Blackfish uploaded by Krista c.

BY GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Blackfish
  • "This documentary was really interesting, and I found it to be very informative on the nature of Sea World and how they mistreat their aquatic animals." in 20 reviews
Meza A.
Winter Park, FL
Seaworld is a great learning experience and so much fun. I have gone many times. But I just don't understand why they can't continue with there park but with out the massive intelligent emotional animals in tanks! They need to FREE THE WHALES AND DOLPHINS. ORCAS DON'T HAVE ANY PREDATORS AND MY OCEANOGRAPHER PROFESSOR SAID THEY WOULD SURVIVE JUST FINE. Very eye opening documentary, some critics say its 'propaganda' and some seaworld employees regret being in it and say there words were twisted around. BUT IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE either way the whales are suffering. Wild orcas MIGRATE and swim tons of miles a day, and they simply can not be happy and healthy in a tank!
Caity C.
You need to watch this movie if you truly love and care about animals. It breaks my heart how much pain and suffering Sea World and other entertainment facilities are causing to these beautiful creatures. Animals are not meant to be put on display for our viewing entertainment. This film will make you uncomfortable, which is exactly what it's meant to do.
Lexi G.
Conway, SC
Everyone should watch this documentary! Its so informative and it pulls you right in. Amazing to see what they do behind closed doors. I'm a marine biology major and to me this is the most important thing for everyone to watch. Every marine biology major must see this! It is very sad to watch so just be prepared! It is sad but so informative and so very interesting.
Stephanie G.
It's so hard to review this movie. All that they do is bash SeaWorld, yet it is called a documentary. No. It is all one-sided. SeaWorld doesn't do a lot of things that they did back in the day, yet Blackfish made it seem like they still do. It was sad to see whales put through some of the stuff in the movie, but it didn't make me never want to go to SeaWorld again.
Julia C.
Ridgefield Park, NJ
I an animal lover all the way from cats and dogs to bats and snakes. I work hands on with exotic animals at a wildlife center. When I found this documentary I was really impressed and astonished about how much I didn't know. Overall this was a very informative movie that caught my attention right off the bat. I strongly recommend this documentary to everyone!
carmen s.
This documentary was amazing. It shows straight-up facts that not many people new about. It was very surprising and leaves you thinking. It will definitely change your perspective on how you see sea world and killer whales and why it is not the whales fault at all but actually the people who capture them.
Maluhia K.
Frederick, Md
I was absolutely HORRIFIED and thoroughly disgusted when I watched this. I vowed to never go to Sea World or any of their affiliated parks after watching how poorly treated these animals are. Waht brought me to tears was the scene where they show you how they capture wild Orcas for the parks.
Lindsay K.
I am officially never going to see world again. I used to think it was a fun happy place to see the exotic fish and whales and dolphins but now it looks more like a prison for innocent creatures. This movie truly opened my eyes and hopefully a lot of others as well.
Christine L.
Catonsville, MD
It completely opens your eyes to what Sea World really is. The way they used Tilikum as a sperm donor is sickening. What really made me cry was when they separated moms from their babies. When is that ever alright?! A definitely must watch if you like to be informed.
Mila P.
Wilton Manors, FL
This documentary was amazing. It surprising and leaves you thinking. It will definitely change your perspective on how you see sea world and killer whales I really liked this documentary. really gave me a new perspective of the way things are handled at SeaWorld.
Jess M.
Flower Mound
Does anyone know how accurate this documentary is?
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?