Blackberry Smart Phone uploaded by Juliette N.Blackberry Smart Phone uploaded by Heidi K.

BY BLACKBERRY #68 in Smartphones

Blackberry Smart Phone
  • "Although they are considered old and out-dated I do actually miss my blackberry I use to be able to text without even looking but that's difficult with touch screen." in 19 reviews
  • "The battery life of this phone is awesome and the apps that I normally use (messaging, phone, email, etc) rarely ever caused me any problems." in 9 reviews
  • "There hasn't really been a lot of product innovation in recent years, and so their phones aren't too different from what they used to be a few years ago." in 8 reviews
  • "I used to LOVE this phone, if I wasnt so into the new touch screen on my android I would totally go back to it!" in 6 reviews
  • "Texting and calling are fine but If you're looking to play games and search the web, your definitely better off using something else." in 5 reviews
Amanda B.
The Blackberry was my first experience with a smart phone. Compared to an iPhone, the Blackberry is a very functional phone. Good for writing a lot of emails and text messages (I do miss the actual keys as opposed to the virtual keyboard on the iPhone) but not so good for fun things like photography or game playing. Internet browsing was also not as easy as it is on an iPhone. But for what you get and if you don't need the bells and whistles of a fancy touch screen, this is a good, solid phone.
Karla B.
Indianapolis, IN
I switched from BlackBerry to iPhone in 2011. I was a BB addict, member of the crackberry forums, and loved my berry. I never left home without it and recommended it to all my friends and family. I still have all of my 4 models tucked away in case I ever need to go back. The OS was easy for me to use and felt intuitive. The only reason I switched away from BlackBerry was because most smartphone apps are for Android and iPhone only. I really miss by BlackBerry.
Kasey H.
Charleston, WV
I had a Blackberry curve 8530. I'm an 18 year old girl, no business person and I LOVED mine. It was so nice and organized and I've had many phones since I had my Blackberry and I always miss it. I'm actually thinking about getting it turned back of for a while. Once you've had a Blackberry you'll always miss it. The scrolling is SO smooth with the track pad and everything is right where you need it. I also have small fingers so the small keys never gave me a problem.
Nanor M.
North Hills, CA
I've owned about three blackberries in the past 3 years and i have to say that they're an okay phone. it's pretty easy to use and i like the touch screen scroll button but other than that I don't think it's really updated. It doesn't reach up to the level of other phones. It's great for people who just want to listen to music, text, go on social networking websites (not instagram)and just go about their day. You cant really add too much games because it freezes up fast. You also have to get used to the small keyboard which may be a problem for those who have rather large thumbs. Overall not a horrible phone but not great either.
Adrienne J.
Washington, DC
Techie Expert Level 2
Just got the BlackBerry as my work phone, and I'm very pleased with it so far. It's a bit of a tough transition for an iPhone user in private life, but it definitely suits my work needs. I haven't quite figured this out, but it's best feature is how it seems to turn off on the weekend and not send me loud notifications.
Kate M.
I was so excited to get my Blackberry but had it for less than a year because I was disappointed in its lack of functioning. It's really good for e-mailing, but there's a character limit for texting which is so annoying, and you have to keep sending multiple messages. The internet hardly works with this phone and doesn't load. I also had problems with the whole phone shutting off randomly and taking 20 minutes to reboot. Wouldn't recommend.
Rob C.
There is a reason why business men and women prefer this over any other company even the alluring iphone. The UI (user interface) is without a doubt seamless and very user friendly switching between messages to email to explorer and back with ease. Not only this but your personal life can coexist on this device its truly a special phone, and not to mention the reliability of this device to always come through, quality hands down.
Stephanie L.
Highland, CA
I love blackberries. I have had two in the past 3 or so years and I still love them even though iPhones are the new cool thing. Don't get me wrong, I'd love an iPhone but I'll settle with my blackberry for now...it's got bbm that iPhones don't have. So there's something different! Also! I've dropped my phone in the toilet and fallen into a pool with it and the old rice trick works every time! Good as new! Boo-ya!
Melissa S.
Spokane, WA
As a FORMER Blackberry user, I can say that they are definitely my favorite phone. I miss my BB & wish I still had one. I loved the trackball and the size/shape of the buttons. The phone is perfect for anyone with a busy schedule as it had everything you needed to be organized and have basically your whole life on your cell phone. Super easy to web browse and you can switch from app to app quickly and easily.
Audrey T.
Omaha, NE
I had a blackberry for 5 plus years. I was extremely happy with it. Within the last few years blackberry hasn't implemented anything that the competition has done. Slowly blackberry just fell behind the rest. It was unfortunate because blackberry paved the way for "imesage" and other chat apps that are now pretty popular. BBM was a main feature that I looked forward to while having a blackberry.
patty a.
Did you ever have to replace your phone more than once?
Jesus R.
Jõgeva
Good phone?
Keonna B.
Saint Louis, MO
Do you think Blackberry will ever be apple to compete with top of the line smart phones again?