BY BLISTEX

Economy size. External Analgesic/Lip Protectant. Helps heal severe dryness and relieve cold sores. Penetrating medication & moisture. Blistex Lip Ointment's Advanced Moisture System delivers penetrating medication in a unique formula to relieve cold... see more...

• Is this product best for very dry and cracked lips? I hav...1 Answers
  • I really like Blistex's smoothie chapsticks but sometimes...2 Answers
  • How does it compare to other brands?8 Answers
Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment
  • "When it's winter I use this product and it is amazing!! When my lips are supper dry they help a lot!!" in 337 reviews
  • "I hate cold sores and this works very well I use it as soon as I feel one coming on and it goes right away " in 92 reviews
Kennie O.
The Holy Grail lip ointment!! I came across this when my local CVS didn't have the regular stick Blistex and I really only trust Blistex on my lips in the winter. I loved that it was i a tube container and the product lasts for so long in comparison to other brands that I've used!! The color of the product was a little weird for me (pure white when you first apply) but once you rub it in, it goes clear. I'm not sure what's "medicated" about it but I use this every morning before leaving for work and it protects my lips against this Michigan winter weather. Would definitely recommend!
ok so this product i cant live with out Especially in the winter time. The past 2 years all of a sudden the corners of my lips crack and it hurts to the point where i cant even  open my mouth!!!!! i was putting on regular chapstick and it just made it it worse! so i decided to buy Blistex medicated lip ointment and it saved my life! after a whole day of putting it on it made the corner of my lips much better! thank god! i now make sure i  carry one in my pocketbook as soon as winter starts!
Leah S.
Purchased at: Walmart
Given 2 stars because this product is just ok and not worth buying in my opinion. I thought since it said “medication” that it would be really good for my lips, but I didn’t notice a difference at all other than the first few minutes but it didn’t last and kinda seemed to leave my lips dryer. I have really dry lips. The only time I use this is if I can’t find anything else. The taste and smell aren’t the best. Wouldn’t repurchase
Traci S.
Shalimar
Purchased at: CVS
I used the Blistex Medicated Lip ointment on my severely chapped and cracked lips. They were extremely dry and chapped a few years years back and feeling very irritated. I needed a product that was going to not only provide moisture , but some sort of relief as well. This product worked well for that. I used it for about 2 wks and it made a big difference and helped heal my lips.
Christina đź”®.
Bridgeport CT
My lips get cracked, pop, and sometimes even bleed due to the cold weather in the east cost but Blistex medicated chap stick is the only chap stick that has medication inside to heal my cracked, dry and damaged lips that actually stop any pain I’m in too. It’s loose and water based formula is medicated to help people who get damaged lips from the bitter cold weather.
Jessica M.
This product is pretty thin in my opinion as I like my lip products to be pretty thick to get the full moisturizing effect. It also dries up quicker than I would like, but it does its job for a temporary moment. It doesn't last all day, but I keep it in my purse in case I ever need chapstick immediately.
Malia A.
Edmond, OK
Purchased at: Walmart
When my lips were so cracked they were bleeding this healed them and got them healthy and looking and feeling good again. It doesn’t take much at all so a tube lasts for a pretty long time. It has a minty feel to it and you definitely don’t want to lick your lips with it on because it tastes horrible!
Cheryl M.
Worked pretty well. It is a white product so it did make my lips whitish. That I didn't like at all. I used it once. The packaging was okay. I like the tube it came in. It was effective. It made my lips soft. But I wouldn't but it again because of the slight discoloration it left on my lips
Michelle L.
Mesa, AZ
I have pretty dry lips that will peel. I do lip scrubs as well but this is the only lip product that didn’t leave me NEEDING to reapply 5-10 times a day. 1-3 times maximum through out the day! This includes Midwest winters and surviving Arizona summer heats, this has been my go to for years.
Olivia R.
Somerset
If you need something to heal your chapped lips quick this is the stuff! Always works great for me and I always get chapped lips in the winter. Blistex is my favorite brand and has been for years. It’s never failed! It’s even helped cold sores when i have used it in them before.
Emma P.
Lawrenceburg, KY
How does it compare to other brands?
Sara P.
I really like Blistex's smoothie chapsticks but sometimes they aren't enough. Will this moisturize my lips even more? And how does it taste and smell?
Gigi G.
Vancouver, CA
Is it suppose to burn/tingle a bit? I put mine on and my lips feel almost numb for 5 minutes?
Stephanie M.
Phoenix, AZ
Is this product best for very dry and cracked lips? I have been looking for a product to get my sister her lips get sunburnt all the time and crack really bad.