Blackfish uploaded by Krista c.

BY GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Blackfish
  • "This documentary was really interesting, and I found it to be very informative on the nature of Sea World and how they mistreat their aquatic animals." in 20 reviews
Lindsay K.
I am officially never going to see world again. I used to think it was a fun happy place to see the exotic fish and whales and dolphins but now it looks more like a prison for innocent creatures. This movie truly opened my eyes and hopefully a lot of others as well.
Jody R.
Carrollton, OH
I liked hearing this side of the argument, however, there are two sides to every story.
Jasmine P.
Chicago , IL
I love Killer Whales..whales in general! I think aquatics are really interesting. It was good to see the other side of the coin although I will still visit Sea World LOL
Julia R.
Pop Culture Expert
I love this documentary and how whales should not be in kept captivity I thought this was so interesting
Kayla B.
Holley, NY
Such a great documentary. It's very eye-opening and is presented in a way that keeps you interested.
Lauren S.
Knightdale, NC
Pop Culture Expert
Cried through most of it. I am completely appalled that any of this was able to go on let alone continue. sea world should and need to be shut down!!!
Amanda P.
Coventry, RI
This documentary was really interesting, and I found it to be very informative on the nature of Sea World and how they mistreat their aquatic animals. It was great to watch, but the subject is saddening (yet eye-opening)!
Faith N.
Completely eye opening and puts a lot of things into perspective. I recommend this movie to everyone, especially when they start talking about a trip to Sea World...
Maluhia K.
Frederick, Md
Pop Culture Expert
I was absolutely HORRIFIED and thoroughly disgusted when I watched this. I vowed to never go to Sea World or any of their affiliated parks after watching how poorly treated these animals are. Waht brought me to tears was the scene where they show you how they capture wild Orcas for the parks.
Holly B.
Richardson, TX
This amazing documentary opened my eyes to the animal abuse taking place in these live shows. Seeing how the orcas are treated broke my heart. After seeing wild orcas in Alaska, I could never go to another sea world or the like.
Jess M.
Flower Mound
Does anyone know how accurate this documentary is?
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?