Blackfish uploaded by Krista c.

BY GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Blackfish
  • "This documentary was really interesting, and I found it to be very informative on the nature of Sea World and how they mistreat their aquatic animals." in 20 reviews
Erica E.
Washington, DC
An eye opening documentary.. makes me disgusted by the fact that places like sea world are allowed to be open
Julia R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this documentary and how whales should not be in kept captivity I thought this was so interesting
Kayla B.
Holley, NY
Such a great documentary. It's very eye-opening and is presented in a way that keeps you interested.
Jennifer J.
Phoenix, AZ
This really impacted how I look at the sea world franchise. I highly recommend it. A must see.
Emily  M.
Canandaigua, NY
Loved it! so informational, cried multiple times watching it. But was an amazing documentary.
Emma M.
Mt Pleasant, IA
This documentary makes you stop and think about the treatment of any animals in captivity.
Jody R.
Carrollton, OH
I liked hearing this side of the argument, however, there are two sides to every story.
Courtnay M.
This documentary made me so furious. I couldn't help but feel down and depressed the entire time watching it. You don't know what humans put these animals through until you watch this. I will never ever visit a marine world or sea world etc in my lifetime. Definitely an eye opening film that I think everyone should watch.
Jordan H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is an amazing documentary. I'm a huge animal person so when I first saw this in my redbox I had to get it. Everyone should watch this. It's unbelievable how selfish and cruel people can be for money. With such a well known company it's going to take a lot to shut this down but no poor animal deserves to have their life wasted away for ignorant, disgusting people to make money from. Words can't describe how I felt after watching this. I bought this movie just to show to people whenever I can.
Katherine B.
Calgary , AB
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Great movie! Everyone needs to see this. I am a huge marine life lover and believe that sea world should not exist! This movie really shows the behind scenes issues with companies like sea world and the more information that gets out there the sooner we can help these poor animals.
Jess M.
Flower Mound
Does anyone know how accurate this documentary is?
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?