Add a Photo

By GABRIELA COWPERTHWAITE
#224 in Movies

Killer whales are beloved, majestic, friendly giants, yet infamous for their capacity to kill viciously. Blackfish unravels the complexities of this dichotomy, employing the story of the notorious performing whale Tilikum, who — unlike any orca in the wild — has taken the lives of several people while in captivity. Blackfish expands on the discussion of keeping such intelligent creatures in captivity.

Photo (1)
Philadelphia, PA

I absolutely loved this documentary. It shed light on something so many people know so little about. Whats even more amazing is that after this came out, SeaWorld literally stopped keeping orcas in captivity. I heard that parts of this were fabricated and untrue. but either way. It saved beautiful creatures from living in captivity their whole lives in a tank they don't belong in. A must watch for sure
Monica O.
Monica O.
San Antonio, TX

I found this documentary on orkas to be very disturbing. While I do understand that all of these animals are wild I did not know to what extent their psyches were being damaged in facilities such as Sea World. The innate need to hunt and kill is not being managed thus causing trainers and animals to be hurt and killed in captivity. This documentary exposes the whole dirty truth. A true eye opener.
Danielle M.
Danielle M.
Sacramento , Ca

Omg, this documentary was such an eye opener for me. I cried so much, I am a huge animal lover, so watching this was hard. I am really happy I took the time to watch this a lot of what they talk about are things people ignore or things that are swept under the rug . I think this was a very informative and well put together documentary , if you have the time sit down and watch it.
Caity C.
Caity C.

You need to watch this movie if you truly love and care about animals. It breaks my heart how much pain and suffering Sea World and other entertainment facilities are causing to these beautiful creatures. Animals are not meant to be put on display for our viewing entertainment. This film will make you uncomfortable, which is exactly what it's meant to do.
Courtnay M.
Courtnay M.

This documentary made me so furious. I couldn't help but feel down and depressed the entire time watching it. You don't know what humans put these animals through until you watch this. I will never ever visit a marine world or sea world etc in my lifetime. Definitely an eye opening film that I think everyone should watch.
Katherine B.
Katherine B.
Calgary , Alberta

Great movie! Everyone needs to see this. I am a huge marine life lover and believe that sea world should not exist! This movie really shows the behind scenes issues with companies like sea world and the more information that gets out there the sooner we can help these poor animals.
Erin C.
Erin C.

I usually never watch documentaries like this, or basically at all but I am so glad I did. It really makes you understand what happens behind the scenes at places like Sea World and I will never go to one again. They treat their animals horribly and should be closed down.
Lauren G.
Lauren G.
29 Palms, CA

If you are interested in a Documentary that showcases the horrid truth of one of the most well known famous attractions in the United States, then you must watch this. It will open your eyes to the truth of what is really going on behind the Shamu show at Sea World.
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Ontario , Ca

The document seemed a little fake. And one of the actors admitted to lying after the movie was released . A lot of the people were old so it just made me think now that they are retired from sea world they want something to do so they bash the hand the feeds them .
Brad N.
Brad N.
Raleigh, NC

This was absolutely eye opening. i went to sea world as a kid and loved it, but now as an adult, i wish it was shut down. it's not right to keep these poor animals in such confined spaces. whales need more room thatn they are given at sea world to survive.
Philadelphia, PA

Anyone else hear that parts of this were fabricated? If so, what parts?

Join Now