BY BLACK UP

A makeup primer that mattifies shiny zones, supports oil control, and minimizes the look of pores. The Perfect Mattifying Primer leaves skin with an even matte finish and it helps to reduce the appearance of pores while it controls excess sebum. Formulated to minimize and smooth the look of pores, it leaves a long-lasting matte finish on even the oiliest of skin types. It leaves skin feeling velvety-soft and smooth for superior makeup hold that lasts all day. It is formulated Without: - Parabens This product is free of fragrance. Founded in 1999 by an African makeup artist, Black Up is the first upscale beauty brand dedicated to women of color. The Paris-based line is known for its range of professional-quality makeup and skin care that answer the specific needs of darker skintones. see more...

• Has anyone ever tried this primer ? Or does anyone currently use ...2 Answers
  • How well does this work and where can I get it and how much I use...2 Answers
Mahi V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Although I am Not a fan of silicone type primers, I still gave this a try to see how well it would control my oil around my t-zone. It wasn’t anything extraordinary or life changing. For the price you can buy much cheaper options at the drugstore.
Sarah M.
BELLFLOWER, CA
Best primer I've tried!
I initially received a sample new fell in love immediately with it, so I had to purchase the full size! It is pretty pricey but worth it! I have so many other high and primers and non compare. This prime is mattifying, blures pored and keeps my mkwuo beautiful all day long! [product:black-up-perfect-matifying-primer-1.01-oz]
Gladys D.
Williamstown , NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Hands down not good for oily skin. I received this as a sample from Sephora. With having oily skin the word mattifying was what I wanted to hear. But unfortunately I have this under all off my favorite foundation, u know my tried and true foundation formulas. And with all I got very glossy and shiny about 4 hours later. And once I blotted or repowder I was back to being a shiny hot mess within an hour. This primer has the same feel of the smash box photo finishing primer. I will not be buying the full size
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
The biggest turnoff for this product is the smell: it's really strong and unpleasant. It fades quickly once applied, but wow. The gel texture is odd (I'm used to a creamier primer), but it dried quickly and left my skin very smooth. My jar concealers applied more smoothly than it does even for my go to primer and blended out really well without any graininess that I've gotten from other primers. My powder foundation applied evenly and had a bit more of a natural look to it. If this didn't have such a strong smell and did more blurring/pore cover up, I'd probably use it on a fairly regular basis.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have given this more than a fair chance. I've tried it about 5 different times under different foundations of different coverages and finishes and at different times of year. Now I get that this is a black owned brand for the black community and that makes sense for some of their products but things like this should be pretty universal so I don't think a woman of color would have any better luck if her skin type was like mine.
For reference I'm extremely oily and have had hormonal acne for 15 years that is now adult sometimes cystic acne. I have a lot of texture and some dryness under my eyes and on healing acne when its a scab.
When I apply this the chemical smell is almost suffocating. I'm not sensitive to scents whatsoever. I wear perfume and scented lotion and bodywash and many other scented products layered daily. I can take scent. But this was just overbearing.
It went on with the silicone feel of smashbox photo finish primer but a little more oily feeling. It did keep the oil at bay a bit but not anything real noticeable. It also made my makeup sink into lines I didn't even know I had under my eyes. It did keep my makeup in place so it did do its job but for the price its not performing better than other primers around the same price point per ounce ($44 per ounce exclusively sold at sephora).
Granted things like this react differently to everyones chemistry and facial problems so you may like it. I just think there's a lot better out there for the same price or similar.
Bekka S.
Vincennes, IN
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of the worst primers I have used. It is supposed to be mattifying and control oil, but I actually think this one made me more oily around my nose and cheek/nose area. This one just feels greasy to me. I got mine as a deluxe sample, and I will not be purchasing.
Nicole H.
Baxter, KY
How well does this work and where can I get it and how much I use Elf primers and love them but always willing to try something new
Tahlia C.
Clarksville, TN
Has anyone ever tried this primer ? Or does anyone currently use this ?? I am thinking about it, but it has a steep price tag ($44) for a 1.01 fl oz bottle.