BY BLACK OPAL

Keep Shine at Bay While Looking Beautifully Flawless. Hypoallergenic. Light coverage. For all skin types. Dries to a perfect matte finish This lightweight, oil-free, hypoallergenic formula contains pure silk powders to help refine pores.  Vitamins A & E work to protect skin while Allantoin and Panthenol provide comfort and smoothing benefits.  The pigment-balancing ingredients also help ensure stay true colors without any ashiness. . see more...

Michelle C.
Michelle C.
Stamford, CT
I have to say, this is probably one brand I've splurged on in the past few months now. I don't think they're getting the recognition they deserve. I really like that they are black owned & pertain to a wide range of WOC.

Pros: With their new package & the use of a pump, it's easier to dispense how much you actually need for application. Also, the foundation applies really well! Looks like skin. I think this foundation is more suitable for those with normal to dry skin as oppose to those with oily or combo skin type. Although it says it's a matte finish, it's very light weight with light to medium coverage.

Cons: I only have a few cons but nothing serious that they cannot be fixed... The foundation transfer a lot especially if you apply a lot. I suggest taking your time with this foundation. Going section to section. & setting it immediately. Some of the darker shades can apply really red or orange & it can be a sight if you're more golden or yellow toned or even more olive, neutral or pink toned. I think the main downside is not knowing your shade. They should have a description of what undertones their foundations are, like how other brands would do. It'll be helpful in the long run. Even if you think you know your shade, it can be the wrong one :(

I still highly recommend this brand because the quality in their foundations are pretty good. My cons are pretty minor, but if you're an MUA, then these would be suitable for your kit for sure! & price wise, they're pretty good. $11, which is pretty normal for drugstore foundation prices these days. They normally have sales on their foundations & other face products. & that's when I go about & stock up on their products! This brand is pretty versatile so I believe it's suitable for everyone & anyone, no matter your skin type.
Rebecca H.
Rebecca H.
Bloomfield, CT
This product was the first liquid foundation i have tried. So, I'm not sure how it ranks among other brands. But, I do believe it gives enough coverage and its goes on smoothly. I prefer using it with a pressed powder though for a matte like finish. I think it would be fun to add some ingredients that would allow healing of scars and bumps. Just my suggestion.
Marlena S.
Marlena S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This foundation is amazing. It gives a flawless, oil-free matte finish without looking dry and cakey. Unfortunately it's been discontinued by Black Opal but it's still being sold at other retailers for under $10. For the price, it's an absolutely stunning product. Proof that drugstore brands can perform just as good and sometimes better than luxury brands.
Candice C.
Candice C.
Newport News, VA
This foundation has just the right amount of coverage and is extremely easy to apply. It's black girl friendly and isn't expensive at all! Great for many skin types. I have recommended it to all my friends and many of them use it. Only down side is that it oxidizes a teeny bit on my skin
Toby C.
Toby C.
Baltimore, MD
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this Foundation it covers beautifully. When I wear this foundation it look like me skin. I have very oily skin it last for about 5-7 hours on me. It don't change colors on my skin. It not a lot of money I pay $4.99 to $6.99. I will buy this foundation again and again.
sade E.
sade E.
BROOKLYN, NY
My favorite favorite drug store foundation. Definitely a must try for women of color. I've been using this for years and years, even before I started using more expensive foundations and my love for it is always on, a regularly staple on my vanity.
Lys K.
Lys K.
I love this foundation! Perfect for the summer and just the right amount of coverage! It's goes on smoothly and gives you the perfect feet look! I'm so glad I found this makeup brand! The colors are really true to the skin tone.
Khalia P.
Khalia P.
Norristown, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this foundation! It blends out gorgeously. I love the skin like finish,it's a nice medium coverage foundation that can be built up if you desire to. It claims to have a matte finish, but for me it's satin than matte.
Verma-Elizabeth G.
Verma-Elizabeth G.
Atlanta, GA
This is one of my favorite drugstore foundations . I have to get it every time I come to the beauty supply! It's honestly the best , it's easy to apply , it goes on the skin so smoothly . I absolutely would recommend this
Fifi M.
Fifi M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love it! For its price it's definitely worth it! Gives a natural finish. I have dry skin so it didn't get patchy and didn't leave any dry spots anywhere. I use it often and it lasts a while, I use this on regular days :)
Emily A.
Emily A.
Trying to find a new liquid foundation. My problem is that I find most of them don't last long. It looks perfect when you first put it on, but merely two hours later you need to reapply. How is this product in relation to this?
sandra t.
sandra t.
San Diego, CA
I need something that isint going to damage my skin or make me breakout what are some of your opinions to this product?
Tiannia H.
Tiannia H.
I've heard about this brand, is it really good for women of color?
Chantay T.
Chantay T.
Is this good for full coverage?
Ashlyn J.
Ashlyn J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this good for oily skin?