Blackfish uploaded by Krista c.

BY GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Blackfish
  • "This documentary was really interesting, and I found it to be very informative on the nature of Sea World and how they mistreat their aquatic animals." in 20 reviews
Julia C.
Ridgefield Park, NJ
I an animal lover all the way from cats and dogs to bats and snakes. I work hands on with exotic animals at a wildlife center. When I found this documentary I was really impressed and astonished about how much I didn't know. Overall this was a very informative movie that caught my attention right off the bat. I strongly recommend this documentary to everyone!
Lauren G.
Tampa, FL
If you are interested in a Documentary that showcases the horrid truth of one of the most well known famous attractions in the United States, then you must watch this. It will open your eyes to the truth of what is really going on behind the Shamu show at Sea World.
carmen s.
This documentary was amazing. It shows straight-up facts that not many people new about. It was very surprising and leaves you thinking. It will definitely change your perspective on how you see sea world and killer whales and why it is not the whales fault at all but actually the people who capture them.
Maluhia K.
Frederick, Md
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I was absolutely HORRIFIED and thoroughly disgusted when I watched this. I vowed to never go to Sea World or any of their affiliated parks after watching how poorly treated these animals are. Waht brought me to tears was the scene where they show you how they capture wild Orcas for the parks.
Lindsay K.
I am officially never going to see world again. I used to think it was a fun happy place to see the exotic fish and whales and dolphins but now it looks more like a prison for innocent creatures. This movie truly opened my eyes and hopefully a lot of others as well.
Jessica H.
Ontario, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
The document seemed a little fake. And one of the actors admitted to lying after the movie was released . A lot of the people were old so it just made me think now that they are retired from sea world they want something to do so they bash the hand the feeds them .
Christine L.
Catonsville, MD
It completely opens your eyes to what Sea World really is. The way they used Tilikum as a sperm donor is sickening. What really made me cry was when they separated moms from their babies. When is that ever alright?! A definitely must watch if you like to be informed.
Jaclyn A.
Palo Alto, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I think it's really important to measure our impact on the environment is such an honest way. It's hard for me to watch movies like this because I can't go on living the same way and that's what makes this movie so good. We have got to do more to affect change.
Mila P.
Wilton Manors, FL
This documentary was amazing. It surprising and leaves you thinking. It will definitely change your perspective on how you see sea world and killer whales I really liked this documentary. really gave me a new perspective of the way things are handled at SeaWorld.
Danielle W.
Los Angeles, CA
So in love with this documentary and I just feel so educated! I will not ever be returning to sea world after watching them steal babies from their parents in the wild. its beyond and cruel and sad to think how they really live when we arn't looking.
Jess M.
Flower Mound
Does anyone know how accurate this documentary is?
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?