BY BLISTEX

Economy size. External Analgesic/Lip Protectant. Helps heal severe dryness and relieve cold sores. Penetrating medication & moisture. Blistex Lip Ointment's Advanced Moisture System delivers penetrating medication in a unique formula to relieve cold... see more...

• Is this product best for very dry and cracked lips? I hav...1 Answers
  • I really like Blistex's smoothie chapsticks but sometimes...2 Answers
  • How does it compare to other brands?8 Answers
Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment
  • "When it's winter I use this product and it is amazing!! When my lips are supper dry they help a lot!!" in 337 reviews
  • "I hate cold sores and this works very well I use it as soon as I feel one coming on and it goes right away " in 92 reviews
Leah S.
Purchased at: Walmart
Given 2 stars because this product is just ok and not worth buying in my opinion. I thought since it said “medication” that it would be really good for my lips, but I didn’t notice a difference at all other than the first few minutes but it didn’t last and kinda seemed to leave my lips dryer. I have really dry lips. The only time I use this is if I can’t find anything else. The taste and smell aren’t the best. Wouldn’t repurchase
Caileigh B.
Shoreline, WA
Purchased at: Walgreens
I use this daily. I literally have 3 of them and I enjoy them very much. My lips get super dry in the winter and they crack and it’s just bad. This is the ONLY chapstick that I have found that actually works and helps my lips heal!
I also prone to cold sores around the winter is if the corner of my mouth cracks and this product really helps prevent those from coming on.
Gidget M.
This is a pretty decent choice for winter months when your lips are feeling a little extra dry. I especially like to apply this before bed, but I carry it around in my purse for emergencies. The only bad thing about this is that it tends to leave a white residue on your lips if you aren't careful or are using it alone, so I wouldn't recommend using it so much during the day.   Blistex Medicated Ointment, 12 Count
Kate I.
Ephrata, PA
Purchased at: Amazon
I love how this feels— now really slimy, like a creamy ointment. It is soothing and cooling. But it helps with my chapped and dry lips, but it also wears off of my lips really easily and quickly, especially if I do a light layer. So, it is not one that I will put on while I am going out, it is one I slather on while I am watching tv or before I go to bed in a thick layer to really let it go at my lips and work its magic.
Cheryl M.
Worked pretty well. It is a white product so it did make my lips whitish. That I didn't like at all. I used it once. The packaging was okay. I like the tube it came in. It was effective. It made my lips soft. But I wouldn't but it again because of the slight discoloration it left on my lips
Olivia R.
Somerset
If you need something to heal your chapped lips quick this is the stuff! Always works great for me and I always get chapped lips in the winter. Blistex is my favorite brand and has been for years. It’s never failed! It’s even helped cold sores when i have used it in them before.
Leah K.
East Lansing
This is my favorite lip balm! It is the only one I use and it keeps my lips soft and healthy. Some people find the smell to be a little too medical, but it doesn't really bother me and it isn't very noticeable when you rub it into your lips. I love this product!
Hayley N.
Ashburn , VA
Purchased at: Walgreens
I bought this because I got a cold sore from being extremely dehydrated and my lips being very chapped (I had no lip balm in the desert, what a mistake!). I will say the smells is very.. medicated.. but it works well and I will continue to use this when needed!
Meagan N.
Glen Burnie, MD
Purchased at: Walmart
This one is okay I recommend using it at night before you go to bed. The price is nice for the quality but, it’s not as thick as I thought it would be and it does make my lips tingle a little bit but I kinda like when they tingle cause I feel like it’s working.
Kristin R.
Granger
Purchased at: Walgreens
This stuff is amazing for super dry and cracked winter lips. I used to get really chapped lips especially in the winter and this stuff definitely was effective! My only downside is the taste, it tastes like medicine... but it is medicinal so makes sense!
Emma P.
Lawrenceburg, KY
How does it compare to other brands?
Sara P.
I really like Blistex's smoothie chapsticks but sometimes they aren't enough. Will this moisturize my lips even more? And how does it taste and smell?
Gigi G.
Vancouver, CA
Is it suppose to burn/tingle a bit? I put mine on and my lips feel almost numb for 5 minutes?
Stephanie M.
Phoenix, AZ
Is this product best for very dry and cracked lips? I have been looking for a product to get my sister her lips get sunburnt all the time and crack really bad.