BITE Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick CollectionInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY BITE BEAUTY #3 in Lipstick

34 Bold Dimensional Shades handcrafted for highest pigmentation. Ultra-Creamy Hydrating Texture Made from 12 edible oils. Mouth-Watering Citrus Flavour Made with fresh pressed fruit. Introducing the perfect Bite. Amuse Bouch by Bite.

• Has anyone bought these? They look so pretty but I'd love to see ...2 Answers
  • My favorite colour is Verbena.  Anyone like this one? 3 Answers
  • Which one is your favorite? Beetroot, Gazpacho or Pepper?33 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Iris M.
Review for: Cayenne, Beetroot, Sweet Cream, Tannin, Jam, Whiskey, Maple, Mistletoe, Nori, Sour Cherry
For reference, I am fair with neutral (to slightly cool) undertones. I am usually the palest neutral/pink shade in foundation colors, and wear Nars Terre Neuve. My lips are very dry, fairly pigmented, and a pinky-purpleish color.

Reasons I love the Amuse Bouche line:

-very opaque coloring
-moisturizing to my usually dry and chapped lips (hard to find lipsticks which don't dry out my lips)
-doesn't settle into fine lines (with liner)
-lovely ingredients - mostly plant oils and natural emollients
-nice packaging
-reasonable price

Possible considerations:
-you might fall in love with the formula and get addicted to collecting more and more colors (like I have)
-not transfer proof (I'm currently looking into ways to fix this)
-if you have pigmented lips, the color won't be as dark as it is in the tube unless you layer (it's still opaque, just not as fully there, if you know what I mean)

Sweet Cream:
I love the way this color looks on me in artificial lighting - it's like a MLBB look for my fair neutral skin tone. In natural lighting, it looks more pinkish and brighter, but not garishly so. I like how my lips feel kind of cushiony after application, and stays that way for hours even after the color wears off. Color also stays put - as someone who loves to rub their lips together, its a huge plus to be able to do it without worrying about your lipstick moving around.

Beetroot:
pulls cool reddish with a tinge of plum on me, very flattering and attention catching. My complexion suits intense colors, so this was a great winter/fall find.

Gazpacho:
I needed to layer this color to make it look opaque red, otherwise it was a pinkish color with red undertones. I like how striking it looked on me, but again, very very bold color that's probably great for special occasions/off duty wear.

Verbena:
This was similar to sweet cream but slightly darker, more beige, and less pink. A great subtle way to look pulled together.

Liquorice:
holy mackerel this lipstick totally blew me away. I usually don't go for darker lipsticks, but this is changing my mind. It gives me the perfect "model who just sucked on blood" look without any of the horror.

