BITE Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick CollectionInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY BITE BEAUTY #4 in Lipstick

34 Bold Dimensional Shades handcrafted for highest pigmentation. Ultra-Creamy Hydrating Texture Made from 12 edible oils. Mouth-Watering Citrus Flavour Made with fresh pressed fruit. Introducing the perfect Bite. Amuse Bouch by Bite.

• Have any of you had Influenster send you several emails and then ...1 Answers
  • Has anyone bought these? They look so pretty but I'd love to see ...2 Answers
  • My favorite colour is Verbena.  Anyone like this one? 3 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Iris M.
Review for: Cayenne, Beetroot, Sweet Cream, Tannin, Jam, Whiskey, Maple, Mistletoe, Nori, Sour Cherry more...
For reference, I am fair with neutral (to slightly cool) undertones. I am usually the palest neutral/pink shade in foundation colors, and wear Nars Terre Neuve. My lips are very dry, fairly pigmented, and a pinky-purpleish color.

Reasons I love the Amuse Bouche line:

-very opaque coloring
-moisturizing to my usually dry and chapped lips (hard to find lipsticks which don't dry out my lips)
-doesn't settle into fine lines (with liner)
-lovely ingredients - mostly plant oils and natural emollients
-nice packaging
-reasonable price

Possible considerations:
-you might fall in love with the formula and get addicted to collecting more and more colors (like I have)
-not transfer proof (I'm currently looking into ways to fix this)
-if you have pigmented lips, the color won't be as dark as it is in the tube unless you layer (it's still opaque, just not as fully there, if you know what I mean)

Sweet Cream:
I love the way this color looks on me in artificial lighting - it's like a MLBB look for my fair neutral skin tone. In natural lighting, it looks more pinkish and brighter, but not garishly so. I like how my lips feel kind of cushiony after application, and stays that way for hours even after the color wears off. Color also stays put - as someone who loves to rub their lips together, its a huge plus to be able to do it without worrying about your lipstick moving around.

Beetroot:
pulls cool reddish with a tinge of plum on me, very flattering and attention catching. My complexion suits intense colors, so this was a great winter/fall find.

Gazpacho:
I needed to layer this color to make it look opaque red, otherwise it was a pinkish color with red undertones. I like how striking it looked on me, but again, very very bold color that's probably great for special occasions/off duty wear.

Verbena:
This was similar to sweet cream but slightly darker, more beige, and less pink. A great subtle way to look pulled together.

Liquorice:
holy mackerel this lipstick totally blew me away. I usually don't go for darker lipsticks, but this is changing my mind. It gives me the perfect "model who just sucked on blood" look without any of the horror.

Taro:
MY FAVORITE LIPPIE OF ALL TIME!! OF ALL TIME!! I can't believe it's limited edition/oos, because I promise you, this shade of smokey purple w/ grey undertones is un-dupeable. I love it, and especially love to mix it with other colors more variety. If you have this color: wearing blush helps a lot with not looking washed out, and wearing lip liner underneath helps longevity especially if you like to rub your lips together, like I do.
Gladyeliz C.
Methuen, MA
m not very adventurous when it comes to lipstick so when I was invited to try the new Amuse Bouche lipsticks I wasn't expecting a lot. Ive tried lipsticks that swear they're moisturizing and long wearing that have dried my lips out and worn off with the first cup of coffee I drink. This lipstick actually impresses me. The first thing I noticed was the amazingly simple yet elegant packaging. No tacky gold tone or flashiness - just straight up class. The texture of the tube is soft - almost rubbery feeling and the brand name is subtle but apparent. I really liked that. The next noticeable attribute comes when you open the tube - that smell! A citrusy minty scent that is a far cry better than some nameless lipsticks and their vanilla scent that goes rancid quickly. Its refreshing and I smelled it several times trying to place the scents. Loved this a lot! The two colors I received were Pepper and Beetroot. I should have received Gazpacho as well but sadly did not. That being said I was pleased with the colors that did arrive. Beetroot is described as a bold berry color and that is very accurate. It is such a gorgeous color and I was so pleased to receive it. I love the way it looks on me and I really think this might be my new go to bold lip choice! Pepper is described as a dusty rose which I suppose is accurate but I dont picture this color when I picture dusty rose. Its a classic description but this color is more beautiful than any other dusty rose lipsticks I have seen. This was the first color I tried on and it looks fantastic. The lipstick is so creamy and sumptuous. I wore it for the day and while I did have to reapply a couple times I feel that it lasted longer than a lot of other lipsticks do. It also did not dry my lips out, in fact quite the opposite. I felt almost that this had a lip balm quality the way it kept my lips so soft. Overall, I was very happy with these lipsticks. I do recommend using lip primer to hold the color longer if you don't already. Other than that I'm just waiting for the line to hit my local store so I can find more colors to t
Alex S.
CA
Review for: Beetroot, Sake, Honeycomb, Other more...
This is hands down the best lipstick formula in the world! If i could only use one lip color for the rest of my life, it would be this formula in Honeycomb, no doubt about it. While it's expensive, the great ingredients totally justify it for me. These apply smoother than any other, and don't tug or skip at all. It's easy to get a precise line without a lipliner, which is ideal for me. The pigmentation is strong, and every color, light or dark, is opaque after a single swipe, but you can still sheer it out by tapping the bullet onto the lips instead of dragging. The formula is not drying whatsoever, and is actually hydrating if anything. I appreciate the comfortable satin finish. I will say that this lipstick isn't necessarily lightweight. That doesn't bother me, but it can be an issue for some people. Although it doesn't necessarily feel thick, you will be able to feel that there is a coating on your lips, but it's not distracting or uncomfortable. It's just because of how rich the formula is. But I feel that this is actually beneficial, because it gives the lipstick great lasting power, and it lasts on my lips for hours, even with snacking. Additionally, the color range is great. You have your everyday neutrals, but there are some fun purples, bright pinks, and even greens. And the subtle lemon pound cake scent doesn't hurt either! I swear, there is nothing better out there, and if you're looking for a top notch product and want to spoil yourself and your lips a little, this is the item for you!
Joy R.
Review for: Chai more...
This lipstick is PERFECT for people dealing with dry lips. It's very moisturizing,  leaves a smooth satin finish, and doesn't settle into or draw attention to fine lines.

