Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY BITE BEAUTY #37 in Lipstick

A high-impact lipstick in multi-dimensional shades, handcrafted to deliver intense moisture and creamy wear, AKA The Perfect Bite.

Meet The Perfect Bite: Amuse Bouche Lipstick. Inspired by amuse-bouche—small, perfectly crafted bites that showcase a chef’s artistry when it comes to flavor, texture and presentation—this lipstick serves bold, creamy color and an unforgettable sensorial experience in a single swipe.

With unexpected undertones and richly saturated triple-milled pigments, its multidimensional shades offer a modern take on color. The small batch, low-heat process preserves a balanced blend of lip-quenching nutrients, vitamins, and 12 nourishing oils—essential for achieving healthy-looking lips—for lip color that is addictively creamy yet weightless. And, it features a mouthwatering flavor made from fresh-pressed citrus layered with notes of cherry, mint, mango and vanilla.

Like all Bite Beauty products, Amuse Bouche Lipstick is handcrafted by Bite Beauty at the brand’s facility in Toronto, and is made with natural and organic ingredients, so you can feel good about your lipstick and indulge each and every color craving, guilt-free.

Bite Beauty does not contain parabens, phthalates, or sulfates. Bite is cruelty-free and Leaping Bunny certified.

Lip Tips:

Tip: It’s pronounced “Ah-muse Boosh.”

Prep step: Start by smoothing lips with Agave Sugar Lip Scrub, then create a perfectly prepped canvas with Line & Define Lip Primer or The Lip Pencil.

Apply a layer of your favorite Amuse Bouche Lipstick to deliver sublime texture and creamy wear.

Orange Peel Wax – Helps seal in hydration

Ingredients: Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Triisostearyl Citrate*, Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*/**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*/**, Silica*, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil*, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*/**, Glyceryl Rosinate*, Acacia Decurrens/Jojoba/Sunflower Seed Wax Polyglyceryl-3 Esters*, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*/**, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*/**, Aroma (Flavor), Hydrogenated Castor Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*/**, Cerica (Silk) Powder, Pearl Powder*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables*, Glyceryl Oleate*, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate*, Resveratrol*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract*/**, Momordica Grosvenorii Fruit Extract*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*/**, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*/**, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*/**, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Punica Granatum Seed Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*/**, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Skin Extract*, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract*, Resveratrol – antioxidant found in red wine

+/- May Contain: Tin Oxide*, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)*, Manganese Violet (Ci 77742)*, Carmine (Ci 75470)*, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci77492, Ci 77499), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)

(Stands for *Natural **Organic)

• Hey ladies What do you girls think about the brand “bite...11 Answers
  • What is the staying power for the Bite lipsticks?6 Answers
  • Which one is your favorite? Beetroot, Gazpacho or Pepper?34 Answers
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick
  • "They are so creamy love the smell and beautiful color!!!! My favorite one is pepper. Great for valentine day coming up. Not drying at all I'm so happy with the product the texture as well the smell. I received this gift from bite and they did an amazing job on these lipstick in love." in 1355 reviews
  • "I really like these lipsticks. I received 3 shades in the amuse bouche box and I love them all. They are so luxurious and hydrating with a soft citrus scent. I appreciate that these are vegan and also gluten free. I received this product complimentary of influenster." in 830 reviews
  • "OMG I'm in love- I received three colors from influenster and bite beauty in my voxbox to try for free and so far I've only tried the red shade which is gazpacho. I don't usually wear red but it went on so smooth and smells great everyone liked it! I love that it's made with natural ingredients and had actually fruit oils in it! " in 461 reviews
  • "I've tried this in the store it's so gorgeous full pimented lipstick.very mousturizing and long lasting" in 450 reviews
Alicia N.
Sacramento
Review for: Black Truffle, Kale, Squid Ink more...
Well, Here goes a review about the dark colors.

First of all, Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipsticks are good quality, lightly sweet in smell (and taste, if you lick your lips). They wear like a traditional bullet lipstick, but a slightly longer lasting formula. There's a fun color range. You can find something for everyone colorwise.

