BY BLUE APRON #2 in Meal & Beverage Delivery Services

Blue Apron makes cooking fun and easy. We'll provide you with all the ingredients that you need to make a delicious meal in exactly the right proportions.

• If you sign up to get a week's box on Friday or Saturday ...2 Answers
  • I recently tried hello fresh for a week and was disappoin...3 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this service? Is it a good service to use?2 Answers
Buy on Blue Apron
Shaina H.
Cypress
We tried Blue Apron after our first baby was born.  Since my husband and I worked long days, we wanted to be able to just come home to food instead of always trying to figure out what was for dinner.  The biggest reason we chose to get a meal delivery service was because we wanted to spend time with our baby when we got home instead of having to go to the store randomly for ingredients we might not have.

When we received our first box, all of the recipes were great!  However, they took FOREVER to prepare.  The amount of chopping, peeling and dicing was insane.  It took over an hour to make every meal.  This totally defeated our purpose of getting Blue Apron.  Sure, we had all the food but we were spending so much time preparing it that we weren't spending time with our daughter.  I also wasn't a fan of not being able to pick you meals.  One night we received a potato pizza.  It was good but I don't think it was worth the money we were spending on it.
Sarah G.
I got a free box of blue apron last week with 2 meals: broccoli pasta with calabrian chile paste and black bean quesadillas with a side salad of roasted carrots and avocado. I thought both meals were pretty flavorful, and the recipe cards made it easy to follow the directions. Prepping the ingredients takes the most time. Also i dont like how the recipes involve adding salt 3-4 times per dish...that seems excessive and hard to know how much to add so i would just add it in once at the end. Also, for a meal service thats supposed to help you make restaurant quality meals it would have been nicef for them to give suggestions on how much salt and pepper to add, instead of just saying add to taste. Out of the meals i made, the roasted carrot side salad was actually my favorite- the pickled goathorn peppers were amazig and this is actually something i want to make again. The quesadillas and the pasta were good but not amazing, and i dont think they would be worth the price of a subscription. I would only buy blue apron in the future if they had some incredibly exotic meal with special ingredients that i really wanted to try,and even then i would rathereat it at a restaurant than have to make it and wash dishes.
Kristen N.
Parma, OH
I absolutely love Blue Apron. I live on my own and have a boyfriend, so I’m not cooking for a family but find the amount is perfect for us. When I cook just for me, I always have leftovers. I took a break over the summer due to my garden but started back up in the last month or so. I missed it! It’s great trying new recipes, and everything is super tasty. I’m not great at meal planning, and this helped me. When I don’t know what to make, I’m always happy I have this for the week. You can skip weeks, and they improved the selection, as you can get any three at any time, and even pick two for busy weeks. I’ve learned to be more selective, as I always ensure I get three meats (chicken, beef, steak, seafood) rather than a vegetarian meal to get more bang for my buck. I also know what my personal preferences are based on their recipes and stay away from dishes (or even weeks) if I don’t think the recipes reflect what I wanna make. See some of the pics of my best plated creation!
Tiffany M.
Weeki Wachee, FL
I honestly love this service so much. I have been ordering it for a couple of months. First of all, I love the free trial, so worth it. It was easy to sign up and choose meals according to my taste. They ship fairly quickly and i've never had any issues with anything not being frozen still. The first thing  I ever noticed about Blue Apron is their amazing packaging. Everything comes in separate containers and already measured out - it's AMAZING. They take so much of the work out of preparing an amazing meal. All the ingredients are always fresh, high quality, amazing. I never have came upon a wilted leaf, a bad veggie, nothing. The recipe cards are easy to follow and also you can find really helpful techniques and tips on their app. My favorite thing about Blue Apron is that they get you to try different ingredients, types of cuisine and techniques that you wouldn't otherwise try. I recommend Blue Apron to everyone I know. I know the $60 price scares some people but I feel like two people would spend that much going out to eat just once and instead you're getting 6+ meals and you didn't have to waste extra ingredients, come up with a recipe idea, go find high quality ingredients. I love this service.
