Blackfish uploaded by Krista c.

BY GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Blackfish
  • "This documentary was really interesting, and I found it to be very informative on the nature of Sea World and how they mistreat their aquatic animals." in 20 reviews
Jessica K.
Jessica K.
Rocky Mount, NC
Pop Culture Expert
I thought this was a great documentary. It was very informative, and it did not bash Seaworld. It provided factual information from prior employees and marine biologists.
Marisa J.
Marisa J.
I really liked this documentary. It was hard to watch but it really gave me a new perspective of the way things are handled at SeaWorld. It really opened my eyes.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Columbia, MD
Pop Culture Expert
This is giving the perspective of people who don't know about seaworld. You do feel for everyone but the opinion is for you to make. Definitely an eye opener if you know how this company really operates.
Casey H.
Casey H.
Knoxville, TN
This really made me feel terrible about ever going to seaworld! it's a very honest look into the practices of whale captivity. this movie is what made me become a vegetarian. not that i was eating whales before, just to clarify.
Faith N.
Faith N.
Completely eye opening and puts a lot of things into perspective. I recommend this movie to everyone, especially when they start talking about a trip to Sea World...
This movie brings you inside the world of seaworld's orca whales. You truly feel bad for these giant Whales who are trapped inside small cages. It is an amazing movie and you learn a lot from watching it! I watched it for free on netflix. Highly recommend.
Julia C.
Julia C.
Ridgefield Park, NJ
I an animal lover all the way from cats and dogs to bats and snakes. I work hands on with exotic animals at a wildlife center. When I found this documentary I was really impressed and astonished about how much I didn't know. Overall this was a very informative movie that caught my attention right off the bat. I strongly recommend this documentary to everyone!
Ren M.
Ren M.
Homestead, PA
Heart wrenching story about the whales in Sea World and how badly they are mistreated. This documentary will make you never go to Sea World ever again. I cried watching this.
Erica E.
Erica E.
Washington, DC
An eye opening documentary.. makes me disgusted by the fact that places like sea world are allowed to be open
mayra H.
mayra H.
Royal Plm Bch, FL
Pop Culture Expert
This film really made me see Sea World differently. I've watched it at least five times. And Sea World was my favorite theme park! But the way these whales are living in such small areas is just heart breaking. Must watch.
Jess M.
Jess M.
Flower Mound
Does anyone know how accurate this documentary is?
Krista c.
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?