BY BLUE APRON #3 in Meal & Beverage Delivery Services

Blue Apron makes cooking fun and easy. We'll provide you with all the ingredients that you need to make a delicious meal in exactly the right proportions.

• If you sign up to get a week's box on Friday or Saturday , will t...1 Answers
  • I recently tried hello fresh for a week and was disappointed with...3 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this service? Is it a good service to use?1 Answers
Sarah G.
I got a free box of blue apron last week with 2 meals: broccoli pasta with calabrian chile paste and black bean quesadillas with a side salad of roasted carrots and avocado. I thought both meals were pretty flavorful, and the recipe cards made it easy to follow the directions. Prepping the ingredients takes the most time. Also i dont like how the recipes involve adding salt 3-4 times per dish...that seems excessive and hard to know how much to add so i would just add it in once at the end. Also, for a meal service thats supposed to help you make restaurant quality meals it would have been nicef for them to give suggestions on how much salt and pepper to add, instead of just saying add to taste. Out of the meals i made, the roasted carrot side salad was actually my favorite- the pickled goathorn peppers were amazig and this is actually something i want to make again. The quesadillas and the pasta were good but not amazing, and i dont think they would be worth the price of a subscription. I would only buy blue apron in the future if they had some incredibly exotic meal with special ingredients that i really wanted to try,and even then i would rathereat it at a restaurant than have to make it and wash dishes.
Jessica T.
San Diego, CA
TLDR: Fun to do once or twice, but not something I would want to do consistently.

What is it: A meal delivery service that brings fresh and portioned ingredients right to your door. It comes along with a straight-forward recipe. Price: 3 meals for 2 people averages you about $60 per week. This breaks down to about $10 /meal per person BUT there are often discount codes/promotions that can get the cost of the box down to as low as $30!

Final Thoughts: It's definitely fun to do once or twice. Not only is it a full meal, but it's an activity that you can do with your friends or family. The cost does add up quite a bit though. It's almost equivalent to the price of eating out - except you have to do all the dishes lol. I definitely recommend waiting for discount codes if this is something you want to try out.