Dinah B.
Windsor
I did a trial subscription for a couple of months.  I normally purchase fresh foods to cook so I wasn't sure if this would help me....and as for recipes, I can find all I would ever want on the internet.  The shipments were packaged very nicely and arrived cold.  The recipes were interesting, but most were not to my husband's liking.  Some of the fresh vegetables were not fresh, wilted, or blemished...the ones I would pass over at the grocer store.  I decided I could purchase the same items at the grocery store for much less money.  This is not for me.
Tina S.
This is the first home food delivery service I have tried. I am satisfied with the quality of the food and the portions. I read reviews before trying it and I think Blue Apron has read them too. Everything has been separated by what meal it goes with. I am doing the family-3 meal plan for my family of 3. So far, there have been no leftovers but no one is still hungry afterward. I am using this as a way to teach my 11 and 12 year old boys how to cook and it is great.
Stephanie S.
Piney Flats, TN
I've been using Blue Apron for about a month now.  I am so happy I chose to try this service.  I have a family of four (husband, me, two boys (ages 6 & 8).  I've had weight loss surgery so I don't each much as well as my boys.  We've been getting the boxes with enough to serve two and it's been plenty for all of us to eat on with some left over.  We are very busy, my husband and I both work full time and both of the boys are in school and sports.  It's nice knowing that I don't have to worry about planning a large majority of my meals PLUS I know all the meals will be delicous and healthier than eating fast food.  So far there has been nothing that we don't like.  Yes, some receipes are better than others, but they are all great.  The boxes come with everything you need with the exception of salt, pepper, and oil.  On top of that you get to keep the reciepe cards so I can always go to my local grocery store and purchase ingredients of anything I would like to make again.  Every week it's kind of exciting knowing that we get a new shipment with something new!
Peyton L.
Definitely not my favorite Meal Delivery Service.
At first, I really enjoyed Blue Apron, and the "out of the box" options that they offered that I wouldn't necessarily try to make or purchase on my own. My issue with the box is that the portions are fairly small for 2 people and that you can't select each of your meals individually, they give you "if you pick this, you can also get x and y, but not q, r, or s" if that makes sense.
The freshness of the meals, the ease of preparation, and the cooking directions are all wonderful. I just personally don't enjoy tons of spicy foods.
Mable C.
San Leandro, CA
I started my my first order 2 weeks ago, but on my 3rd week my order didn’t make it. I would say, I order this service to take the time out of planning for dinner. Instead I had to plan dinner this weeks because my order didn’t make it. Considering knowing things happens and the delivery at fault, I will still continue with the service because it cuts down on time for planning dinner, buying ingredients and having leftover in the fridge that I know for one that I will forget.
Jan H.
Redding
I have tried several home delivery meal services and Blue Apron is my favorite. I enjoy cooking new meals, but am often left with a bottle of something that I don't care for to make one meal. With Blue Apron, I am sent only what is needed, so it's actually more affordable than purchasing a whole bottle of something I may never use. I LOVE trying new recipes and have learned different cooking techniques that I never tried. It's like going to cooking school, but at home! The meals are packed in a very sturdy box and the ice packs keep everything nice and cold. I wasn't home when one box arrived and the next day when we got home, everything was still cold. The produce is very fresh and the meats and produce is all top quality. I also love that I can choose the meals I want and can skip a week (or more) if needed. I'm glad I finally broke down and tried Blue Apron. Always thought it was too expensive, but it's well worth the price.
Nikki S.
Harrison Twp, MI
I've heard mixed reviews on blue Apron. I know some people who love it and others who have been disappointed because they have gotten rotten or moldy foods. Had anyone had any issues?
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Is Blue Apron worth getting?
rosy R.
Has anyone try this? ??
B S.
West Palm Bch, FL
Just how good is Blue Apron? Are the items fresh and not some artificial tasting ingredients.
Teresa W.
Des Moines, IA
How healthy are these meals?