Taro:
MY FAVORITE LIPPIE OF ALL TIME!! OF ALL TIME!! I can't believe it's limited edition/oos, because I promise you, this shade of smokey purple w/ grey undertones is un-dupeable. I love it, and especially love to mix it with other colors more variety. If you have this color: wearing blush helps a lot with not looking washed out, and wearing lip liner underneath helps longevity especially if you like to rub your lips together, like I do.
Gladyeliz C.
Methuen, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
m not very adventurous when it comes to lipstick so when I was invited to try the new Amuse Bouche lipsticks I wasn't expecting a lot. Ive tried lipsticks that swear they're moisturizing and long wearing that have dried my lips out and worn off with the first cup of coffee I drink. This lipstick actually impresses me. The first thing I noticed was the amazingly simple yet elegant packaging. No tacky gold tone or flashiness - just straight up class. The texture of the tube is soft - almost rubbery feeling and the brand name is subtle but apparent. I really liked that. The next noticeable attribute comes when you open the tube - that smell! A citrusy minty scent that is a far cry better than some nameless lipsticks and their vanilla scent that goes rancid quickly. Its refreshing and I smelled it several times trying to place the scents. Loved this a lot! The two colors I received were Pepper and Beetroot. I should have received Gazpacho as well but sadly did not. That being said I was pleased with the colors that did arrive. Beetroot is described as a bold berry color and that is very accurate. It is such a gorgeous color and I was so pleased to receive it. I love the way it looks on me and I really think this might be my new go to bold lip choice! Pepper is described as a dusty rose which I suppose is accurate but I dont picture this color when I picture dusty rose. Its a classic description but this color is more beautiful than any other dusty rose lipsticks I have seen. This was the first color I tried on and it looks fantastic. The lipstick is so creamy and sumptuous. I wore it for the day and while I did have to reapply a couple times I feel that it lasted longer than a lot of other lipsticks do. It also did not dry my lips out, in fact quite the opposite. I felt almost that this had a lip balm quality the way it kept my lips so soft. Overall, I was very happy with these lipsticks. I do recommend using lip primer to hold the color longer if you don't already. Other than that I'm just waiting for the line to hit my local store so I can find more colors to t
Alex S.
CA
Review for: Beetroot, Sake, Honeycomb, Other
This is hands down the best lipstick formula in the world! If i could only use one lip color for the rest of my life, it would be this formula in Honeycomb, no doubt about it. While it's expensive, the great ingredients totally justify it for me. These apply smoother than any other, and don't tug or skip at all. It's easy to get a precise line without a lipliner, which is ideal for me. The pigmentation is strong, and every color, light or dark, is opaque after a single swipe, but you can still sheer it out by tapping the bullet onto the lips instead of dragging. The formula is not drying whatsoever, and is actually hydrating if anything. I appreciate the comfortable satin finish. I will say that this lipstick isn't necessarily lightweight. That doesn't bother me, but it can be an issue for some people. Although it doesn't necessarily feel thick, you will be able to feel that there is a coating on your lips, but it's not distracting or uncomfortable. It's just because of how rich the formula is. But I feel that this is actually beneficial, because it gives the lipstick great lasting power, and it lasts on my lips for hours, even with snacking. Additionally, the color range is great. You have your everyday neutrals, but there are some fun purples, bright pinks, and even greens. And the subtle lemon pound cake scent doesn't hurt either! I swear, there is nothing better out there, and if you're looking for a top notch product and want to spoil yourself and your lips a little, this is the item for you!
Holly K.
Review for: Meringue
These lipsticks are beautiful if you like full coverage, thick feeling, hydrating lipsticks. They last a very long time on the lips. If you drink or eat the color does transfer but still leaves full pigment behind. It's like the top layer transfers but it's so thick that the bottom layer stains the lips. It's so rich and comfortable! However the pink lemonade scent has begun to bother me. I more than half finished two pinky peachy nude shades but perhaps because the brand is natural it expires more quickly because after 1.5 years it tastes bad now. The sweet smell is still there but something in the formula tastes off now and I can't keep wearing it. Other lipsticks I've owned are older and don't taste off like these do now. If you want to try I'd commit to 1 or 2 shades and finish within a year before they go bad.
Ashley D.
Review for: Verbena
What truly makes this product is the color and hydration factor. With this lipstick, the fear of it drying out is non-existent. And for a girl with dry lips, this is absolutely fantastic.

Their range of colors is stunning. Only one application is needed (but if you like to layer, you do you).  There's no weird taste since BB was founded on the premise of natural ingredients, and if it goes on your lips then it should taste good, which I don't really have a major opinion on that front. It didn't taste bad, but I wasn't licking my lips because it tasted good either.