Also, QUICK TIP: if you had your account deactivated for a while, they'll reach out to you with a discount code to try to get you to try it again!
Tivonia B.
Westland, MI
It was fun when I did it the first time but it’s not something I can continue to do as it’s not easily affordable. I wish they’d allow me to take my card off but it won’t let me so I’m constantly hopping on the app to skip delivers so I won’t get charged. Overall I enjoyed it when I did it the food was tons of fun and stuff I had never tried before. There are some downsides those meals take more time than they say and the way the directions are set up I feel you definitely need a second set of hands to help out or else it can get a little chaotic and frazzled trying to time everything perfectly.
Kristen N.
Cleveland, OH
I absolutely love Blue Apron. I live on my own and have a boyfriend, so I’m not cooking for a family but find the amount is perfect for us. When I cook just for me, I always have leftovers. I took a break over the summer due to my garden but started back up in the last month or so. I missed it! It’s great trying new recipes, and everything is super tasty. I’m not great at meal planning, and this helped me. When I don’t know what to make, I’m always happy I have this for the week. You can skip weeks, and they improved the selection, as you can get any three at any time, and even pick two for busy weeks. I’ve learned to be more selective, as I always ensure I get three meats (chicken, beef, steak, seafood) rather than a vegetarian meal to get more bang for my buck. I also know what my personal preferences are based on their recipes and stay away from dishes (or even weeks) if I don’t think the recipes reflect what I wanna make. See some of the pics of my best plated creation!
Tiffany M.
Weeki Wachee, FL
I honestly love this service so much. I have been ordering it for a couple of months. First of all, I love the free trial, so worth it. It was easy to sign up and choose meals according to my taste. They ship fairly quickly and i've never had any issues with anything not being frozen still. The first thing  I ever noticed about Blue Apron is their amazing packaging. Everything comes in separate containers and already measured out - it's AMAZING. They take so much of the work out of preparing an amazing meal. All the ingredients are always fresh, high quality, amazing. I never have came upon a wilted leaf, a bad veggie, nothing. The recipe cards are easy to follow and also you can find really helpful techniques and tips on their app. My favorite thing about Blue Apron is that they get you to try different ingredients, types of cuisine and techniques that you wouldn't otherwise try. I recommend Blue Apron to everyone I know. I know the $60 price scares some people but I feel like two people would spend that much going out to eat just once and instead you're getting 6+ meals and you didn't have to waste extra ingredients, come up with a recipe idea, go find high quality ingredients. I love this service.
Dinah B.
Windsor
I did a trial subscription for a couple of months.  I normally purchase fresh foods to cook so I wasn't sure if this would help me....and as for recipes, I can find all I would ever want on the internet.  The shipments were packaged very nicely and arrived cold.  The recipes were interesting, but most were not to my husband's liking.  Some of the fresh vegetables were not fresh, wilted, or blemished...the ones I would pass over at the grocer store.  I decided I could purchase the same items at the grocery store for much less money.  This is not for me.
Stephanie S.
Kingsport, TN
I've been using Blue Apron for about a month now.  I am so happy I chose to try this service.  I have a family of four (husband, me, two boys (ages 6 & 8).  I've had weight loss surgery so I don't each much as well as my boys.  We've been getting the boxes with enough to serve two and it's been plenty for all of us to eat on with some left over.  We are very busy, my husband and I both work full time and both of the boys are in school and sports.  It's nice knowing that I don't have to worry about planning a large majority of my meals PLUS I know all the meals will be delicous and healthier than eating fast food.  So far there has been nothing that we don't like.  Yes, some receipes are better than others, but they are all great.  The boxes come with everything you need with the exception of salt, pepper, and oil.  On top of that you get to keep the reciepe cards so I can always go to my local grocery store and purchase ingredients of anything I would like to make again.  Every week it's kind of exciting knowing that we get a new shipment with something new!
Karla R.
Washington, DC
What a great subscription! I received my first box last weekend and I did the 2 recipes for 2 people meal option. I cooked the Quick Bucatini with broccoli and pecorino cheese. I am not much of a cooker and spend a lot of money eating out, Blue Apron is simply great because they give you all the ingredients you need to make the recipes. This delicious meal was done in 30 minutes and the portion size is bigger than I thought it would be. I love this! This is inspiring me to make more home meals than spending money on eating out.
Jan H.
Redding
I have tried several home delivery meal services and Blue Apron is my favorite. I enjoy cooking new meals, but am often left with a bottle of something that I don't care for to make one meal. With Blue Apron, I am sent only what is needed, so it's actually more affordable than purchasing a whole bottle of something I may never use. I LOVE trying new recipes and have learned different cooking techniques that I never tried. It's like going to cooking school, but at home! The meals are packed in a very sturdy box and the ice packs keep everything nice and cold. I wasn't home when one box arrived and the next day when we got home, everything was still cold. The produce is very fresh and the meats and produce is all top quality. I also love that I can choose the meals I want and can skip a week (or more) if needed. I'm glad I finally broke down and tried Blue Apron. Always thought it was too expensive, but it's well worth the price.
Stephanie M.
McDonough, GA
We just started this week, but I'm so impressed. The recipes are delicious and incorporate new ingredients that I would never have tried. Me and my husband are having fun cooking together. (He even let his phone ring without answering.) You get to choose which recipes you want every week out of seven or eight options. The ingredients are fresh. You can skip a week, or cancel any time. The only thing I had to take out of my own pantry was olive oil, salt, and pepper. Everything else is included. It's a great value because they are sending just enough of everything so you aren't having to purchase an entire package of something for a recipe. Plus, you get to keep the recipe cards. I definitely recommend this service!!
Nikki S.
Harrison Twp, MI
I've heard mixed reviews on blue Apron. I know some people who love it and others who have been disappointed because they have gotten rotten or moldy foods. Had anyone had any issues?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Is Blue Apron worth getting?
B S.
West Palm Bch, FL
Just how good is Blue Apron? Are the items fresh and not some artificial tasting ingredients.
rosy R.
Has anyone try this? ??
Teresa W.
Des Moines, IA
How healthy are these meals?