BY BLISTEX

Economy size. External Analgesic/Lip Protectant. Helps heal severe dryness and relieve cold sores. Penetrating medication & moisture. Blistex Lip Ointment's Advanced Moisture System delivers penetrating medication in a unique formula to relieve cold... see more...

• Is this product best for very dry and cracked lips? I hav...1 Answers
  • I really like Blistex's smoothie chapsticks but sometimes...2 Answers
  • How does it compare to other brands?8 Answers
Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment
  • "When it's winter I use this product and it is amazing!! When my lips are supper dry they help a lot!!" in 337 reviews
  • "I hate cold sores and this works very well I use it as soon as I feel one coming on and it goes right away " in 92 reviews
Kennie O.
The Holy Grail lip ointment!! I came across this when my local CVS didn't have the regular stick Blistex and I really only trust Blistex on my lips in the winter. I loved that it was i a tube container and the product lasts for so long in comparison to other brands that I've used!! The color of the product was a little weird for me (pure white when you first apply) but once you rub it in, it goes clear. I'm not sure what's "medicated" about it but I use this every morning before leaving for work and it protects my lips against this Michigan winter weather. Would definitely recommend!
ok so this product i cant live with out Especially in the winter time. The past 2 years all of a sudden the corners of my lips crack and it hurts to the point where i cant even  open my mouth!!!!! i was putting on regular chapstick and it just made it it worse! so i decided to buy Blistex medicated lip ointment and it saved my life! after a whole day of putting it on it made the corner of my lips much better! thank god! i now make sure i  carry one in my pocketbook as soon as winter starts!
Leah S.
Purchased at: Walmart
Given 2 stars because this product is just ok and not worth buying in my opinion. I thought since it said “medication” that it would be really good for my lips, but I didn’t notice a difference at all other than the first few minutes but it didn’t last and kinda seemed to leave my lips dryer. I have really dry lips. The only time I use this is if I can’t find anything else. The taste and smell aren’t the best. Wouldn’t repurchase
Caileigh B.
Shoreline, WA
Purchased at: Walgreens
I use this daily. I literally have 3 of them and I enjoy them very much. My lips get super dry in the winter and they crack and it’s just bad. This is the ONLY chapstick that I have found that actually works and helps my lips heal!
I also prone to cold sores around the winter is if the corner of my mouth cracks and this product really helps prevent those from coming on.
Gidget M.
This is a pretty decent choice for winter months when your lips are feeling a little extra dry. I especially like to apply this before bed, but I carry it around in my purse for emergencies. The only bad thing about this is that it tends to leave a white residue on your lips if you aren't careful or are using it alone, so I wouldn't recommend using it so much during the day.   Blistex Medicated Ointment, 12 Count
Kate I.
Ephrata, PA
Purchased at: Amazon
I love how this feels— now really slimy, like a creamy ointment. It is soothing and cooling. But it helps with my chapped and dry lips, but it also wears off of my lips really easily and quickly, especially if I do a light layer. So, it is not one that I will put on while I am going out, it is one I slather on while I am watching tv or before I go to bed in a thick layer to really let it go at my lips and work its magic.
Malia A.
Edmond, OK
Purchased at: Walmart
When my lips were so cracked they were bleeding this healed them and got them healthy and looking and feeling good again. It doesn’t take much at all so a tube lasts for a pretty long time. It has a minty feel to it and you definitely don’t want to lick your lips with it on because it tastes horrible!
Cheryl M.
Worked pretty well. It is a white product so it did make my lips whitish. That I didn't like at all. I used it once. The packaging was okay. I like the tube it came in. It was effective. It made my lips soft. But I wouldn't but it again because of the slight discoloration it left on my lips
Olivia R.
Somerset
If you need something to heal your chapped lips quick this is the stuff! Always works great for me and I always get chapped lips in the winter. Blistex is my favorite brand and has been for years. It’s never failed! It’s even helped cold sores when i have used it in them before.
Noodle N.
Cold Spring
I have used this off and on for many years. I feel like it has healing properties.  The flavor and feeling is pretty intense.  I think it protects and heals in harsh weather. I have bought many tubes through the years. I buy this when I need powerful healing.
Emma P.
Lawrenceburg, KY
How does it compare to other brands?
Sara P.
I really like Blistex's smoothie chapsticks but sometimes they aren't enough. Will this moisturize my lips even more? And how does it taste and smell?
Gigi G.
Vancouver, CA
Is it suppose to burn/tingle a bit? I put mine on and my lips feel almost numb for 5 minutes?
Stephanie M.
Phoenix, AZ
Is this product best for very dry and cracked lips? I have been looking for a product to get my sister her lips get sunburnt all the time and crack really bad.