The hydration is amazing.  There is transfer, though, which is why it doesn't get five stars. From lips to teeth, the transfer is barely minimal, if anything. From lips to everything else? A lot. The product will be gone if you eat a meal, from salad to greasy pizza. There is a slight stain left behind, though, and your lips keep their plump look, which is nice. I do reach for my lip balm after eating, so if you have seriously dry lips, be prepared for that.  Even with that, I still recommend this product because of the color and hydration it gives when you first put it on, and it does last well until food is involved.
Jennifer I.
Columbus
Review for: Chai
I wore this lipstick for my wedding, if that tells you how much I love it! The formula is opaque and easy to apply. The color is pretty universally flattering, and the color stays as well as, if not better than most bullet lipsticks. I apply one coat, set with powder, then apply a light second coat to touch it up and it lasts all day if I’m not eating greasy food. It will even mostly survive lunch with a light touch up after. The scent is light and it feels as pure as the ingredients are. I do find that it is not as moisturizing as I would prefer, but the longevity and color make up for it.
Kat J.
TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Beetroot, Liquorice, Gazpacho, Tannin, Fig, Honeycomb, Pepper, Mauvember, Nori, Verbena
You take out a lipstick in a matte gray tube, and apply it to your lips,... It's creamy. Smooth. Pigmented. All natural. Doesn't settle into lines. Doesn't feather. What kind of magical lipstick is this?? None other than Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche, of course... The large variety of gorgeous shades means that you can find any number of colors that suit your style, and I'm still adding more of these lipsticks to my collection because I've found their quality to be unmatched by other brands. Just one swipe, and you'll see how amazing Bite is... These lipsticks don't dry out your lips, and they make you look stunningly put-together in a manner of seconds. If you're looking for a new lipstick, look no further! Amuse Bouche is exactly what you're missing from your makeup drawer!
Jennifer S.
St. Louis
Review for: Nori, Fig, Pepper, Honeycomb
I first received Pepper as part of a sample set I bought from Sephora with Fig, Nori, and Honeycomb. All the Bite lipsticks share the same long-lasting quality and citrusy scent, but Pepper is the one that is like my own lip color, but better. It's just a little darker than my own lips, but doesn't look unnatural or too dark. It keeps my lips moisturized all day. I do usually have to re-apply after eating. This lipstick was one of the first "luxury" not-from-Target lipsticks I ever bought, in addition to the sample set. I wasn't too keen on paying more than $20 for one tube, but it should last for a while, so it's not a horrible deal.
Fig and Honeycomb, while looking very nice in the tube, just wash me out. The pigment is strong, so it blocks my natural lip color, and I look a little clownish.
Nori is a beautiful dark lipstick that I would wear more often if I went out more. It's just too dark for everyday at work.
Kira N.
Sacramento
Review for: Chai
One of my all time FAVORITE lipsticks! This is by far the most moisturizing lipstick I have ever used and just thinking about how soft and delicate it makes my lips look makes me want to pull it out and wear it right now! It is THAT good. This color is also absolutely gorgeous, especially on light-medium tan complexions like my own. As someone new to lipstick and makeup in general, I'm still hesitant on trying bolder lip colors, especially reds, but I found this shade to be the perfect mix of subtle and sexy. Another thing I love about the Bite Beauty lipsticks is that they're made from natural ingredients. So natural in fact that you could technically eat them - seriously! They also have an orange scent to them which I love instead of the usual sickly-sweet vanilla that many others tend to have. They're a little pricey at $24 but definitely well worth the money - I have no regrets! Treat your lips and pick these up ASAP
Madi Y.
Issaquah, WA
Review for: Portobello
I love lipstick and I love bite, but this takes those feelings to a new level. Everything about this new formula is delightful - the scent, the color range, the feel, the skin care benefits, the wear, the consistency is all wonderful. The texture of the lipstick is creamy, but not gooey. It's long-wear without feeling crusty or being drying. It's just perfect. When I wipe it off at he end of the day it feels like I just wiped off lip balm. It's conditioning as well as stunning. I had strayed last year from bite lipsticks (although I have always loved their matte sticks) and was swearing by the Urban Decay matte revolution, but I'm back to being a bite believer with the new amuse bouche line. I have several colors and will be buying more. You will not regret this purchase, unless, of course, you're someone who doesn't want lipstick to last or be beneficial to your skin.
Romi G.
Which one is your favorite? Beetroot, Gazpacho or Pepper?
Angel S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where can I find these? I've never seen this brand in stores, perhaps it's online only?
Alexandra C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What is your fav color? Wanting to try this brand but want an everyday color.
Bianca G.
How well does this apply?
claire s.
Chula Vista, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Are the voxbox samples full size products or trial size products?