BY BLACK OPAL

Keep Shine at Bay While Looking Beautifully Flawless. Hypoallergenic. Light coverage. For all skin types. Dries to a perfect matte finish This lightweight, oil-free, hypoallergenic formula contains pure silk powders to help refine pores.  Vitamins A & E work to protect skin while Allantoin and Panthenol provide comfort and smoothing benefits.  The pigment-balancing ingredients also help ensure stay true colors without any ashiness. . see more...

Diana S.
Review for: Other more...
I wanted to like this and I do. Coverage and build up is great, I grabbed a sand (I believe) and it worked out for me as a daily when I just wanted even skin tone. But it ends there because of my sensitive skin it made certain areas of my face itchy. No rashes, but the itchiness drove me nuts whenever the sensation occurred. But honestly, great foundation. If they ever re-formulate the foundation I’ll definitely revisit.
Katrina W.
Decatur, GA
Review for: Beautiful Bronze more...
I have used this product since I had my makeup done for junior prom in high school. This foundation is easy to use and apply. It gives me that even coverage I desire. Black Opal True Color Liquid Foundation
Michelle C.
Stamford, CT
I have to say, this is probably one brand I've splurged on in the past few months now. I don't think they're getting the recognition they deserve. I really like that they are black owned & pertain to a wide range of WOC.

Pros: With their new package & the use of a pump, it's easier to dispense how much you actually need for application. Also, the foundation applies really well! Looks like skin. I think this foundation is more suitable for those with normal to dry skin as oppose to those with oily or combo skin type. Although it says it's a matte finish, it's very light weight with light to medium coverage.

Cons: I only have a few cons but nothing serious that they cannot be fixed... The foundation transfer a lot especially if you apply a lot. I suggest taking your time with this foundation. Going section to section. & setting it immediately. Some of the darker shades can apply really red or orange & it can be a sight if you're more golden or yellow toned or even more olive, neutral or pink toned. I think the main downside is not knowing your shade. They should have a description of what undertones their foundations are, like how other brands would do. It'll be helpful in the long run. Even if you think you know your shade, it can be the wrong one :(

I still highly recommend this brand because the quality in their foundations are pretty good. My cons are pretty minor, but if you're an MUA, then these would be suitable for your kit for sure! & price wise, they're pretty good. $11, which is pretty normal for drugstore foundation prices these days. They normally have sales on their foundations & other face products. & that's when I go about & stock up on their products! This brand is pretty versatile so I believe it's suitable for everyone & anyone, no matter your skin type.
Erica T.
Review for: Other more...
I tried a sample of the Black Walnut and loved it. I believe you can buy it from Walmart. It had a nice smooth texture but it really wasn’t enough to know it it is full coverage or not. It is not a matte finish so you would need to set it with some powder or matte setting spray. But from the sample, I did like it enough to buy the full size and give that a try.
Esther A.
Review for: Beautiful Bronze, Other more...
Definitely would recommend to women of color. I love the thickness and how it can almost serve as a full coverage foundation. One thing I would say is that it does give a dewy finish and if you have oily skin, make sure to set your face longer or prime with a loose powder so your face isn't shiny.
Deshonte B.
Belle Glade, FL
Loooove this foundation. I don't know why I didn't try BO before but having it now is like a dream come true. The undertones are perfect, the color match-- spot on (beautiful bronze if you're wondering), the coverage is meh, definitely buildable though. I look radiant with this foundation, moreso than I have with any other and the color it goes on is the color it stays. no oxidizing, no tint later on, it's stays beautiful. If you're still struggling to find a drugstore foundation for chocolate women, give BO a try. Attached photo is light coverage for the first and full for the second.
Nicole L.
homosassa, FL
Finally a make-up perfect for my complexion! I have olive skin but on the lighter shade. Most commercial brands totally mess up the tan and darker shades. I use Black Opal Creme stick foundation in Kalahari Sand and love it! I can control where i use more or less of it and have mastered the art of using every last bit of it! I just ordered 4 more bottles this am !
Marlena S.
This foundation is amazing. It gives a flawless, oil-free matte finish without looking dry and cakey. Unfortunately it's been discontinued by Black Opal but it's still being sold at other retailers for under $10. For the price, it's an absolutely stunning product. Proof that drugstore brands can perform just as good and sometimes better than luxury brands.
Khalia P.
Norristown, PA
I love this foundation! It blends out gorgeously. I love the skin like finish,it's a nice medium coverage foundation that can be built up if you desire to. It claims to have a matte finish, but for me it's satin than matte.
Toby C.
BALTIMORE, MD
I love this Foundation it covers beautifully. When I wear this foundation it look like me skin. I have very oily skin it last for about 5-7 hours on me. It don't change colors on my skin. It not a lot of money I pay $4.99 to $6.99. I will buy this foundation again and again.
Emily A.
Trying to find a new liquid foundation. My problem is that I find most of them don't last long. It looks perfect when you first put it on, but merely two hours later you need to reapply. How is this product in relation to this?
Tiannia H.
I've heard about this brand, is it really good for women of color?
sandra t.
San Diego, CA
I need something that isint going to damage my skin or make me breakout what are some of your opinions to this product?
Chantay T.
Is this good for full coverage?
Kish L.
Bronx, NY
Is the foundation any good