Add a Photo

By GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE
#230 in Movies

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Photo (1)
Lindsay K.
Lindsay K.

I am officially never going to see world again. I used to think it was a fun happy place to see the exotic fish and whales and dolphins but now it looks more like a prison for innocent creatures. This movie truly opened my eyes and hopefully a lot of others as well.
Julia R.
Julia R.

I love this documentary and how whales should not be in kept captivity I thought this was so interesting
Jody R.
Jody R.
Carrollton, OH

I liked hearing this side of the argument, however, there are two sides to every story.
Kim S.
Kim S.

I thought this was a wonderful documentary, extremely educational, lots of insights and truths behind what's happening. Too bad it's in a sad way, but glad they made this to inform people!
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
New Orleans, LA

This documentary made me cry like a baby! The treatment of those whales is heart wrenching. I will never go to seaworld again.
crystal g.
crystal g.
San Antonio, TX

Wow this documentary was an eye opener i really enjoyed going to sea world when i was a child but never knew of all the behind the scenes and how these animals suffer ! i don't think i will be visiting sea world ever again after watching this
Eliana  S.
Eliana S.
Orlando, FL

Very touching documentary, made me realize a different aspect towards animal life at the parks. Get educated.
Michael D.
Michael D.
Sullivans Island, SC

This is a wonderful documentary that will make anyone cry and feel terrible for the many orcas in captivity. I'm glad this was produced to shed light on this heinous crime against nature.
Erica G.
Erica G.
vallejo, ca

Black fish has opened my eyes to a whole new light. this movie is very enlightening and very, very sad. it helps you understand the animals better and will make you hate all amusement parks that keep these animals captive for entertainment.
Holly B.
Holly B.
Richardson, TX

This amazing documentary opened my eyes to the animal abuse taking place in these live shows. Seeing how the orcas are treated broke my heart. After seeing wild orcas in Alaska, I could never go to another sea world or the like.
Krista c.
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA

Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?

Join Now