BY BLUE APRON #3 in Meal & Beverage Delivery Services

Blue Apron makes cooking fun and easy. We'll provide you with all the ingredients that you need to make a delicious meal in exactly the right proportions.

• If you sign up to get a week's box on Friday or Saturday , will t...1 Answers
  • I recently tried hello fresh for a week and was disappointed with...3 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this service? Is it a good service to use?1 Answers
Stephanie M.
McDonough, GA
We just started this week, but I'm so impressed. The recipes are delicious and incorporate new ingredients that I would never have tried. Me and my husband are having fun cooking together. (He even let his phone ring without answering.) You get to choose which recipes you want every week out of seven or eight options. The ingredients are fresh. You can skip a week, or cancel any time. The only thing I had to take out of my own pantry was olive oil, salt, and pepper. Everything else is included. It's a great value because they are sending just enough of everything so you aren't having to purchase an entire package of something for a recipe. Plus, you get to keep the recipe cards. I definitely recommend this service!!
BrianaHairfield H.
Fredericksburg
I’m a foode with a full-time job and a toddler. Blue Apronerything I need to cook an amazing home-cooked, delicious meal without any hassle. I love having a three day break from meal planning and grocery shopping each week. And who doesn’t love coming home to a box full of delicious food after work on Monday! The portion sizes are perfect for my husband and the food quality is top notch. The recipes are easy to follow and now you can choose if you want 30 min meals or not. Blue Apron
Sarah G.
I got a free box of blue apron last week with 2 meals: broccoli pasta with calabrian chile paste and black bean quesadillas with a side salad of roasted carrots and avocado. I thought both meals were pretty flavorful, and the recipe cards made it easy to follow the directions. Prepping the ingredients takes the most time. Also i dont like how the recipes involve adding salt 3-4 times per dish...that seems excessive and hard to know how much to add so i would just add it in once at the end. Also, for a meal service thats supposed to help you make restaurant quality meals it would have been nicef for them to give suggestions on how much salt and pepper to add, instead of just saying add to taste. Out of the meals i made, the roasted carrot side salad was actually my favorite- the pickled goathorn peppers were amazig and this is actually something i want to make again. The quesadillas and the pasta were good but not amazing, and i dont think they would be worth the price of a subscription. I would only buy blue apron in the future if they had some incredibly exotic meal with special ingredients that i really wanted to try,and even then i would rathereat it at a restaurant than have to make it and wash dishes.
Kelly S.
Dayton, OH
I received my first blue apron box a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed it! It provides you with recipes that you would not normally try, so it's a fun experience getting to cook new things. For me personally it's not a service that I could use every week due to the price, but they make it very simple to skip weeks that you don't want a meal delivery. We really enjoyed the recipes that we got and I like that you get to pick from eight meals or so to pick the three that you want for the week. Everything I needed came in the box (except for olive oil, which I already had) and it was kept very cold. They also accept the packaging back for them to recycle, which I love! I'll definitely use their services again!
Lindsay s.
Madison Hts, VA
Tonight was our first night using Blue Apron and I am nothing short of impressed. The food arrived when it said it would all ingredients well packaged, fresh, and pre measured. The cooking was a no brainer with a simple recipe card to follow. The meal took about 25 minutes to cook and was absolutely delicious which means a lot coming from a picky eater. I was mostly worried about portion size and that I would still be hungry but 2/3 the way finished I was already full. Trying our second recipe tomorrow night hoping for similar results!
Kristen N.
Cleveland, OH
I absolutely love Blue Apron. I live on my own and have a boyfriend, so I’m not cooking for a family but find the amount is perfect for us. When I cook just for me, I always have leftovers. I took a break over the summer due to my garden but started back up in the last month or so. I missed it! It’s great trying new recipes, and everything is super tasty. I’m not great at meal planning, and this helped me. When I don’t know what to make, I’m always happy I have this for the week. You can skip weeks, and they improved the selection, as you can get any three at any time, and even pick two for busy weeks. I’ve learned to be more selective, as I always ensure I get three meats (chicken, beef, steak, seafood) rather than a vegetarian meal to get more bang for my buck. I also know what my personal preferences are based on their recipes and stay away from dishes (or even weeks) if I don’t think the recipes reflect what I wanna make. See some of the pics of my best plated creation!
