Add a Photo

By GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE
#229 in Movies

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Photo (1)
Casey H.
Casey H.
Knoxville, TN

This really made me feel terrible about ever going to seaworld! it's a very honest look into the practices of whale captivity. this movie is what made me become a vegetarian. not that i was eating whales before, just to clarify.
Ren M.
Ren M.
Homestead, PA

Heart wrenching story about the whales in Sea World and how badly they are mistreated. This documentary will make you never go to Sea World ever again. I cried watching this.
Erica E.
Erica E.
Washington, DC

An eye opening documentary.. makes me disgusted by the fact that places like sea world are allowed to be open
mayra H.
mayra H.
Royal Plm Bch, FL

This film really made me see Sea World differently. I've watched it at least five times. And Sea World was my favorite theme park! But the way these whales are living in such small areas is just heart breaking. Must watch.
Faith N.
Faith N.

Completely eye opening and puts a lot of things into perspective. I recommend this movie to everyone, especially when they start talking about a trip to Sea World...
Mila P.
Mila P.
Wilton Manors, FL

This documentary was amazing. It surprising and leaves you thinking. It will definitely change your perspective on how you see sea world and killer whales I really liked this documentary. really gave me a new perspective of the way things are handled at SeaWorld.
Aashma S.
Aashma S.
Wilmington, DE

Everyone should see this movie to learn the truth about orcas in captivity. It's a terrifying, heartbreaking, well-constructed argument and the images and interviews will haunt you. I can't wait until an equivalent documentary is done about other forms of animal captivity like circuses and zoos, etc.
Lexi G.
Lexi G.
Conway, SC

Everyone should watch this documentary! Its so informative and it pulls you right in. Amazing to see what they do behind closed doors. I'm a marine biology major and to me this is the most important thing for everyone to watch. Every marine biology major must see this! It is very sad to watch so just be prepared! It is sad but so informative and so very interesting.
Julia C.
Julia C.
Ridgefield Park, NJ

I an animal lover all the way from cats and dogs to bats and snakes. I work hands on with exotic animals at a wildlife center. When I found this documentary I was really impressed and astonished about how much I didn't know. Overall this was a very informative movie that caught my attention right off the bat. I strongly recommend this documentary to everyone!
Vanessa E.
Vanessa E.
Lemoore, CA

This is a powerful documentary. If you plan to watch this make sure you also plan on a box of tissues. The treatment of these beautiful animals at Sea World is sickening. Sea World and similar aquarium attractions need to be SHUT down,
Krista c.
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA

Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?

Join Now