Blackberry Smart Phone uploaded by Juliette N.Blackberry Smart Phone uploaded by Heidi K.

BY BLACKBERRY #68 in Smartphones

Blackberry Smart Phone
  • "Although they are considered old and out-dated I do actually miss my blackberry I use to be able to text without even looking but that's difficult with touch screen." in 19 reviews
  • "The battery life of this phone is awesome and the apps that I normally use (messaging, phone, email, etc) rarely ever caused me any problems." in 9 reviews
  • "There hasn't really been a lot of product innovation in recent years, and so their phones aren't too different from what they used to be a few years ago." in 8 reviews
  • "I used to LOVE this phone, if I wasnt so into the new touch screen on my android I would totally go back to it!" in 6 reviews
  • "Texting and calling are fine but If you're looking to play games and search the web, your definitely better off using something else." in 5 reviews
Daniella H.
Scarsdale, NY
I don’t have a blackberry anymore but when I did I really loved it! It was so solid and not as easy to break as an iPhone. I know some people think the keys are a little too
Small but this wasn’t a problem for me. Not as sleek as the touch screen phones that are so popular today but works great!
Andrea C.
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a priv and I love it!!! It goes nice and fast and does everything and more, It runs android which is perfect to keep up with all the necessary google apps thats are needed in todays world but it also has the blackberry hub which groups all my messages together and makes it way easier to use than a regular android phone. I have a real keyboard which makesit easier to txt with out looking at the screen .
Jessica J.
omg i love black berry's its too bad i havent seen any more after iphobes and Samsung came up...
this phone used to be my favorite it has a nice key board it ran fast the bbm was awsome i really do home they come out with new phone soon
juan carlos c.
son buenos equipos en lo que respecta a los niveles de seguridad del sistema operativo algo caracteristico co en lacompañia rim sin embargo  sus este equipo como sus compañeros de esta gama quedaron atras sin actualizaciones y sin nuevas versiones, quedaron obsoletos
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Techie Expert Level 2
This was probably the longest lasting cell phone I have had, yeah it's not the most stylish phone but it worked and very well. Unlike my new phone that wont even let me access the play store correctly. I was sad when I ended up losing this phone because it worked so well.
Jessica R.
Marenisco, MI
I kind of miss my blackberry. I had one my senior year of high school and I loved my cute pink phone. I didn't like the screen though because of how small it was. I'm happy I switched to IPhone but sometimes I miss my blackberry.
Eric A.
Milltown, NJ
It all depends on how much you put into it. You can't be cheap and buy a curve and expect the reliability and speed of a bold. Personally I've owned the curve and the bold and I have to say, the Bold is a really solid phone. Both physically and metaphorically. The bold can hold up so well that I never had to put a case on it! It's a great phone, and I love my old blackberry. The only concerns are with the battery and how it runs out quickly and also, be aware that sometimes there may be problems as with any smartphone but provided you have a good carrier, there shouldn't be any problems.
When I had the curve, it was an okay phone but it felt very cheap and too plastic-y. I eventually grew to love it until it would constantly freeze. My bold NEVER froze but the curve would always have that darned clock pop up on the screen.
Lisa A.
Anna, TX
I owned a BlackBerry and LOVED it. If you need to have your Outlook with you at all times, this is the tech gadget for you. But you need to understand that it's NOT meant to do much else. Although there are apps for it, the BlackBerry is quite slow in comparison to other smartphones. If you go into using it with realistic expectations, you'll be fine. Also know that you MUST establish an account with BlackBerry App World in order to properly update your BB. Without it you BB will never receive necessary updates and will stop working eventually. I also loved the BBM feature, which is BlackBerry's own messaging app. It only gets a B, as my BB was not reliable. It stopped working properly in 9 months, and I take very good care of my gadgets.
Juanita B.
Atlanta, GA
I own a BB and an iPhone. I've had a BB since forever but after the 9100, BB couldn't and wasn't keeping up with the "tech times" in my world (LOL) so I kept it up with my iPhone and eventually went back to the BB when I saw the Q10. It's pretty awesome. Some interface changs have been made. I reaaaaaaly hate that there isn't a @blackberry email account anymore. I wish I was told this before I traded in my old bb bc I have no idea what my password was for my @blackberry account.
I still think apple and google have am upper hand here.
Kim U.
Orlando, FL
Techie Expert Level 2
I LOVE Blackberry phones.. I am sad to hear they are being phased out though :((((
I started out with a Curve and it took some major hits to it. That sucker took a lickin and kept on going. It was the most durable phone I have ever had. Then I had the misfortune to switch to an iPhone. HATED it. Went right back to Blackberry. Again, wonderful phone. Very durable, which is good for parents with small children. I'm quite rough on my phones so I was ecstatic to have such long living phones. My one and only gripe about this phone is that the keyboard "clicks" when you type. If there was a way to get rid of that sound so I could text at night in bed without waking people up it would be THE PERFECT phone.
patty a.
Did you ever have to replace your phone more than once?
Jesus R.
Jõgeva
Good phone?
Keonna B.
Saint Louis, MO
Do you think Blackberry will ever be apple to compete with top of the line smart phones again?