Blackfish uploaded by Krista c.

BY GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Blackfish
  • "This documentary was really interesting, and I found it to be very informative on the nature of Sea World and how they mistreat their aquatic animals." in 20 reviews
Taneshia B.
Taneshia B.
Although most of this movie is twisted and false to make sea world look like a terrible place. This movie was very well put together. I have to give this movie a bad grade as most of the movie isn't true and they are very deceptive.
Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.
Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, NS, NS, NS
This movie brought me to tears, I feel so bad for the animals that are treated like this! SO SAD
Teresa B.
Teresa B.
Victoria, BC
Amazing film. It shows how awful the captivity industry is. Your heart will be ripped out a few times while watching. These animals are so amazing, it is so tragic how they are kept in prison for the entertainment of humans. Watch this film to stand up for the rights of all animals.
Jordan H.
Jordan H.
Pop Culture Expert
This is an amazing documentary. I'm a huge animal person so when I first saw this in my redbox I had to get it. Everyone should watch this. It's unbelievable how selfish and cruel people can be for money. With such a well known company it's going to take a lot to shut this down but no poor animal deserves to have their life wasted away for ignorant, disgusting people to make money from. Words can't describe how I felt after watching this. I bought this movie just to show to people whenever I can.
Jess M.
Jess M.
Flower Mound
Does anyone know how accurate this documentary is?
Krista c.
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?