Blackfish uploaded by Krista c.

BY GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Blackfish
  • "This documentary was really interesting, and I found it to be very informative on the nature of Sea World and how they mistreat their aquatic animals." in 20 reviews
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
I absolutely loved this documentary. It shed light on something so many people know so little about. Whats even more amazing is that after this came out, SeaWorld literally stopped keeping orcas in captivity. I heard that parts of this were fabricated and untrue. but either way. It saved beautiful creatures from living in captivity their whole lives in a tank they don't belong in. A must watch for sure
Alex P.
Elizabeth, PA
Great documentary with eye opening stories and evidence behind what really goes on at SeaWorld. It's crazy to actually see some of the stuff and hear from people who actually worked there fora period of time. This makes you want to never go somewhere like that ever again. It's really interesting and I definitely believe it's a must watch for everyone.
Brad N.
Raleigh, NC
This was absolutely eye opening. i went to sea world as a kid and loved it, but now as an adult, i wish it was shut down. it's not right to keep these poor animals in such confined spaces. whales need more room thatn they are given at sea world to survive.
Meza A.
Winter Park, FL
Seaworld is a great learning experience and so much fun. I have gone many times. But I just don't understand why they can't continue with there park but with out the massive intelligent emotional animals in tanks! They need to FREE THE WHALES AND DOLPHINS. ORCAS DON'T HAVE ANY PREDATORS AND MY OCEANOGRAPHER PROFESSOR SAID THEY WOULD SURVIVE JUST FINE. Very eye opening documentary, some critics say its 'propaganda' and some seaworld employees regret being in it and say there words were twisted around. BUT IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE either way the whales are suffering. Wild orcas MIGRATE and swim tons of miles a day, and they simply can not be happy and healthy in a tank!
Danielle M.
Sacramento , CA
Omg, this documentary was such an eye opener for me. I cried so much, I am a huge animal lover, so watching this was hard. I am really happy I took the time to watch this a lot of what they talk about are things people ignore or things that are swept under the rug . I think this was a very informative and well put together documentary , if you have the time sit down and watch it.
Caity C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
You need to watch this movie if you truly love and care about animals. It breaks my heart how much pain and suffering Sea World and other entertainment facilities are causing to these beautiful creatures. Animals are not meant to be put on display for our viewing entertainment. This film will make you uncomfortable, which is exactly what it's meant to do.
Monica O.
San Antonio, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I found this documentary on orkas to be very disturbing. While I do understand that all of these animals are wild I did not know to what extent their psyches were being damaged in facilities such as Sea World. The innate need to hunt and kill is not being managed thus causing trainers and animals to be hurt and killed in captivity. This documentary exposes the whole dirty truth. A true eye opener.
Erin C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I usually never watch documentaries like this, or basically at all but I am so glad I did. It really makes you understand what happens behind the scenes at places like Sea World and I will never go to one again. They treat their animals horribly and should be closed down.
Lexi G.
Elmira, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Everyone should watch this documentary! Its so informative and it pulls you right in. Amazing to see what they do behind closed doors. I'm a marine biology major and to me this is the most important thing for everyone to watch. Every marine biology major must see this! It is very sad to watch so just be prepared! It is sad but so informative and so very interesting.
Stephanie G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
It's so hard to review this movie. All that they do is bash SeaWorld, yet it is called a documentary. No. It is all one-sided. SeaWorld doesn't do a lot of things that they did back in the day, yet Blackfish made it seem like they still do. It was sad to see whales put through some of the stuff in the movie, but it didn't make me never want to go to SeaWorld again.
Jess M.
Flower Mound
Does anyone know how accurate this documentary is?
Krista c.
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?