Secondly, dark lipsticks are hard to make in general. They tend to be streaky, go hard early, and do very strange things in consistency. That said, 2 of these surprised me. Oh, and all of them stained my lips (you need oil to remove the staining).

Squid ink was what I expected for a black-blue lipstick. It is gorgeous, a blue black. But, it needs to be warmed a little to use, or it won't apply well. It's worth it for the colour, in my opinion. But, it's not perfect.

Kale, on the other hand, is amazing. Smooth, applies in 2 swoops. Lovely black-green color & kale green shimmer. I didn't know I needed green lipstick before this. This colour floored me and made my heart skip a beat. <3

Black Truffle is a black purple. Smooth, applies in 2 swoops. It looks vampy on light skin and hypnotic on darker. Sadly, mine has been permanently "borrowed" by a friend (LOL - she looks good in it though)

Lindsey K.
Louisa
Review for: Chai more...
I received this product from Sephora as part of my birthday month gift (thanks, Sephora!). The color I received (Chai) is a beautiful neutral shade that is just slightly darker than my natural color. It is a standard lippie with a twist-up dispenser and a pointed tip for creating the perfect cupid's bow (something I'm still struggling to achieve after my 30+ years of being alive but I digress...)

The first thing I immediately noticed was how creamy and smooth this product felt on my lips, with almost a mint-sensation that added a nice layer of soothing comfort to my normally dry, fine-lined lips. The product itself goes on very thick, and although I did notice a little bit of unevenness in the opacity of the color with the first pass, that disappeared for sure after the second pass. The color lasted for several hours, but transferred easily to a cup and then disappeared completely after a meal (this is not a product flaw since it is not supposed to be long-wearing but I thought I'd add it in just for good measure for those that are curious). I didn't notice any off-putting smells, and while I wouldn't say it had a taste per se, it did have a little bit of a "mintyness" to it which was nice.

The color is strong, beautiful and would make a nice every day color to those who prefer standard lipsticks over longwear. Overall, I'm really impressed with this brand and I think if you love standard lipsticks this would be a really nice product from a company that seems to be taking steps to create products that are a little more sustainable to the environment, which I find highly commendable.
Margaret Q.
Port Chester, NY
Review for: Chai more...
This was the chosen color that came in the Bite Beauty birthday gift for Sephora beauty members. I am always iffy with brown shades because my skin tone is such an unusual color and some browns make me look incredibly washed out (can I get an amen?) so the first thing I noticed in opening the box is how unique the tube packaging was- literally a mini version of the full size to a T. The sharp tip made for great precision application and the color went on smoothly and very pigmented. This is a VERY lovely neutral shade! It’s a cooler brown with almost a hint of lilac- enough to prevent that dreaded ‘washed out’ look. The formula was very comfortable and holds pretty well. This lipstick didn’t run but did need to be reapplied after eating and drinking but very minimal product is used for touch ups. Overall great! I plan to buy the full size as well as a few other colors soon. They retail for around $26. A little pricy and the reason I didn’t give this a full 5 starts
Yesenia G.
New Castle, DE
Review for: Bite Beauty The Perfect Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick Set Honeycomb/ Sugarcane/ Rhubarb/ Cayenne more...
These are super tiny. Now, I know I gave a higher rating on my last one and your probably wondering why is this one less? First, it has a cool mirror tin can type container and it’s cute. The formula is good on some of the lippies and some are just awful. The sugarcane is a pink color that I will say it’s awful. Comes very patchy on the lips and isn’t pigmented. The others are good but they had added honeycomb which is one that has been in the previous holiday set. Which is why I gave a 3 stars. Otherwise, it’s a good set of lippies.
carla l.
Salem, OR
Review for: Chai more...
I received this as part of a set in the Sephora birthday gift and just looking at it I wasn't impressed.  I'm very fair with medium blonde hair and looking at online swatches of the color I was sure that it'd look horrible on me.  I was so wrong.  This color is gorgeous!  It looks so different swatched than it actually appears on my lips and it turns to a beautiful mauvy shade that somehow just works for me.  The formula is creamy and easy to wear and although it isn't the most long-lasting lipstick I've ever tried, I don't mind having to reapply it simply because I enjoy using it so much.  I'm definitely impressed and now I really want to invest in more of the Bite lipsticks.
La G.
Review for: Chai more...
Is there a more comfortable lipstick formula on the market than Bite Beauty's Amuse Bouche? I haven't found it and I'm a self avowed lipstick connoisseur.

