BY BITE BEAUTY

• "I put it on before bed, and wake up with super soft lips." in 1 review
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
Review for: Clear more...
CAN I PLEASE GIVE THIS 10 STARS?? Okay, sorry for the screaming there. I have been eyeing this lip mask up for about a month, after my accutane-dry lips decided to crack in the corners (which makes for super painful talking, smiling, yawning, you name it). The price really is what kept me from purchasing for so long. But I tried literally everything I could possibly think of/find online that was a cheaper alternative to help with my cracked lip corners, and although some products did help somewhat, by the end of every day my lips were in pain again. Cue me going to Sephora for the 6th time in the last few weeks, and me actually working up the courage to purchase a $26 bottle of lip product that I heard rave reviews about from accutane users but was honestly unsure how much better it’d work over the products recommended by my dermatologist. Well, I’ve had it for 24 hours now, and I woke up with those stubborn cracks nearly healed! This was just an overnight application. WOW!

This product is super thick and actually stays on your lips for what seems like an infinite amount of time. Even after sleeping for a full 9 hour night, I woke up with the product just how I had left it when I went to bed the night before. Even some of the highly recommended products don’t stay on all night. I washed my face, accidentally yawned without product on (usually an in for my lips to continue painfully cracking), and started to cringe, but nothing. My lips didn’t re-crack all over again like they’ve been for a month now!

Also, it smells (and tastes) delicious. It has this kind of sweet vanilla/agave flavor going for it that isn’t too overwhelming (I usually don’t love strong scents).

Seriously, the price is the only con. But I’d pay it in a heartbeat again if I knew that it would pretty much instantly heal my super dry, stubbornly cracked lips. If you have dry lip problems that aren’t relieved by any other product, seriously fit this product into your budget! It’s a life saver.
Mara R.
Duarte, CA
Review for: Clear, Smashed, Champagne Pearl more...
WHERE IN HEAVEN DID THIS PRODUCT COME FROM?????

Literally, I don't think I have ever had a lip product that I have used every morning, noon, and night. I wish I could remember the name of the Sephora employee that recommended this product, but I plan to go back and give him the biggest and most best survey allowed.

First:
These 3 color options are AMAZING!!!! They are very subtly colored, fairly shimmery, and POWERFUL at killing all things chapped.

Second:
The fact that they hand make their products with real ingredients makes this lip mask safe and gentle enough that I use it on my little son before bed (My boy has never had a chapped lip in his life since I bought this).

When I first saw the price I thought it was kind of expensive for the product. HOWEVER!!!! after using this for MONTHS and still not even finishing my first tube, I went back and bought 2 in each color. I will probably have enough of this product to last me, my son, and my mother the next 2 years.
To keep from using too much I apply it with a small lip detail brush.
I did an experiment. I applied the product to my lips, then left my lips until the started getting a little chapped. With most products this happens within a few hours, some by the end of the day. BUT NO! My lips stayed fine and dandy for almost 2 whole days before they even slightly started to get chapped. (Which is literally the works of a miracle on my lips that before used to shed and peel by the hour). If you can't tell by now I believe that any and everyone should get this product. Even if you have to save up to get this, GET IT! It will change your lip care for the rest of your life.
Ashley V.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Clear more...
I know, I know... $26 for a glorified lip balm seems insane. And it is. And even more insane is the fact that I recommend it wholeheartedly.

I try my best to stay hydrated, but the cold New York City winters take a toll on my lips. I’m a self proclaimed chapstick addict and cannot leave the house without it. I was browsing Sephora during the VIB sale and intended to pick up the set that had the mask, scrub and balm but unfortunately it sold out before I could get my hands on it. Unwilling to be left in the dust, I decided to just bite the bullet and go for the full sized lip mask. BEST. DECISION. EVER.

The balm itself is very thick, which is why I suppose it’s called a mask. It’s suitable for daytime use but may be a bit heavy to wear under a lip color, so I tend not to (they do make tinted versions, if that’s your thing). For that reason, I prefer to apply a thick layer before bed. When I wake up, my lips feel smoother than a baby’s butt! I didn’t think I could like such a simple product so much but over the past couple months it has become a staple in my life and I have nothing but great things to say! This product contains lanolin which actually helps attract hydration to the lips, so rather than acting like a band aid over chapped lips it works to hydrate, heal and restore.

