BY BITE BEAUTY #83 in Lip Care

• "I put it on before bed, and wake up with super soft lips." in 1 review
Carrie B.
Carrie B.
Review for: Clear
When I say I love this product, I mean I am deeply crazy head over heels for this lip mask. I have insanely dry lips. Always. Summer, Fall, Winter. Always dry. People always say, "Oh man, my lips get chapped during the winter." and I'm like, if only I had it that easy. I have this disgusting habit of licking, chewing, picking, etc of my lips. The get so much abuse from me and I never thought they would ever get better. Wearing lipstick was almost impossible before I found this product. I'm serious, okay!

I put this on every night after brushing my teeth and sleep with it on. The first day I woke up, it was already helping my lips. After I made it routine my lips were perfect. I use "normal chapstick" during the day just to keep up with it, but I owe the restoration of my lips to this product.

The only cons this product has is it's taste (it's not unbearable, but I'm not a huge fan. Honestly, this is just a personal problem really) and the packing. I hate lip care products that you have to put on with your finger. It is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to them. Also, after awhile the bottle starts to fade slightly fall apart, but it's not a big deal at all.

It's pricey but worth it. WORTH IT WORTH IT. Seriously, why haven't you bought this yet?

La Nita D.
La Nita D.
Review for: Smashed
I'll be honest, I have great lips. I am never bothered with any sort of dry, chapped, or other. I love my skin, and love a soft, intensely moisturized pout. I own Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Smashed, Natural, and Champagne (they perform the same, however Natural is definitely best suited for overnight lip care as it can be a bit unflattering if applied too heavy), with Smashed being my absolute favorite, and the only I will repurchase simply for the rosy hue in which it beautifully coats my lips for well over seven hours (I am a fan). It is uncannily a rich, long lasting lip mask (thick), deeply soothing; and sure to annihilate drying, chapping, and other.
Nancy J.
Nancy J.
Augusta, ME
Review for: Champagne Pearl
I bought this lip mask at Sephora. The price , currently $26.00 on the website, seemed a bit high at the time , but you do get A LOT of product in the tube and a little goes a long way. This mask is a leave on product. It supposed to replenish moisture to the lips. What I especially like about it, is that it is comprised of all natural ingredients. What I put on my lips and skin is very important to me, so this appealed.

Since I purchased this product, Sephora appears to have come out with some new versions (a satin and shimmer finish selection) mine has a slight sheen and very subtle glow to it, or maybe that's just my imagination. The consistency is remarkably thick and my biggest complaint is how hard it is to squeeze it out of the tube. Especially during the winter months, when the air is dry and cool, the product just doesn't want to come out. It's like squeezing dried up glue almost. Once it warms on my finger and I apply it to the lips, the masque is luxuriously moisturizing. It instantly melts like coconut oil onto the lips, but it is thicker than that and forms a film that moisturizes throughout the day. I find I rarely need to reapply if I put it on in the morning. It also smells and tastes terrific, like a natural fruity scent and taste.

