20 lbs. Use a standard 8-oz. measuring cup. When transitioning to BLUE, start by mixing 25% with your dog's current food, then gradually increase the proportion of BLUE over a 14-day period. Feed dry or mixed with warm water to fully release flavors and aromas. Individual dog's feeding requirements may vary depending upon age, breed, environment and activity level. Adjust food as required to maintain optimal body condition and ask your veterinarian if you are unsure. Be sure to have a clean bowl of cool, fresh water available at all times. Warranty, Awards, Certifications or Expert Recommendations: Formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance. Ingredients: Deboned Lamb, Tapioca Starch, Potatoes, Peas, Lamb Meal, Potato Starch, Pea Protein, Canola Oil (Source of Omega-6 Fatty Acids), Pea Fib see more...

Buy on PETCO
Lindsey D.
Safety Harbor
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My best friend is an eight year old Golden Retriever. I have been feeding her Blue Buffalo brand dog food from Petco since I got her. Yes, their dog food is expensive but isn't your best friend worth it?

We recently switched her to the Grain Free formula based on the veterinarian's suggestion. My girl was having some skin issues on her belly and the tips of her ears. Even though it has only been 90 days on this formula, her hair is already starting to fill back in and her itching has decreased substantially. As long as my girl is happy and healthy then I am happy, and that is what Blue Buffalo has done for us.
Alexandra A.
garfield, NJ
My dog has a severe allergy to any other dog food to her than this one. It really is the best. He loves it and I am so happy that he enjoys it. After trying so many different dog food I’m happy that blue buffalo makes something that it is completely grain freee
Lisa S.
Nampa
My dogs love this food. Out of all the brands and products I had my dogs try this is their favorite. You can tell because their bowl is always empty and they give me that stare that indicates they want more. I didn't give it 5stars only because it is not a very big bag in comparison to other brands. We go through it fast. Would be nice if it were bigger.
Cheryl W.
Louisa, KY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I am very cautious what I feed my dog. I trust this brand and my dog enjoys the flavors. I love the grain free options and the fact that they take care in the ingredients that they use. While it is a little more expensive than some other brands, it is worth the price.
Sarah G.
Timonium , MD
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I feed my dog the blue basics grain free duck and potato. He has a food allergy to chicken where he ends up ripping a lot of his fur out and gets really itchy. He eats this food all the time and have no issues with it. It is rather expensive but he eats it and it’s good for him so I continue to buy it.
Rebecca B.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dogs are picky eaters and they enjoy this brand. I really like the fact that it’s grain free and has all natural products and the biggest ingredient is a meat source. I’d recommend for other dog owners if they want a good healthy brand of dog food
Mahalah T.
Tucson, AZ
I bought this dog food because my dog has had issues with almost every dog food I have gotten. This food was good for my dog and she enjoyed it. Sadly, this food was pretty expensive and I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy a large bag again.
Maritza R.
Perris, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dog gets soook excitI d each joke it’s time to eat and then he honked it all up so fast. He’s to boujee for other dog food ever since her tired this and omg I don’t care take all my money he’s worth every penny
Ashley S.
Carmi, IL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Our dogs have thrived so much more since we made the switch to Blue. Their coats are shiny and they don’t itch and scratch like they used to. They have also started losing their extra weight also.
Lindsey A.
Philadelphia , PA
My dog loves this food! When we first got him he wouldn’t eat sometimes. We switched to this and he never skips a meal lol. It is a little pricey but my dog definitely enjoys it. Would definitely repurchase