Add a Photo

By GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE
#224 in Movies

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Photo (1)
Janet D.
Janet D.
Old Orchd Bch, ME

This documentary is shocking, disturbing. SeaWorld is an absolute disgrace and this documentary shows just how awful they treat the beautiful whales. Boycott SeaWorld!
Marissa G.
Marissa G.
Smithville, TN

This movie is so sad but opens up your eyes in the horror that really occurs. Bring the tissue. Don't go to Sea Workd without first watching this.
Jordan H.
Jordan H.

This is an amazing documentary. I'm a huge animal person so when I first saw this in my redbox I had to get it. Everyone should watch this. It's unbelievable how selfish and cruel people can be for money. With such a well known company it's going to take a lot to shut this down but no poor animal deserves to have their life wasted away for ignorant, disgusting people to make money from. Words can't describe how I felt after watching this. I bought this movie just to show to people whenever I can.
Eliana  S.
Eliana S.
Orlando, FL

Very touching documentary, made me realize a different aspect towards animal life at the parks. Get educated.
brenda a.
brenda a.

My oldest son loves this kind of documental and anything related to the sea so we tend to watch this shows and try to do the best that we can to protect animals.
crystal g.
crystal g.
San Antonio, TX

Wow this documentary was an eye opener i really enjoyed going to sea world when i was a child but never knew of all the behind the scenes and how these animals suffer ! i don't think i will be visiting sea world ever again after watching this
Aimee M.
Aimee M.
Daytona Beach, FL

I enjoyed the movie because of all the old footage you got to see and the story behind how they got the orca's originally. I do how ever think everyone watching this documentary do research afterward on the people in this film because a lot of them have said that their stories and words were twisted among other things they found wrong with the film.
Vanessa E.
Vanessa E.
Lemoore, CA

This is a powerful documentary. If you plan to watch this make sure you also plan on a box of tissues. The treatment of these beautiful animals at Sea World is sickening. Sea World and similar aquarium attractions need to be SHUT down,
Lesa T.
Lesa T.

Okay I had to watching this for my writing class in college and well it sure opened my eyes. This is definitely a good documentary to watch if you want to know about the behind the screens abuse orcas go through.
Holly B.
Holly B.
Richardson, TX

This amazing documentary opened my eyes to the animal abuse taking place in these live shows. Seeing how the orcas are treated broke my heart. After seeing wild orcas in Alaska, I could never go to another sea world or the like.
Krista c.
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA

Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?

Join Now