Blackfish uploaded by Krista c.

BY GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Blackfish
  • "This documentary was really interesting, and I found it to be very informative on the nature of Sea World and how they mistreat their aquatic animals." in 20 reviews
Maluhia K.
Maluhia K.
Frederick, Md
Pop Culture Expert
I was absolutely HORRIFIED and thoroughly disgusted when I watched this. I vowed to never go to Sea World or any of their affiliated parks after watching how poorly treated these animals are. Waht brought me to tears was the scene where they show you how they capture wild Orcas for the parks.
brenda a.
brenda a.
Pop Culture Expert
My oldest son loves this kind of documental and anything related to the sea so we tend to watch this shows and try to do the best that we can to protect animals.
Vanessa E.
Vanessa E.
Lemoore, CA
This is a powerful documentary. If you plan to watch this make sure you also plan on a box of tissues. The treatment of these beautiful animals at Sea World is sickening. Sea World and similar aquarium attractions need to be SHUT down,
Lexi G.
Lexi G.
Elmira, NY
Pop Culture Expert
Everyone should watch this documentary! Its so informative and it pulls you right in. Amazing to see what they do behind closed doors. I'm a marine biology major and to me this is the most important thing for everyone to watch. Every marine biology major must see this! It is very sad to watch so just be prepared! It is sad but so informative and so very interesting.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
New Orleans, LA
Pop Culture Expert
This documentary made me cry like a baby! The treatment of those whales is heart wrenching. I will never go to seaworld again.
Kim S.
Kim S.
I thought this was a wonderful documentary, extremely educational, lots of insights and truths behind what's happening. Too bad it's in a sad way, but glad they made this to inform people!
Jody R.
Jody R.
Carrollton, OH
I liked hearing this side of the argument, however, there are two sides to every story.
Julia R.
Julia R.
Pop Culture Expert
I love this documentary and how whales should not be in kept captivity I thought this was so interesting
Lindsay K.
Lindsay K.
I am officially never going to see world again. I used to think it was a fun happy place to see the exotic fish and whales and dolphins but now it looks more like a prison for innocent creatures. This movie truly opened my eyes and hopefully a lot of others as well.
carmen s.
carmen s.
This documentary was amazing. It shows straight-up facts that not many people new about. It was very surprising and leaves you thinking. It will definitely change your perspective on how you see sea world and killer whales and why it is not the whales fault at all but actually the people who capture them.
Jess M.
Jess M.
Flower Mound
Does anyone know how accurate this documentary is?
Krista c.
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?