It's not perfectly transfer proof. If you eat/drink, the lipstick will transfer. But that's a small price to pay for the aesthetic of a lipstick that doesn't suck all the moisture from your lips and the feeling of effortlessness. The one con to Bite AB is that due to it's formula, it tends to go bad quicker than other lipsticks so watch out for that if you're someone who collects lipsticks like they're Pokemon.

I'm MAC NC42 with pigmented lips and Chai is my fave color to wear. 20/10 rec.
jennifer h.
Quincy, MA
Review for: Cava more...
I fell in love with this color when i saw it because i thought it was going to be a cool toned grey purple. The Bite Beauty lipsticks are some of my favorites but i just don’t like this color on me. It isn’t very pigmented and it just looks really dull. The formula of these is so amazing. I love the lemon zing fragrance and the lipstick itself feels moisturizing. I’ll definitely get other colors but this one is a pass for me. I’ll attach a picture of me NOT wearing this lipstick so you can see my overall tone.
Nikki P.
Lenexa, KS
Review for: Chai, Other more...
This is currently one of my favorite creamy lipsticks, for now my favorite actually. Between the wide range of colors to choose from and the quality of the formula this product is definitely worth five stars! I have this in chai, marshmallow pink and pink salt and I’m obsessed with them all! It is extremely moisturizing and goes on completely smooth & evenly. It’s packed with nutrients, vitamins, omega oils and 12 different essential oils (all edible). It is quite pigmented with a satin finish. It makes my lips look flawless and supple. It doesn’t feel heavy on my lips and never smears! I will continue to purchase this lipstick!
Ashley D.
Review for: Verbena more...
What truly makes this product is the color and hydration factor. With this lipstick, the fear of it drying out is non-existent. And for a girl with dry lips, this is absolutely fantastic.

Their range of colors is stunning. Only one application is needed (but if you like to layer, you do you).  There's no weird taste since BB was founded on the premise of natural ingredients, and if it goes on your lips then it should taste good, which I don't really have a major opinion on that front. It didn't taste bad, but I wasn't licking my lips because it tasted good either.

The hydration is amazing.  There is transfer, though, which is why it doesn't get five stars. From lips to teeth, the transfer is barely minimal, if anything. From lips to everything else? A lot. The product will be gone if you eat a meal, from salad to greasy pizza. There is a slight stain left behind, though, and your lips keep their plump look, which is nice. I do reach for my lip balm after eating, so if you have seriously dry lips, be prepared for that.  Even with that, I still recommend this product because of the color and hydration it gives when you first put it on, and it does last well until food is involved.
Rachel T.
Review for: Verbena, Fig, Sugarcane, Meringue, Sweet Cream more...
I'm generally pretty skeptical of expensive lipsticks, since many lower priced options are just as good. These lipsticks are actually amazing.
Pros:
    -Incredibly pigmented
    -Moisturizing/doesn't accentuate lip lines
    -Applies very easily/glides on the lips

Cons:
    -Not a particularly long lasting formula

I typically only use transfer proof liquid lipsticks for dark shades if I know I'm going to be eating, but I find myself reaching for some darker shades like Verbena from this collection, just because of how flattering they look and how wonderful they feel. I will have to reapply these lipsticks throughout the day, particularly if I am eating. But they apply so easily, I don't really think it's such a hassle.

While these aren't a matte formula, they are not particularly glossy either; they're a true cream finish.

I highly recommend these lipsticks to you.
Romi G.
Which one is your favorite? Beetroot, Gazpacho or Pepper?
Angel S.
Where can I find these? I've never seen this brand in stores, perhaps it's online only?
Alexandra C.
What is your fav color? Wanting to try this brand but want an everyday color.
Bianca G.
How well does this apply?
claire s.
Bonita, CA
Are the voxbox samples full size products or trial size products?

back