Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY BITE BEAUTY #5 in Lipstick

A high-impact lipstick in multi-dimensional shades, handcrafted to deliver intense moisture and creamy wear, AKA The Perfect Bite.

Meet The Perfect Bite: Amuse Bouche Lipstick. Inspired by amuse-bouche—small, perfectly crafted bites that showcase a chef’s artistry when it comes to flavor, texture and presentation—this lipstick serves bold, creamy color and an unforgettable sensorial experience in a single swipe.

With unexpected undertones and richly saturated triple-milled pigments, its multidimensional shades offer a modern take on color. The small batch, low-heat process preserves a balanced blend of lip-quenching nutrients, vitamins, and 12 nourishing oils—essential for achieving healthy-looking lips—for lip color that is addictively creamy yet weightless. And, it features a mouthwatering flavor made from fresh-pressed citrus layered with notes of cherry, mint, mango and vanilla.

Like all Bite Beauty products, Amuse Bouche Lipstick is handcrafted by Bite Beauty at the brand’s facility in Toronto, and is made with natural and organic ingredients, so you can feel good about your lipstick and indulge each and every color craving, guilt-free.

Bite Beauty does not contain parabens, phthalates, or sulfates. Bite is cruelty-free and Leaping Bunny certified.

Orange Peel Wax – Helps seal in hydration

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Triisostearyl Citrate*, Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*/**, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*/**, Silica*, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil*, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax*, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil*/**, Glyceryl Rosinate*, Acacia Decurrens/Jojoba/Sunflower Seed Wax Polyglyceryl-3 Esters*, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*/**, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil*/**, Aroma (Flavor), Hydrogenated Castor Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*/**, Cerica (Silk) Powder, Pearl Powder*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables*, Glyceryl Oleate*, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate*, Resveratrol*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract*/**, Momordica Grosvenorii Fruit Extract*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*/**, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*/**, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*/**, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Punica Granatum Seed Oil*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil*/**, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Skin Extract*, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract*, Resveratrol – antioxidant found in red wine

+/- May Contain: Tin Oxide*, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)*, Manganese Violet (Ci 77742)*, Carmine (Ci 75470)*, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci77492, Ci 77499), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Red 40 Lake (Ci 16035), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)

• What is the staying power for the Bite lipsticks?6 Answers
  • Which one is your favorite? Beetroot, Gazpacho or Pepper?33 Answers
  • Have any of you had Influenster send you several emails a...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
  • "They are so creamy love the smell and beautiful color!!!! My favorite one is pepper. Great for valentine day coming up. Not drying at all I'm so happy with the product the texture as well the smell. I received this gift from bite and they did an amazing job on these lipstick in love." in 1355 reviews
  • "I really like these lipsticks. I received 3 shades in the amuse bouche box and I love them all. They are so luxurious and hydrating with a soft citrus scent. I appreciate that these are vegan and also gluten free. I received this product complimentary of influenster." in 830 reviews
  • "OMG I'm in love- I received three colors from influenster and bite beauty in my voxbox to try for free and so far I've only tried the red shade which is gazpacho. I don't usually wear red but it went on so smooth and smells great everyone liked it! I love that it's made with natural ingredients and had actually fruit oils in it! " in 461 reviews
  • "I've tried this in the store it's so gorgeous full pimented lipstick.very mousturizing and long lasting" in 450 reviews
Mandy B.
Bee Spring
Review for: Beetroot, Sake, Eggplant, Molasses, Whiskey, Thistle, Rhubarb, Chai more...
I absolutely ADORE the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipsticks. I have them in a multitude of colors and they’ve almost never failed me, (at least until recently, which I will explain in a moment.)
Molasses and Chai are my absolute favorite colors, with the former being a red brown and the latter being a beige-pink. You can’t go wrong with their medium to light browns or neutral shades. Some of the more bold shades or super dark shades can be a little streaky because of the creaminess of the formula, but it’s nothing that can’t be fixed with a little extra finesse.

Now, on to my problem: I’ve recently developed an allergy to their formula. I thought they had changed it somehow, but I’ve used some of the first Amuse Bouche lipsticks I bought before the initial reaction and they caused the same problem. My skin tends to be hypersensitive anyway, so who knows what the issue is!