Overall, I like the product a lot and I would purchase again. There are probably other equally moisturizing lip products on the market for less money, but this one goes a long way and has a very unique texture and feel that have lasting power and make my lip liner slide on. Beware, though, this is pretty slipper and lip liner/lipstick can feather with it if you don't set them.
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
Columbia, SC
Review for: Clear
I love this lip mask! In the summer, I had started a prescription medication for my severe acne which caused my lips to dry out immensely. My lips became so dry that my skin would peel off and leave my lips raw in pain. Also, the corners of my mouth cracked every time I opened my mouth to eat, talk, or even smile. I tried everything from regular chapstick, EOS, Carmex, Aquaphor, and even Vaseline. None of them did the trick. But this. This stuff saved me! It's quite a thick formula, which provides long lasting moisture and staying power. It smells amazing and gave my lips the moisture they'd been dying for! Just in one day I saw a huge difference. For once my lips didn't burn and felt normal. I could never leave the house without this product. If my lips went without it, my lips would become raw again. Definitely worth every penny!
Isa E.
Isa E.
Goodsoil, SK
Review for: Clear
I've tried so many lip balms that haven't worked, and to find this lip mask feels like a god send. In Canada, this sells pretty steep (around $30) so I was hesitant to buy it. I'm so glad I did! I use it overnight, and it lasts a full eight hours of wear. My lips get dry a lot, by wearing a lot of liquid and matte lipsticks, but the bite lip mask is a life saver. I will likely repurchase it. The only con I have with this product is the packaging, it's a bit hard to squeeze out of the tube since the formula is so thick and can tend to be sticky. Worth it though! The BEST part of this lip mask (and Bite Beauty) is that the product is gluten free. Having celiac disease, I have to be cautious of lip products, especially lip balm. It's awesome not having to worry about ingesting any lip balm with this on (AND, if you're Canadian like me, try the maple flavored one! It's heaven in a tube!)
Constance M.
Constance M.
Norfolk, VA
Review for: Clear
Love, Love, Love Bite's Agave Lip Mask! I just can't say enough about their lip products! If you are at all interested in super soft lips just wear this to bed & it will still be on in the morning! Superb staying power & a pleasantly sweet flavor - if you just happen to lick your lips ;) Perfect to use year 'round but especially helpful in combating those dry, chapped wintertime lips. I know what you're thinking... it's a bit expensive for what looks to be a little tube, but fear not. A little of this goes a long way and it lasts forever (well, not quite "forever" but you know what I mean)! I use this frequently and am just now starting my second tube. Just be careful and apply it to the lip area only (try not to stray outside your lip-line) as it may otherwise cause a breakout especially for those with sensitive skin. As others have mentioned, the foil/metal type tube can be a bit of a challenge at times (hard to squeeze out product if it's cold & difficulty getting the last bits out of the tube). Who knows... maybe they'll have a more user friendly packaging design in the future. However, don't let this minor drawback prevent you from getting this though, unless you're not interested in having the softest lips ever!
Meagan W.
Meagan W.
Review for: Clear
This is my favorite lip product- hands down. This is the only product that has healed my lips. I am constantly picking at my lips because they get chapped very easily. I have very dry skin and my lips follow the same way, they crack and peel and I'll chew on them so they get worse and bleed. I found this product on the Sephora site and knew I needed to try it. Burt's Bees has never done anything, carmax slides right off, and Fresh sugar worked ok, but didn't last long enough to be useful through the day or at night. One night's use of the Bite lip mask and the next morning I felt like I had received new lips. They were soft and they were noticeably healed much more than they were. A few nights and it was like I had never had a problem. The affects do only last a day or so, but I think that's because of how much I still pick at them during the day and that I love matte lipsticks if I wear any. The packaging is hard to use, the foil was a pain but there is a picture cap in the lid, I just didn't notice it until too late, and the product is hard to get out if the tube is cold. I usually warm it up by sticking the tube somewhere warm for a few minutes before I apply it, that helps a lot in getting it out.
Lydia P.
Lydia P.
Review for: Smashed
I LOVE this product! It is super hydrating. It takes care of my chapped lips easily and keeps them moisturized and soft for hours. The "Smash" shade is just the perfect amount of pigment to make my lips look natural, healthy, and glowing. It is definitely worth the price. The tube is really hard to use though.
katie p.
katie p.
Myrtle Beach, SC
Review for: Clear
Just started using this mask and omg is it amazing. It makes your lips feel amazing when you first put it on. Definitely worth the price!
Nancy W.
Nancy W.
Dallas, TX
Review for: Clear
I have bought this tube 2 times! This is something that I truly love and never want to go without! I put this on every night before I go to bed and my lips are always hydrated and soft. In the winter time I apply during the day as well to prevent those nasty, dry, chapped winter lips. I want to try some of the colored options so I can wear it during the daytime more often since I love having at least a little color on my lips.
Jessica D.