Blackfish uploaded by Krista c.

BY GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Blackfish
  • "This documentary was really interesting, and I found it to be very informative on the nature of Sea World and how they mistreat their aquatic animals." in 20 reviews
Erica G.
vallejo, ca
Black fish has opened my eyes to a whole new light. this movie is very enlightening and very, very sad. it helps you understand the animals better and will make you hate all amusement parks that keep these animals captive for entertainment.
Katy M.
Lubbock, TX
Pop Culture Expert
This documentary was very interesting and educational. I was really shocked about some of the things and it made me sad for them. I'm so glad that this video was produced because it definitely brought more awareness to me about Orcas.
Ren M.
Homestead, PA
Heart wrenching story about the whales in Sea World and how badly they are mistreated. This documentary will make you never go to Sea World ever again. I cried watching this.
Holly B.
Richardson, TX
This amazing documentary opened my eyes to the animal abuse taking place in these live shows. Seeing how the orcas are treated broke my heart. After seeing wild orcas in Alaska, I could never go to another sea world or the like.
Jasmine P.
Chicago , IL
I love Killer Whales..whales in general! I think aquatics are really interesting. It was good to see the other side of the coin although I will still visit Sea World LOL
Jessica K.
Rocky Mount, NC
Pop Culture Expert
I thought this was a great documentary. It was very informative, and it did not bash Seaworld. It provided factual information from prior employees and marine biologists.
Michael D.
Sullivans Island, SC
This is a wonderful documentary that will make anyone cry and feel terrible for the many orcas in captivity. I'm glad this was produced to shed light on this heinous crime against nature.
Faith N.
Completely eye opening and puts a lot of things into perspective. I recommend this movie to everyone, especially when they start talking about a trip to Sea World...
Marisa J.
I really liked this documentary. It was hard to watch but it really gave me a new perspective of the way things are handled at SeaWorld. It really opened my eyes.
Lesa T.
Okay I had to watching this for my writing class in college and well it sure opened my eyes. This is definitely a good documentary to watch if you want to know about the behind the screens abuse orcas go through.
Jess M.
Flower Mound
Does anyone know how accurate this documentary is?
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?