Add a Photo

By GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE
#224 in Movies

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Photo (1)
Danielle W.
Danielle W.
Los Angeles, CA

So in love with this documentary and I just feel so educated! I will not ever be returning to sea world after watching them steal babies from their parents in the wild. its beyond and cruel and sad to think how they really live when we arn't looking.
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
Rocky Mount, NC

I thought this was a great documentary. It was very informative, and it did not bash Seaworld. It provided factual information from prior employees and marine biologists.
Marisa J.
Marisa J.

I really liked this documentary. It was hard to watch but it really gave me a new perspective of the way things are handled at SeaWorld. It really opened my eyes.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Columbia, MD

This is giving the perspective of people who don't know about seaworld. You do feel for everyone but the opinion is for you to make. Definitely an eye opener if you know how this company really operates.
Casey H.
Casey H.
Knoxville, TN

This really made me feel terrible about ever going to seaworld! it's a very honest look into the practices of whale captivity. this movie is what made me become a vegetarian. not that i was eating whales before, just to clarify.
Ren M.
Ren M.
Homestead, PA

Heart wrenching story about the whales in Sea World and how badly they are mistreated. This documentary will make you never go to Sea World ever again. I cried watching this.
Erica E.
Erica E.
Washington, DC

An eye opening documentary.. makes me disgusted by the fact that places like sea world are allowed to be open
mayra H.
mayra H.
Royal Plm Bch, FL

This film really made me see Sea World differently. I've watched it at least five times. And Sea World was my favorite theme park! But the way these whales are living in such small areas is just heart breaking. Must watch.
Faith N.
Faith N.

Completely eye opening and puts a lot of things into perspective. I recommend this movie to everyone, especially when they start talking about a trip to Sea World...
Mila P.
Mila P.
Wilton Manors, FL

This documentary was amazing. It surprising and leaves you thinking. It will definitely change your perspective on how you see sea world and killer whales I really liked this documentary. really gave me a new perspective of the way things are handled at SeaWorld.
Krista c.
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA

Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?

Join Now