Blackfish uploaded by Krista c.

BY GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Blackfish
  • "This documentary was really interesting, and I found it to be very informative on the nature of Sea World and how they mistreat their aquatic animals." in 20 reviews
Katy M.
Lubbock, TX
Pop Culture Expert
This documentary was very interesting and educational. I was really shocked about some of the things and it made me sad for them. I'm so glad that this video was produced because it definitely brought more awareness to me about Orcas.
Kim S.
I thought this was a wonderful documentary, extremely educational, lots of insights and truths behind what's happening. Too bad it's in a sad way, but glad they made this to inform people!
Jennifer J.
Phoenix, AZ
This really impacted how I look at the sea world franchise. I highly recommend it. A must see.
Esmeralda E.
This documentary is very eye opening and very informative, my heart broke and I cried at some parts. For those who say that this is false representing seaworld, seriously? No animal deserves to be locked up to be deprived of food just to do stupid tricks.
Jessica K.
Rocky Mount, NC
Pop Culture Expert
I thought this was a great documentary. It was very informative, and it did not bash Seaworld. It provided factual information from prior employees and marine biologists.
Erica G.
vallejo, ca
Black fish has opened my eyes to a whole new light. this movie is very enlightening and very, very sad. it helps you understand the animals better and will make you hate all amusement parks that keep these animals captive for entertainment.
Danielle W.
Los Angeles, CA
So in love with this documentary and I just feel so educated! I will not ever be returning to sea world after watching them steal babies from their parents in the wild. its beyond and cruel and sad to think how they really live when we arn't looking.
Ren M.
Munhall, PA
Heart wrenching story about the whales in Sea World and how badly they are mistreated. This documentary will make you never go to Sea World ever again. I cried watching this.
Lizzy  K.
Wow, one of the better documentaries found on Netflix. Very disturbing exposure of the behind-the-scenes reality of Sea World
Emily  M.
Canandaigua, NY
Loved it! so informational, cried multiple times watching it. But was an amazing documentary.
Jess M.
Flower Mound
Does anyone know how accurate this documentary is?
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?