Add a Photo

By GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE
#244 in Movies

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Photo (1)
Aashma S.
Aashma S.
Wilmington, DE

Everyone should see this movie to learn the truth about orcas in captivity. It's a terrifying, heartbreaking, well-constructed argument and the images and interviews will haunt you. I can't wait until an equivalent documentary is done about other forms of animal captivity like circuses and zoos, etc.
crystal g.
crystal g.
San Antonio, TX

Wow this documentary was an eye opener i really enjoyed going to sea world when i was a child but never knew of all the behind the scenes and how these animals suffer ! i don't think i will be visiting sea world ever again after watching this
Eliana  S.
Eliana S.
Orlando, FL

Very touching documentary, made me realize a different aspect towards animal life at the parks. Get educated.
brenda a.
brenda a.

My oldest son loves this kind of documental and anything related to the sea so we tend to watch this shows and try to do the best that we can to protect animals.
Aimee M.
Aimee M.
Daytona Beach, FL

I enjoyed the movie because of all the old footage you got to see and the story behind how they got the orca's originally. I do how ever think everyone watching this documentary do research afterward on the people in this film because a lot of them have said that their stories and words were twisted among other things they found wrong with the film.
Vanessa E.
Vanessa E.
Lemoore, CA

This is a powerful documentary. If you plan to watch this make sure you also plan on a box of tissues. The treatment of these beautiful animals at Sea World is sickening. Sea World and similar aquarium attractions need to be SHUT down,
carmen s.
carmen s.

This documentary was amazing. It shows straight-up facts that not many people new about. It was very surprising and leaves you thinking. It will definitely change your perspective on how you see sea world and killer whales and why it is not the whales fault at all but actually the people who capture them.
Lesa T.
Lesa T.

Okay I had to watching this for my writing class in college and well it sure opened my eyes. This is definitely a good documentary to watch if you want to know about the behind the screens abuse orcas go through.
Holly B.
Holly B.
Richardson, TX

This amazing documentary opened my eyes to the animal abuse taking place in these live shows. Seeing how the orcas are treated broke my heart. After seeing wild orcas in Alaska, I could never go to another sea world or the like.
Julia C.
Julia C.
Ridgefield Park, NJ

I an animal lover all the way from cats and dogs to bats and snakes. I work hands on with exotic animals at a wildlife center. When I found this documentary I was really impressed and astonished about how much I didn't know. Overall this was a very informative movie that caught my attention right off the bat. I strongly recommend this documentary to everyone!
Krista c.
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA

Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?