Would I purchase this again? In a heartbeat. Am I ashamed to admit that? Only mildly. But I need this. And you probably need this, too.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
Review for: Clear more...
I really love this stuff. I love everything Bite Beauty does though. They're an amazing brand. It is expensive but it lasts 3 to 5 times longer than any chapstick and is cheaper in the long run than any good lip masks so I personally think it's worth it if you're in the market for a product like this.
The packaging is great. Its a tube that's easy to carry around and travel with. It closes securely with a screw on cap and it has a small hole for the dispenser so its easy to keep clean and get a small amount and make it last.
I remember when these came out. I wasn't too excited about the products. I don't have an issue with dry lips and I wasn't about to spend that kind of money to buy these full price as it would be more of a novelty item for me than be of any use.
But again I love Bite and so during one of my Sephora trips I'd requested a sample be made for me and they told me how to use it and gave me a good size sample.
As soon as I got home and started my nightly skincare routine I exfoliatex my lips with my all time favorite lip scrub from Lush. The bubblegum scrub. Then I wiped that off and added a bit thick layer on my lips. You can wipe it off according to directions or leave it on for as long as you want or rub it into your lips.
So I left it on overnight and in the morning my lips were soft, supple and line free. The perfect base for a matte lipstick. It was perfect. I then started using it as a lip balm since that's another one of their directed uses for this stuff.
When I used it as a balm it lasted for hours. Longer than any balm I'd ever used and when I used it after it had worn off/ sunk in, my lips were again super soft.
With regular use it keeps your lips soft and lush looking. I hadn't had chapped or dry lips at all since I purchased this and after months I've barely made a dent. It's amazing.
It is worth the money since it lasts so long and works so well.
I totally recommend for those with extremely dry or chapped lips, those who are older in age, those who wear matte lipsticks, those who wear a lot of chapstick or purchase lip masks or really anyone considering purchasing a product like this.
Like all bite products they are made in small batches with amazing ingredients and quality. It is pricy but the quality is so great.
Purchase at Sephora or the Bite Beauty website to guarantee you're getting the real thing.
Alexsandra J.
Alfred, ME
Ok to say I am obsessed is a little bit of a understatement haha. I suffer from really bad dry lips and I blame that because I am a mouth breather at night. I knew I needed something to help me with these dry lips so I went searching and saw a lot of people recommending Bite for my situation. So I hopped on Sephora and bought it right away! The price is right and a little goes a very long way. I have been using this for a little over two weeks every night before I go to bed and as needed through out the day! My lips have never felt so smooth and hydrated with no more flaking. I do want to admit the thickness of this had me turned off at first when I would wake up I would still have a good amount applied. But over time I figured how much I needed to use. The tube is still 3/4 full so after two weeks of everyday use is not bad at all! If u suffer from dry lips I highly recommend this!!!
Madi O.
St Augustine, FL
Review for: Clear, Smashed, Champagne Pearl more...
This product is absolutely amazing! I received a sample of all 3 colors in an Ipsy glam bag and I completely fell in love with the product. The product is very thick and a little bit goes a VERY long way. This product does have a glossy look when applied. I think the colored tinted products can be pulled off as a lipgloss look. The product did not have any significant smell it was almost like Carmex. The product left my lips feeling extremely soft and smooth. I applied the neutral or no color product at night and woke up feeling completely amazing my lips were so smooth and soft I felt like a whole new woman. I highly recommend the product. As a mentioned, a little goes a long way and I 100% think it’s worth the price!
Emile O.
Carthage, MO
When my lips are in a terrible state (typically after a cold or hiking in the mountains, etc.) - this fixes everything. It is a heavy texture, which I quite enjoy. I love that I can still feel it on my lips when I wake up the next morning, this makes me feel like it was actually do something.
I would only suggest sleeping in this, because of how heavy it is, but sometimes I’ll wear it around the house at night.
You only use the smallest amount, so it’s absolutely worth the price.
Sephora currently has a set with this, the Agave Lip Balm, and the Agave Lip Scrub - I would highly suggest checking out the set.
Sam S.
Aliso Viejo, CA
Review for: Clear more...
Recently visited the bite beauty lip lab in San Francisco to make two custom lipsticks (which is the most fun thing you can do if you love makeup!) and as part of the experience I was able to try this agave lip mask and I absolutely love it! Right after trying it I bought my own because it is THAT GOOD! So smoothing and actually helped nourish my always chapped lips and minimize lip lines! And the best part is it is so long lasting! So it takes forever to run out as a little goes a long way making the high price actually worth it! Will never go without this again! Most effective lip product I have ever used!
Maria R.
Greensboro, NC
Review for: Clear, Champagne Pearl more...
I purchased both Champagne and the Natural color of this product while Sephora was having their VIB sale and I’m so glad I did. I have a terrible habit of biting my lips and picking at them out of boredom (just like how some people pick at their cuticles or bite nails). My lips were very damaged, and any lip product I used created peeling once the product wore off or dried. I was recommended this by several friends, and I am glad I got them discounted when I did. A little definitely goes a long way with this, and if you use too much it does feel too thick on the lips. However, with the right amount applied, my lips feel so nice the next day (after nighttime application) and really feel hydrated without having to worry about peeling. I use the scrub before I use this, and the stick Bite agave balm throughout the day. If you’re uneasy about this, try and buy the balm scrub and mask trio. I avoided that because I originally purchased the balm & scrub before the masks, but now that I have all three, I know why they’re so highly talked about. The scent is also pleasant, and it’s lightly sweet if you lick your lips on accident (unlike some other products such as Vaseline).
Devi R.
Boston
I can't say enough good things about this product. I originally bought it because I got it as a sample from something I bought online at Sephora and I almost immediately re-purchased a whole tube. It's great because I put it on in the morning when I'm getting ready and by the time I'm at work I can put on lipstick and not have to worry about my lips feeling dry the rest of the day. Would definitely recommend this product for anyone who doesn't like to carry around tubes of Chapstick or for anyone looking for a great prep step for Matte lip color.
Jessica D.