Add a Photo

By GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE
#224 in Movies

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Photo (1)
Lindsay K.
Lindsay K.

I am officially never going to see world again. I used to think it was a fun happy place to see the exotic fish and whales and dolphins but now it looks more like a prison for innocent creatures. This movie truly opened my eyes and hopefully a lot of others as well.
Lesa T.
Lesa T.

Okay I had to watching this for my writing class in college and well it sure opened my eyes. This is definitely a good documentary to watch if you want to know about the behind the screens abuse orcas go through.
carmen s.
carmen s.

This documentary was amazing. It shows straight-up facts that not many people new about. It was very surprising and leaves you thinking. It will definitely change your perspective on how you see sea world and killer whales and why it is not the whales fault at all but actually the people who capture them.
Kim S.
Kim S.

I thought this was a wonderful documentary, extremely educational, lots of insights and truths behind what's happening. Too bad it's in a sad way, but glad they made this to inform people!
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
New Orleans, LA

This documentary made me cry like a baby! The treatment of those whales is heart wrenching. I will never go to seaworld again.
Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.
Glace Bay, Nova Scotia, NS, NS

This movie brought me to tears, I feel so bad for the animals that are treated like this! SO SAD
Taneshia B.
Taneshia B.

Although most of this movie is twisted and false to make sea world look like a terrible place. This movie was very well put together. I have to give this movie a bad grade as most of the movie isn't true and they are very deceptive.
Michael D.
Michael D.
Sullivans Island, SC

This is a wonderful documentary that will make anyone cry and feel terrible for the many orcas in captivity. I'm glad this was produced to shed light on this heinous crime against nature.
Erica G.
Erica G.
vallejo, ca

Black fish has opened my eyes to a whole new light. this movie is very enlightening and very, very sad. it helps you understand the animals better and will make you hate all amusement parks that keep these animals captive for entertainment.
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Knightdale, NC

Cried through most of it. I am completely appalled that any of this was able to go on let alone continue. sea world should and need to be shut down!!!
Krista c.
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA

Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?

Join Now