Tiffany M.
Weeki Wachee, FL
I honestly love this service so much. I have been ordering it for a couple of months. First of all, I love the free trial, so worth it. It was easy to sign up and choose meals according to my taste. They ship fairly quickly and i've never had any issues with anything not being frozen still. The first thing  I ever noticed about Blue Apron is their amazing packaging. Everything comes in separate containers and already measured out - it's AMAZING. They take so much of the work out of preparing an amazing meal. All the ingredients are always fresh, high quality, amazing. I never have came upon a wilted leaf, a bad veggie, nothing. The recipe cards are easy to follow and also you can find really helpful techniques and tips on their app. My favorite thing about Blue Apron is that they get you to try different ingredients, types of cuisine and techniques that you wouldn't otherwise try. I recommend Blue Apron to everyone I know. I know the $60 price scares some people but I feel like two people would spend that much going out to eat just once and instead you're getting 6+ meals and you didn't have to waste extra ingredients, come up with a recipe idea, go find high quality ingredients. I love this service.
Stephanie S.
Kingsport, TN
I've been using Blue Apron for about a month now.  I am so happy I chose to try this service.  I have a family of four (husband, me, two boys (ages 6 & 8).  I've had weight loss surgery so I don't each much as well as my boys.  We've been getting the boxes with enough to serve two and it's been plenty for all of us to eat on with some left over.  We are very busy, my husband and I both work full time and both of the boys are in school and sports.  It's nice knowing that I don't have to worry about planning a large majority of my meals PLUS I know all the meals will be delicous and healthier than eating fast food.  So far there has been nothing that we don't like.  Yes, some receipes are better than others, but they are all great.  The boxes come with everything you need with the exception of salt, pepper, and oil.  On top of that you get to keep the reciepe cards so I can always go to my local grocery store and purchase ingredients of anything I would like to make again.  Every week it's kind of exciting knowing that we get a new shipment with something new!
Constance M.
Newport, TN
I used Blue Apron for about 3 months. I really liked it at first, but then after a few deliveries decided it wasn't for me. There were too many fancy recipes that were complicated and took too long to do. I enjoyed a couple recipes, but didn't care for most of it. It's a great idea and ingredients were always fresh, but I'm not a skilled cook so it was just frustrating most of the time. It was kind of pricey and we always ended up throwing away leftovers that we couldn't finish. I just felt like I was throwing away money on it.
Jessica D.
McMinnville, TN
Awesome service for couples, small families or individuals who want to entertain who also want to mix-up the recipes they’re able to cook. Not only do you get 100% of the ingredients sent in the exact right amounts, you also get produce that’s local and in-season. If you live in a rural area or small town, I️t may be hard to make the trek to a larger grocery store that would have many of these items (like violet potatoes or creme fraiche). Blue apron’s got you! They can ship almost anywhere by packing their items with dry ice which leaves enough time to get items from delivery to the fridge while maintaining their freshness ( I️ live an hour and a half from a major metropolitan city, got most of my deliveries on warm southern days and never had any problems with frozen meat products defrosting). In terms of the recipes themselves, id say that 75% of them were really good and also fairly inventive. The other quarter were alright, but just lacked the inventive tastiness the others had. The most important part in my opinion is the recipe ideas and the cooking skills learned by their in-depth instructions. For example, this was the first time I️ had ever had to “blanch green beans”, something that keeps them so much crispier and flavorful. Overall, I’d recommend trying I️t out to bring some of the magic of cooking into your kitchen or to get out of a recipe slump. However, the $10/per serving makes it a bit too pricy to be a replacement for a well-planned trip to the grocery store.
Nikki S.
Harrison Twp, MI
I've heard mixed reviews on blue Apron. I know some people who love it and others who have been disappointed because they have gotten rotten or moldy foods. Had anyone had any issues?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Is Blue Apron worth getting?
B S.
West Palm Bch, FL
Just how good is Blue Apron? Are the items fresh and not some artificial tasting ingredients.
rosy R.
Has anyone try this? ??
Teresa W.
Des Moines, IA
How healthy are these meals?