Add a Photo

By GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE
#230 in Movies

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Photo (1)
brenda a.
brenda a.

My oldest son loves this kind of documental and anything related to the sea so we tend to watch this shows and try to do the best that we can to protect animals.
Maluhia K.
Maluhia K.
Silver Spring, MD

I was absolutely HORRIFIED and thoroughly disgusted when I watched this. I vowed to never go to Sea World or any of their affiliated parks after watching how poorly treated these animals are. Waht brought me to tears was the scene where they show you how they capture wild Orcas for the parks.
Holly B.
Holly B.
Richardson, TX

This amazing documentary opened my eyes to the animal abuse taking place in these live shows. Seeing how the orcas are treated broke my heart. After seeing wild orcas in Alaska, I could never go to another sea world or the like.
Lesa T.
Lesa T.

Okay I had to watching this for my writing class in college and well it sure opened my eyes. This is definitely a good documentary to watch if you want to know about the behind the screens abuse orcas go through.
Aimee M.
Aimee M.
Daytona Beach, FL

I enjoyed the movie because of all the old footage you got to see and the story behind how they got the orca's originally. I do how ever think everyone watching this documentary do research afterward on the people in this film because a lot of them have said that their stories and words were twisted among other things they found wrong with the film.
Courtnay M.
Courtnay M.

This documentary made me so furious. I couldn't help but feel down and depressed the entire time watching it. You don't know what humans put these animals through until you watch this. I will never ever visit a marine world or sea world etc in my lifetime. Definitely an eye opening film that I think everyone should watch.
Katherine B.
Katherine B.
Calgary , Alberta

Great movie! Everyone needs to see this. I am a huge marine life lover and believe that sea world should not exist! This movie really shows the behind scenes issues with companies like sea world and the more information that gets out there the sooner we can help these poor animals.
Taneshia B.
Taneshia B.

Although most of this movie is twisted and false to make sea world look like a terrible place. This movie was very well put together. I have to give this movie a bad grade as most of the movie isn't true and they are very deceptive.
Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.
Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, NS, NS, NS

This movie brought me to tears, I feel so bad for the animals that are treated like this! SO SAD
Jordan H.
Jordan H.

This is an amazing documentary. I'm a huge animal person so when I first saw this in my redbox I had to get it. Everyone should watch this. It's unbelievable how selfish and cruel people can be for money. With such a well known company it's going to take a lot to shut this down but no poor animal deserves to have their life wasted away for ignorant, disgusting people to make money from. Words can't describe how I felt after watching this. I bought this movie just to show to people whenever I can.
Krista c.
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA

Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?

Join Now