Blackfish uploaded by Krista c.

BY GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Blackfish
  • "This documentary was really interesting, and I found it to be very informative on the nature of Sea World and how they mistreat their aquatic animals." in 20 reviews
Caity C.
Caity C.
Pop Culture Expert
You need to watch this movie if you truly love and care about animals. It breaks my heart how much pain and suffering Sea World and other entertainment facilities are causing to these beautiful creatures. Animals are not meant to be put on display for our viewing entertainment. This film will make you uncomfortable, which is exactly what it's meant to do.
Allison D.
Allison D.
Kemah
This documentary killed me, it was so very sad and eye opening. I heard though that parts of it aren't 100% true? Either way, it was a good watch.
Aashma S.
Aashma S.
Wilmington, DE
Everyone should see this movie to learn the truth about orcas in captivity. It's a terrifying, heartbreaking, well-constructed argument and the images and interviews will haunt you. I can't wait until an equivalent documentary is done about other forms of animal captivity like circuses and zoos, etc.
Faith N.
Faith N.
Completely eye opening and puts a lot of things into perspective. I recommend this movie to everyone, especially when they start talking about a trip to Sea World...
Julia C.
Julia C.
Ridgefield Park, NJ
I an animal lover all the way from cats and dogs to bats and snakes. I work hands on with exotic animals at a wildlife center. When I found this documentary I was really impressed and astonished about how much I didn't know. Overall this was a very informative movie that caught my attention right off the bat. I strongly recommend this documentary to everyone!
Ren M.
Ren M.
Homestead, PA
Heart wrenching story about the whales in Sea World and how badly they are mistreated. This documentary will make you never go to Sea World ever again. I cried watching this.
Erica E.
Erica E.
Washington, DC
An eye opening documentary.. makes me disgusted by the fact that places like sea world are allowed to be open
mayra H.
mayra H.
Royal Plm Bch, FL
Pop Culture Expert
This film really made me see Sea World differently. I've watched it at least five times. And Sea World was my favorite theme park! But the way these whales are living in such small areas is just heart breaking. Must watch.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Columbia, MD
Pop Culture Expert
This is giving the perspective of people who don't know about seaworld. You do feel for everyone but the opinion is for you to make. Definitely an eye opener if you know how this company really operates.
Casey H.
Casey H.
Knoxville, TN
This really made me feel terrible about ever going to seaworld! it's a very honest look into the practices of whale captivity. this movie is what made me become a vegetarian. not that i was eating whales before, just to clarify.
Jess M.
Jess M.
Flower Mound
Does anyone know how accurate this documentary is?
Krista c.
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?