It may not be transfer proof (I got it on my coffee cup, water bottle, etc) BUT I would say it IS long lasting. Even though product transferred onto my utensils and etc, my lips still had a good amount of color on them by the end of the day, and I didn't reapply once.

Besides a flattering/hydrating formula and long wear, the lipstick itself is absolutely lovely. I got the shade Chai, and it is just the most wonderful mauve/pinkish-brown. It didn't look harsh against my very fair skin, and I received a lot of compliments!

I would definitely recommend this lipstick to anyone hunting for a pretty, comfortable lipstick.

p.s. I like to rub a little bit of sugar on my damp lips before applying any lipstick, or lightly run my tooth brush over them to ensure the smoothest application possible.

Holly K.
Review for: Meringue more...
These lipsticks are beautiful if you like full coverage, thick feeling, hydrating lipsticks. They last a very long time on the lips. If you drink or eat the color does transfer but still leaves full pigment behind. It's like the top layer transfers but it's so thick that the bottom layer stains the lips. It's so rich and comfortable! However the pink lemonade scent has begun to bother me. I more than half finished two pinky peachy nude shades but perhaps because the brand is natural it expires more quickly because after 1.5 years it tastes bad now. The sweet smell is still there but something in the formula tastes off now and I can't keep wearing it. Other lipsticks I've owned are older and don't taste off like these do now. If you want to try I'd commit to 1 or 2 shades and finish within a year before they go bad.
Sheela V.
Review for: Rouge Berry more...
LOVE. Black Truffle is sort of a way better dupe for Mac Cyber. Not the second color exactly because Cyber is more of a very dark plum-red and Truffle is more of a blackened plum with a weird green sheen. But Black Truffle is sooooo much less patchy and much fuller colored and opaque. I'll be ditching my Cyber for this.
Taro looks like a pretty unique purple on everyone else. It looks like a deep grey purple on me. Totally clashes with my warm undertones and I love it.
As for longevity and moisturizing properties, I think they're more long wearing and a little drier than Bite's old lipsticks, but they're still pretty moisturizing for something as long wearing as they are. Pretty happy with my purchase although I wish I had included one more wearable color too.
Gloria K.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Fig, Pepper more...
I own this in the colors pepper and fig. I have a light-medium skintone with yellow undertones. Pepper is a perfect MLBB for autumn/winter and is a warm mauvey-pink color. Fig is a lighter pink, rosy shade and also looks pretty natural on my skintone. Both products are creamy and easy to apply. Also, I don't feel the need to use a lipliner, so that's a plus! I'm docking one star because they are pretty soft products and can break easily. They haven't broken on me before, but I'm pretty careful about how I store them, especially in the summertime when it gets hot. I've seen the products "sweat" a little when subjected to heat, but I haven't noticed any change in quality.
Ashley D.
Review for: Verbena more...
What truly makes this product is the color and hydration factor. With this lipstick, the fear of it drying out is non-existent. And for a girl with dry lips, this is absolutely fantastic.

Their range of colors is stunning. Only one application is needed (but if you like to layer, you do you).  There's no weird taste since BB was founded on the premise of natural ingredients, and if it goes on your lips then it should taste good, which I don't really have a major opinion on that front. It didn't taste bad, but I wasn't licking my lips because it tasted good either.

The hydration is amazing.  There is transfer, though, which is why it doesn't get five stars. From lips to teeth, the transfer is barely minimal, if anything. From lips to everything else? A lot. The product will be gone if you eat a meal, from salad to greasy pizza. There is a slight stain left behind, though, and your lips keep their plump look, which is nice. I do reach for my lip balm after eating, so if you have seriously dry lips, be prepared for that.  Even with that, I still recommend this product because of the color and hydration it gives when you first put it on, and it does last well until food is involved.
Maia S.
Arlington, VA
I think this would be 5 stars if I didn’t have lipstick formulas I like better. I bought a set of 4 minis from Sephora, and I really love all the colors. The hype around this formula is big, so I was expecting the best. But somehow, if my lips are chapped at all, Bite amuse bouche lipsticks find all the lines and show them to the world. When they’re not chapped it’s fine, but honestly the reason I like bullet lipsticks better than liquid is because I live in a cold place. My lips are frequently at least a little chapped. (Rhubarb is my favorite of the ones I own, if you’re looking for color recommendations and have smooth lips)
Dee V.
Oklahoma City , OK
These lipsticks are seriously the best. They're aren't transfer proof but they do last a long while for a lipstick and the pigmentation is awesome. This brand is amazing as they're made with natural and organic ingredients. I have dry skin and severely dry lips (especially in the winter months) so wearing liquid lipsticks aren't comfortable. When I wear these Bite Beauty lipsticks my lips feel hydrated and the lipstick always looks amazing. BITE Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick Collection
Romi G.
Which one is your favorite? Beetroot, Gazpacho or Pepper?
Angel S.
Where can I find these? I've never seen this brand in stores, perhaps it's online only?
Alexandra C.
What is your fav color? Wanting to try this brand but want an everyday color.
Bianca G.
How well does this apply?
claire s.
Chula Vista, CA
Are the voxbox samples full size products or trial size products?