That being said, I would highly recommend these lipsticks to my friends, (and hope that you don’t fall in love with them then develop an allergy.) They are super pigmented, creamy, long lasting, and moisturizing. Oh, and they smell delicious too! They’re also cruelty free and made from food grade ingredients, so you don’t really have to worry about ingesting super weird chemicals when wearing them. Excellent product that I wish I could still wear.
Britney S.
Indianola, IA
Review for: Chai more...
I received this product as a birthday present from Sephora. This product is amazing! It feels really hydrating on my lips, and my lips are pretty sensitive to new lip products, and this gave them no trouble whatsoever! This lipstick has a light, sweet, citrus smell to it. The smell is not bad or overwhelming. Just enough to smell good when bringing it up to your face. The color I received was Chai. I would describe this color as a pinkish, brick red color. When swatching the product it is shiny, kinda glossy looking, but a lot of that goes away when applying to the lips and pressing them together. Whenever I wear this (which is about everyday) it makes my lips hydrated and looking more full! Not to mention that I received the deluxe version (small test size), and the packaging is adorable! The B pressed into the product is so cute! As well as the packing has a soft, silicone feel to it (one of my favorite feelings for makeup product packaging). I absolutely love this product and wish to try more colors!
borie l.
Fife, WA
Review for: Chai more...
I got the Amuse Bouche Mini Lipstick in Chai in my Sephora Birthday Gift Set and OMG I LOVE IT. I am not very adventurous in my lip color choices and tend to stick towards brickish nudes which this was. Out of all the brick colored nudes I’ve tried, this has got to be the best! It really just looks like a really enhanced version of my lip color which I love. I’ve always loved Bite Beauty lip products because they go on smooth and feel so creamy and hydrating on the lips. It also doesn’t take a lot of product to get full coverage so that is great as well! The lippie lasted several hours (maybe 7-8?) on me and I checked for transfer throughout the day. There is definitely some transfer but I think much better than other lipsticks and liquid lipsticks I’ve tried. I’m not sure how much the full size version is but I will definitely be purchasing it when I run out of my mini!
Holly K.
Review for: Meringue more...
These lipsticks are beautiful if you like full coverage, thick feeling, hydrating lipsticks. They last a very long time on the lips. If you drink or eat the color does transfer but still leaves full pigment behind. It's like the top layer transfers but it's so thick that the bottom layer stains the lips. It's so rich and comfortable! However the pink lemonade scent has begun to bother me. I more than half finished two pinky peachy nude shades but perhaps because the brand is natural it expires more quickly because after 1.5 years it tastes bad now. The sweet smell is still there but something in the formula tastes off now and I can't keep wearing it. Other lipsticks I've owned are older and don't taste off like these do now. If you want to try I'd commit to 1 or 2 shades and finish within a year before they go bad.
Yesenia G.
New Castle, DE
Review for: Bite Beauty The Perfect Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick Set Honeycomb/ Sugarcane/ Rhubarb/ Cayenne more...
These are super tiny. Now, I know I gave a higher rating on my last one and your probably wondering why is this one less? First, it has a cool mirror tin can type container and it’s cute. The formula is good on some of the lippies and some are just awful. The sugarcane is a pink color that I will say it’s awful. Comes very patchy on the lips and isn’t pigmented. The others are good but they had added honeycomb which is one that has been in the previous holiday set. Which is why I gave a 3 stars. Otherwise, it’s a good set of lippies.
Ram C.
I'll admit, I got sucked in due to the trend. Can't remember what shade I got at this point, it was a deep cool-toned red. But the formula. Oh God, it was so slippery. Feathered everywhere and all over my teeth. I usually research well before purchases as I hate returning cosmetics (they can't be salvaged), but back to Sephora this went. Tried primer, no primer, lip liner, no liner, hot and cooler weather. No go. Could not get this to stay in place. Maybe other shades are better, maybe these are better for dry-skin people (though my lips are chronically dry), but I'm not keen on spending the amount these cost for a potentially bad experience again. Saving 2 stars only for the lovely colour selection.
jennifer h.
Quincy, MA
Review for: Cava more...
I fell in love with this color when i saw it because i thought it was going to be a cool toned grey purple. The Bite Beauty lipsticks are some of my favorites but i just don’t like this color on me. It isn’t very pigmented and it just looks really dull. The formula of these is so amazing. I love the lemon zing fragrance and the lipstick itself feels moisturizing. I’ll definitely get other colors but this one is a pass for me. I’ll attach a picture of me NOT wearing this lipstick so you can see my overall tone.
Ashley D.
Review for: Verbena more...
What truly makes this product is the color and hydration factor. With this lipstick, the fear of it drying out is non-existent. And for a girl with dry lips, this is absolutely fantastic.

Their range of colors is stunning. Only one application is needed (but if you like to layer, you do you).  There's no weird taste since BB was founded on the premise of natural ingredients, and if it goes on your lips then it should taste good, which I don't really have a major opinion on that front. It didn't taste bad, but I wasn't licking my lips because it tasted good either.

The hydration is amazing.  There is transfer, though, which is why it doesn't get five stars. From lips to teeth, the transfer is barely minimal, if anything. From lips to everything else? A lot. The product will be gone if you eat a meal, from salad to greasy pizza. There is a slight stain left behind, though, and your lips keep their plump look, which is nice. I do reach for my lip balm after eating, so if you have seriously dry lips, be prepared for that.  Even with that, I still recommend this product because of the color and hydration it gives when you first put it on, and it does last well until food is involved.
Rachel T.
Review for: Verbena, Fig, Sugarcane, Meringue, Sweet Cream more...
I'm generally pretty skeptical of expensive lipsticks, since many lower priced options are just as good. These lipsticks are actually amazing.
Pros:
    -Incredibly pigmented
    -Moisturizing/doesn't accentuate lip lines
    -Applies very easily/glides on the lips

Cons:
    -Not a particularly long lasting formula

I typically only use transfer proof liquid lipsticks for dark shades if I know I'm going to be eating, but I find myself reaching for some darker shades like Verbena from this collection, just because of how flattering they look and how wonderful they feel. I will have to reapply these lipsticks throughout the day, particularly if I am eating. But they apply so easily, I don't really think it's such a hassle.

While these aren't a matte formula, they are not particularly glossy either; they're a true cream finish.

I highly recommend these lipsticks to you.
Amber R.
Review for: Fig more...
A perfect nude color on my super yellow coloring. The first few times I hate it, too creamy and was almost too pigmented, if that’s possible. I used the dabbing trick with a paper towel and blotted it with some translucent powder and it actually stays in place and looks great now. I don’t know how I’ll ever finish this color though, I’ve used it a lot but it’s so pigmented I don’t need more than 2 coats for the full day. Definitely use a lip liner if you have one, I didn’t when I first got it and lip liner and blotting it has made all the difference for this lippie. Bullet lipsticks all day!!
Romi G.
Which one is your favorite? Beetroot, Gazpacho or Pepper?
Angel S.
Where can I find these? I've never seen this brand in stores, perhaps it's online only?
Alexandra C.
What is your fav color? Wanting to try this brand but want an everyday color.
Bianca G.
How well does this apply?
claire s.
Chula Vista, CA
Are the voxbox samples full size products or trial size products?